New 10CC "Original Soundtrack" reissue issue

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: New 10CC "Original Soundtrack" reissue issue
« Reply #20 on: 8 Feb 2009, 06:01 pm »
The original Original had a gatefold cover with the band in the camera viewer, spanning both sides of the gatefold.  That's all i remember.

Inside gatefold opned

gatefold cover opened

marknoir

« Reply #21 on: 8 Feb 2009, 07:19 pm »
Yes, that's what I have, and the cowboy and the band picture are of distinct different more yellowish hue.

marknoir

orthobiz

« Reply #23 on: 8 Feb 2009, 07:39 pm »
Cool! Let us know how it sounds.

BTW, way back, when I was young, rich and famous (right!), I could swear I saw at least one "Original Soundtrack" album, where the screen was punched out, and the inner sleeve had the cowboy artwork. Am I dreaming?

No, you're not dreaming. The original cover has a motion picture camera view of a cowboy and it has a sheen that the flat surface rest-of-the-album doesn't. Inside, there's a photo of the group with a horizontal striped effect with the same sheen. At a glance, I think you could mistaken this for a cutout or punch effect.

It's not really yellow inside the camera on mine. But, knowing that corn products are often used to make cardboard glossy, maybe there's a tint to some of them...

Unless of course, there's still another version out there! Mine is Mercury SRM-1-1029.

Paul

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #24 on: 8 Feb 2009, 08:12 pm »
My pix and comment was simply to point out that they was no "cut out" or window to the inner gatefold, just probably the remembrance that both featured glossy pics inside the camera/viewer...but nontheless different pics (cowboy and band).  I challenge the idea that there is a version out there with a cut out to the inner gatefold view of the cowboy  (i.e he WAS dreaming)   :)  ).

Wouldn't a hirez remastering of the whole 10CC catalog be a very very nice thing.?  A full bandwidth presentation of How Dare You?...or Sheet Music?  With all the nuances and tight production freed from all the damn compression!!!  We can dream...  :drool:

orthobiz

« Reply #25 on: 8 Feb 2009, 09:19 pm »
Wouldn't a hirez remastering of the whole 10CC catalog be a very very nice thing.?  A full bandwidth presentation of How Dare You?...or Sheet Music?  With all the nuances and tight production freed from all the damn compression!!!  We can dream...  :drool:

10cc is awesome. I like the early better than the late...

Paul

marknoir

« Reply #26 on: 18 Feb 2009, 08:52 pm »
So the seller have refunded the purchase price AND shipping. He also said "thanks for the info", I guess regarding the CD-R with comparisons. Final note: the record sonded more like a bad version of a CD. I wonder if those guys even had a master, or they just ran it from a CD.

Wayner

« Reply #27 on: 18 Feb 2009, 10:57 pm »
I received mine in the mail yesterday. While I like the hit song, the tunes in front of it are a bit too burlesque for me. Nothing worse then someone singing a bad fake French accent.

Like Steve Martin in the Pink Panther (Puke).

Wayner

marknoir

« Reply #28 on: 18 Feb 2009, 11:20 pm »
Well, we will not discuss tastes in this post. I, and most posters in this thread are 10CC fans. I was merely discussing the horrible pressing quality of the new reissue, not the music, or it's value to anybody who is not into it.

Cheers...

BTW Hate the Steve's versions of Pink panther as well, I'm old enough to remember the originals with Sellers.

singstad

« Reply #29 on: 11 Jun 2010, 11:19 pm »
Hello fellow circlers!

. At first it sounded pretty good. Right away I could tell that surface was quiet. But as I listened more, I realised that the treble level was WAY too much, not only that - most tracks are absolutely UNLISTENABLE! Whenever singer would pronounce an "S" sound, it would sound like Donald Duck!!!! the rest of those albums ). What is it with these new pressings? All I can say is - if anybody out there has a different experience, please share. Right now I'm trying to return this album, and if it fails - well, $20 will not break me, and at least I'm in the know now.

Got my copy today. same experience. I forced myself to listen for 1o minutes. Painful. The worst sounding record I ever bought.

One nuitmare i Paris..

Are the other releases from this company equally bad?