Phish back out on tour this summer!! :-)

sts9fan

Re: Phish back out on tour this summer!! :-)
« Reply #40 on: 22 Jun 2009, 12:35 pm »
take out Velvent Sea and that second set is almost perfect in my book. 
I was lucky enough to see the Bonnaroo Funky Bitch sound check but I wish they had played it one of the nights. 
Next up Hartford and the Gorge for me. 

Also Halloween IS going to be a fest at the Cochella site in CA.  Book your hotel now. 

rydenfan

« Reply #41 on: 23 Jun 2009, 03:43 pm »
I dont mind the Velvet Sea especially considering where it was place. Since the first return Trey has shown he needs a slow tune mid 2d set to give them a bit of a breather. The full out assault just doesnt really occur these days, and that is fine. My problem is the Bug! I cannot stand that song and it seems to always make its appearance at a crucial point, only making it that much worse for me. After Crosseyed > DWD the freakin energy must have been insane so to throw Bug out is a freakin crime to me. Obviously YMMV

I highly recommend the Downed from Deer Creek!! The composed section is payed well, then there is some straight 93/94 fire from Trey where he absolutely shreds, followed by some solid 97/98 phunk. The Twist that follows is fairly standard but the Drowned is top notch.

jriggy

« Reply #42 on: 24 Jun 2009, 05:35 pm »
I highly recommend the Downed from Deer Creek!! The composed section is payed well, then there is some straight 93/94 fire from Trey where he absolutely shreds, followed by some solid 97/98 phunk. The Twist that follows is fairly standard but the Drowned is top notch.

Totally agree.

Being dead center right behind the SBD in the taper section for our home town show was a real treat!

sts9fan

« Reply #43 on: 5 Aug 2009, 03:51 pm »
The car is picking us up tomorrow at 7am and we will be in Yakima WA by 2pm!!
I am quite excited for my first Gorge trip!!

Hicks

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #44 on: 6 Aug 2009, 06:28 pm »
The car is picking us up tomorrow at 7am and we will be in Yakima WA by 2pm!!
I am quite excited for my first Gorge trip!!

Nice I'm heading out tomorrow. 

Red Rocks was incredible, truly the best outdoor venue in the country and yes I've been to the Gorge many times. 

Musical highlights were Ghost and Stash on Thursday, entire second set on Friday, Curtain With, Esther, Rock n' Roll and DWD on Saturday and Reba, Boogie On, YEM and 2001 on Sunday.

I highly encourage everyone to try and make it out there at least once to experience the amazing energy at RR. 

vinyl_lady

« Reply #45 on: 6 Aug 2009, 11:03 pm »
Red Rocks was incredible, truly the best outdoor venue in the country and yes I've been to the Gorge many times. 

Musical highlights were Ghost and Stash on Thursday, entire second set on Friday, Curtain With, Esther, Rock n' Roll and DWD on Saturday and Reba, Boogie On, YEM and 2001 on Sunday.

I highly encourage everyone to try and make it out there at least once to experience the amazing energy at RR.

I have been to both venues and couldn't agree with you more. I was fortunate to grow up in Denver and experience many shows at Red Rocks--Jefferson Airplane; Jethro Tull more than once; Moody Blues; Allman Bros; Chicago; Beach Boys; Jackson Browne; Cranberries. Recently travelled back to RR from WA to see String Cheese Incident, Rat Dog & Taj Mahal in 2006 and the final SCI concerts in August 2007. Nothing better than a great concert a RR with a thunderstorm light show in the distance on the eastern plains of Colorado.

The Gorge is good, but RR is the best!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #46 on: 8 Aug 2009, 03:42 pm »
The set lists from the last few shows have been off the hook!!

While I wish I could actually be at the shows, but at least I have the entire summer series to listen to via FLAC downloads from livephish.com

Listening to a killer second set from the 8-5-09 show at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA:

Backwards Down The Number Line (8:48)
Down With Disease (20:03)
Limb By Limb (7:49)
Oh! Sweet Nuthin? (9:45)
Cities (6:54)
Maze (11:55)
Mike?s Song (8:27)
Simple (7:39)
Weekapaug Groove (7:04)

George

sts9fan

« Reply #47 on: 8 Aug 2009, 04:07 pm »
Last night was great. 
Not sure rr could top this venue for me.

TRM

« Reply #48 on: 12 Aug 2009, 01:11 am »
Not sure rr could top this venue for me.

have you been to red rocks? just curious

we had to bail on the gorge but the 4 nights at red rocks were spectacular in every way. we're booked for our flight and hotel for Indio, can't freaking wait

Hicks

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #49 on: 12 Aug 2009, 08:01 pm »
Oh man, Friday nights show at the Gorge was the throwdown! 

RR is still a better overall venue IMO, but this show easily topped everything I saw there as well as everything from 3.0 that I've heard.

An 18 minute Sneakin' Sally with a vocal jam in the middle?  Are you freakin' kidding me?  Not to mention a seriously sick jam in Light and an incredible Gin, when was the last time they played that at the end of the second set?

Seriously go d/l this one right now and you will be quite pleased.  THEY ARE BACK!!!!!!!!  :hyper:

sts9fan

« Reply #50 on: 15 Aug 2009, 12:46 pm »
Oh my HARTFORD!  Was a great show and really fun.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #51 on: 15 Aug 2009, 01:24 pm »
The set list looked incredible - especially the second set.

George

rydenfan

« Reply #52 on: 16 Aug 2009, 03:08 am »
THe Psycho Killer is pretty disappointing and not even in the same conversation as Dayton '97, but the Icculus and narration are well beyond what I expected. The Icculus is really, really good  :drool:

sts9fan

« Reply #53 on: 16 Aug 2009, 04:38 pm »
They did some fun stuff coming out of psycho killer that I really liked.  As for Icculus.  I used to think this a stupid novelty song.  I saw the last one 10 years ago but this one was smokin!  Really really good.  If you were there or see video you will know they are having so much fun up there.  Trey was dancin around all grins.  3.0 is the real deal IMHO
Kris

rydenfan

« Reply #54 on: 30 Oct 2009, 06:57 pm »
The countdown is on to tonight!! Should be an incredible weekend  :drool:

Only non-tour fesitval besides Big Cypress (and we know the results of that  :D) which the crew has had months to meticulously conceive

Holiday + Festival = Huge Phish  :flame:

The album mystery  :hyper:

8 sets makes it the longest festival yet including a first time ever acoustic set

just about 8 hours away from Festival 8  :thumb:

sts9fan

« Reply #55 on: 30 Oct 2009, 08:23 pm »
I don't want to talk about it...

TRM

« Reply #56 on: 2 Nov 2009, 04:28 pm »
Glorious weekend of music  :thumb:

rydenfan

« Reply #57 on: 3 Nov 2009, 06:25 pm »
Glorious weekend of music  :thumb:

Care to elaborate??

I am starting to make my way through the shows and will comment once I have listened more intently.

tvyankee

« Reply #58 on: 3 Nov 2009, 06:35 pm »
hello,

just got back from indio, fest8 and it was great.  they played really well and it had that west coast laid back sound to me like when the dead use to play out on the left coast. 

BTW, they recorded the whole 3 days in 3d.  very cool.

rydenfan

« Reply #59 on: 3 Nov 2009, 06:49 pm »
Most feel that 11/01 set III is the single best set since returning. On paper and what I have read sounds very promising. I cannot wait to hear it, but I have a lot of sets to get through first  :wink:

I listened to Exile live on the computer but want to give it a real listen and I cannot wait to enjoy the acoustic set. Curtain With and McGrupp  :drool: