Free to a good home

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
Free to a good home
« on: 10 Jan 2009, 03:51 pm »
There was widow in Springfield, IL whose husband was a collector of audio equipment, specifically broadcast turntables, mixing consoles (McMartin 6 feet long), and tape recorders, for the most part.  A friend of mine who collects broadcast equipment found out that she was clearing it all out.  Not by trying to selling on E-bay, but just puting it on the curb for the trash men.  :cry:  I helped him move out most of the somewhat moveable turntables and a few mixing consoles.  Some were still in broadcating consoles.  :o  I also saw all these reel to reel items, that I have no interest in, but could not bear to see them end up in a land fill when somebody might use them for parts.

So if anybody has any interest in any of the following, please take these off my hands.  Please note that this fellow did NOT store the equipment well and wasn't particular about what he collected.  Expect surface corrosion, worn heads, and drive belts that have turned to goo. No cases unless noted.

3 - Ampex AG-600 mono soild state 1/4" in carrying cases, covers missing, belts are goo (I do have a person out of state that will take these, depending on what it costs to ship them, but if somebody local would like one or two)
2 - Ampex PR-500 with some cards (probably designed for data or voice only as it is 1/4" seven speeds and 7 tracks???, nice Ampex carrying cases with covers but unfortunately less than standard rack width and only deep enough for the PR-500, with openings in the back specific to the PR-500 input/output)
2 - Crown 800 transports only 1/4"
1 - Axpex PR-10 1/4" transport (belts still intact!?)
1 - Ampex transport 1/2" with 4 heads
1 - Scully 270(?) 1/4" (this is a playback only unit)
1 - Gates 1/4" (probably a relabeled Scully or Metrotech?)

Sorry no literature on anything.

Ken