Is There An Optimum Number of CDs That Can Be Ripped In A Given Time Frame?

ZLS

The question i have relates to sound quality, not patience. 

I rip my CDs in battery mode, is the limitation simply until the battery hits the dreaded 10% point? 

I thank you for your answers. 

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
What burner do you use, and what PC?

orthobiz

I used to burn at higher rates, thinking it didn't make any difference. If you burn at too high a rate, sometimes you'll find a car player (or even a CD home player) that somehow can't recognize the disk.

Therefore, personally, I burn at 4x rate.
Which means however long the CD is, divide by four and there's your approximate time.

When the battery hits 10 percent, you run the risk of shutdown before a given disk is complete.

Paul

JDUBS

I think he's talking about ripping not burning.

The answer is 3.

Just kidding.  I guess just keep going until AccurateRip says your rips aren't perfect (you are using AccurateRip, right?).

-Jim

orthobiz

Oh, ripping!!! Next I'll be protesting violins on television, like Roseann Rosannadanna.

"Never mind..."

Paul

Crimson

Z, Ripping with battery will greatly reduce up time. With a healthy battery and error-correction enabled (i.e. ripping at 3-7x), you're probably looking at 6-10 discs (60-90 minutes of safe up time). Watch that battery, though.

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
Oh, ripping!!! Next I'll be protesting violins on television, like Roseann Rosannadanna.

"Never mind..."

Paul

You're on a roll! That was Emily Litella.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Litella
 Same actress though. :lol:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Z, Ripping with battery will greatly reduce up time. With a healthy battery and error-correction enabled (i.e. ripping at 3-7x), you're probably looking at 6-10 discs (60-90 minutes of safe up time). Watch that battery, though.

OK so we are talking about ripping using the Macbook X on battery power, or some battery powered CD or DVD burner?