Vodka????

JoshK

Re: Vodka????
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jan 2009, 04:28 am »
Like I said, I can't stand vodka...and I've tried many in many different drinks.  But... if I did drink wadka, I think I might try this one... there is just something about it.

Mariusz

« Reply #21 on: 16 Jan 2009, 05:02 am »
Like I said, I can't stand vodka...and I've tried many in many different drinks.  But... if I did drink wadka, I think I might try this one... there is just something about it.

Yes, there is .............big freakin'  headache  :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Mariusz :thumb:

BobM

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jan 2009, 10:13 am »
I also like the premium potato vodka's (Belevedere is the one for me), but that wood vodka made for a very nice shot Mariuz. Never tried Tito's.

I've "found" a few over the years when they wer cheap (Wyborova, Lukosova) but once the word gets out they all seem to double in price. My favorite cheapie thse days is called Platinum.

Oh, and a really great Gin I just discovered is called Amsterdam, if anyone on this thread cares.

enjoy,
Bob

djbnh

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jan 2009, 11:00 am »
I love Three Olives for its price and the good mood it seems to always put me in. 
Ditto. Nice for the price.

2bigears

« Reply #24 on: 17 Jan 2009, 02:40 am »
 :D  good thread,but i am in total shock knowing i have been downing welfare wiskey :o i always thought that red label Smirnoff was the goods....just picked up a jug-o Belevedere.happy sailing toooonniigghhttt...... :thumb: :D

Mariusz

« Reply #25 on: 17 Jan 2009, 03:16 am »
:D  good thread,but i am in total shock knowing i have been downing welfare wiskey :o i always thought that red label Smirnoff was the goods....just picked up a jug-o Belevedere.happy sailing toooonniigghhttt...... :thumb: :D
By all means drink what you like, it is just that my head is sensitive to bad vodka and reaction is even worst.

Tequila, good scotch and cognac I can drink all night..................and Vodka which I mentioned earlier.

Mariusz

PMAT

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jan 2009, 04:47 am »
Smirnoff is not vodka, its nail polish remover. What about your favorite Vodka for martinis? Mine is Absolut with a small splash of vermouth and 5 huge olives.

JohnR

« Reply #27 on: 17 Jan 2009, 10:20 am »
I've gone off Absolut. Not sure why... maybe it's all the dinky flavored versions they have, just seems gimmicky.

Embarrassingly enough, I went back to Smirnoff, but the Black label. Mariusz, any thoughts on that one?  :peek: I'll admit I'm not much of a connoisseur...

I'll have a look for some of the reccies made here but we just don't get a lot of variety around here...

Crimson

« Reply #28 on: 17 Jan 2009, 10:45 am »
I've gone off Absolut. Not sure why... maybe it's all the dinky flavored versions they have, just seems gimmicky.

Embarrassingly enough, I went back to Smirnoff, but the Black label. Mariusz, any thoughts on that one?  :peek: I'll admit I'm not much of a connoisseur...

I'll have a look for some of the reccies made here but we just don't get a lot of variety around here...

I'll drink Smirnoff Black over Absolut any day. In a mixed drink, that is. My subjective take on vodka is that it has to be distilled at least 5 times, whether of the potato or grain variety. Try Kauffman's. You'll like it.  :drool:

Mariusz

« Reply #29 on: 17 Jan 2009, 02:40 pm »
I drink shots but, my guest is that cranberry juice would overpower even the nastiest vodka there is.
Absolut is not bad in that regard. But then again, if I, want the desert drink I get Starbucks Smoothie. :lol:
I have not try Smirnoff Black but ..................it is still Smirnoff and it brings bad memories. :cry:
"Frenche" Grey Goose is actually very good but pricey. I was shock to find out that they know vodka. :o
Russians can drink and they have quite an assortment but the only one I really like is Stolichnaya Vodka Elite. It is pricey tho.

try it you might like it. :thumb:

gary

« Reply #30 on: 17 Jan 2009, 03:08 pm »
I don't mind drinking the "premium" vodkas, chopin, grey goose, etc., but only when the company is paying. If it's my money or if I'm buying a bottle I just go with Stoli. I'm not sure the more expensive ones are really all that much better, and I'm pretty sure that I couldn't tell the diference in a blind test, so I figure there's no reason for me to spend more than that.

Gary

Mariusz

« Reply #31 on: 17 Jan 2009, 03:46 pm »
I don't mind drinking the "premium" vodkas, chopin, grey goose, etc., but only when the company is paying. If it's my money or if I'm buying a bottle I just go with Stoli. I'm not sure the more expensive ones are really all that much better, and I'm pretty sure that I couldn't tell the diference in a blind test, so I figure there's no reason for me to spend more than that.

Gary

I have tried dozen or more tequilas same night. Tequila shoot-out if you will, and I could identified every single shot.
My favorite - 1921 Tequila Reposado. Debowa Vodka is similar in qualities - smooth, goes down like oily nectar of Gods with pleasant aroma.

Drinking Vodka is a ritual, if you just want to get F-up ...any cheap liquor will do. Well, that is not me.
Get some good Vodka, have your friends over, get some 50ml or 100ml shot glasses, wash them, place vodka and wet shot glasses in the frizzer, do not drink on empty stomach (faty food helps), do not mix, have a good time and do not drive.

Mariusz

« Reply #32 on: 17 Jan 2009, 04:00 pm »
Debowa Vodka is not that expensive. It costs between $25 to $30 for 750ml bottle.
Here is some info. -
"Polish Oak Tree Vodka is an outstanding spirit that is the result of a most unique formula crafted throughout the ages. Combining only the best natural ingredients of highly selected plants and a centuries old traditional distillation method, a wonderful blend of vodka has been created.Polish Oak Tree Vodka is an aristocrat among the Polish Vodkas. Debowa natural vodka has won many awards, the most recent of which is the prized "Good Because Polish" award, which is only awarded to the finest natural products in Poland.Debowa is based on the advantages of combining Black Elder flower, Oak wood, of which a sliver is placed in every bottle, and the best Polish Grain Spirit.Enjoy the unique bottle and experience the one-of-a-kind taste of Debowa."
 :thumb:

2bigears

« Reply #33 on: 17 Jan 2009, 04:22 pm »
 :D Canada hey ????  that Belevedere was 50.00 bucks.it is real fine spirit.i have a new upper or should that be lower limit now,i can't go back to the cheap stuff now .... :thumb: :D

EthanH

« Reply #34 on: 17 Jan 2009, 04:47 pm »
People seem to generally have good taste in vodka here.  Chopin is my favorite, although Tito's and Hanger One are also both nice.  When I'm in the mood for something a little different I like Zubrowka, but next time I think I'll have to try that Debowa. :drool:

mcgsxr

« Reply #35 on: 17 Jan 2009, 05:40 pm »
I don't drink anymore, but my best friend loves vodka.  He drinks it like I used to drink scotch (though with much more restraint thankfully) on the rocks.  We used to slam Silent Sam together in high school...

I have a bottle of his Finlandia in my freezer all the time, it is a 40 oz today, as he and the family are coming over and his wife likes some too.

I serve it over rocks, in an old fashioned glass, and they are very pleased!