Hifiwigwam Show

beeroclock

Hifiwigwam Show
« on: 1 Feb 2009, 11:15 am »
Hi all

I know most posters here are predominately State side - but I'd thought I'd give the heads up on an enthusiasts show that a bunch of guys from the Hifiwigam are having. About 50 of us have each got a room in a hotel and will be exhibiting our own systems. I will be showing my Redwine Sig 30 with some Bastanis Prometheus spkrs.

More details can be seen here :

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/show/

thanks philip

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: Hifiwigwam Show
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2009, 01:41 pm »
It looks like you have a wonderful weekend in store.
While vacationing in the UK last year we stayed near Melton Mowbry in a place called Rutland. The hotel was the Barnsdale Country Club; beautiful countryside. Enjoy.

kitten

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2009, 05:14 pm »
Philip, I lived over there for a couple of years and still read PFM. It would be great if you could post here afterwards with people's impressions. What source are you using?

beeroclock

« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2009, 05:55 pm »
Hi

will be bringing a camera and hopefully be able to do a few pics etc. My sources will be an Avid Sequel MK4, SME4 and DV XV1 (or OC9 Ml2), Aqvox phono stage, Lector Zoe Pre amp and a Resolution Audio Opus 21 cd player.

I'm basically really excited about it, but also slightly nervous. My only worry is how long the Redwine will last. I will have to probably have a back-up of some sort, I've never really had it on for more that 4hrs in one sitting.

cheers philip

laserboi

« Reply #4 on: 4 Feb 2009, 09:17 pm »
The concept of everyone renting their own rooms and exhibiting their own systems is true genius.  I know you all will have a lot of fun over there.   :thumb:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #5 on: 4 Feb 2009, 10:24 pm »
Hi all

I know most posters here are predominately State side - but I'd thought I'd give the heads up on an enthusiasts show that a bunch of guys from the Hifiwigam are having. About 50 of us have each got a room in a hotel and will be exhibiting our own systems. I will be showing my Redwine Sig 30 with some Bastanis Prometheus spkrs.

More details can be seen here :

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/show/

thanks philip

Hi Philip,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

This does sound like a lot of fun!  I hope a lot of people come listen and you all have a good time.  YES - please post how it goes, pics, etc. when you get a chance.

I'm basically really excited about it, but also slightly nervous. My only worry is how long the Redwine will last.

The original Sig 30 does not have the SMART module, but assuming the batteries are in good conditon, you should be able to play 12 to 24 hours on a full charge.  The Prometheus speakers are easy to drive and high efficiency, so it does not take much power to get them going  8)

Have a great time and thanks for posting!

Vinnie

beeroclock

« Reply #6 on: 4 Feb 2009, 11:58 pm »
Hi Laserboi

We the exhibitors do not even have to pay for the rooms, the hotel has been organised by the chester group (they organise hifi shows here in the UK). Our costs will be to get our equipment to and from the hotel and our overnight stay etc. There will be an entrance fee for other enthusiasts who wish to visit.

To be honest it will just be really cool to meet a lot of the other guys from the forums, and get and idea of everyone's systems on an even playing field, could be an eye opener. I supposed to be going on holiday next week and I'm not sure what I'm more excited about :D, though obviously I haven't told my wife that :wink:

Vinnie the batteries are only a few months old and have been very well looked after, so I should be ok.

cheers philip

Jampot

« Reply #7 on: 5 Feb 2009, 01:41 pm »
I've put it on the calender Phillip.

That doesn't of course mean I will 'definitely' be there, but it sounds like an interesting day out, so I'll give it my best shot.

Hopefully be a bit like a New York Rave or a North Texas Jam :icon_twisted:

Jim

Nick Bassman

« Reply #8 on: 9 Feb 2009, 07:03 am »

Vinnie the batteries are only a few months old and have been very well looked after, so I should be ok.

Hey Philip

I think you'll be just fine I've regularly had my Sig 30.2 on from 8 am to 10 pm with no problems, this is running my Zu Def 2s.
Good luck with the show, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it.

Cheers

Nick

beeroclock

« Reply #9 on: 3 Mar 2009, 11:24 pm »
Hi All

just to say the show went really well, system sounded great - amp lasted the day no problem  :icon_lol:

here;s a picture of the room.

cheers philip