CES reporting

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
CES reporting
« on: 7 Jan 2009, 03:01 am »
I'll not be attending this yrs CES (first time missed in a decade).  Like many others, I'll be looking forward to posts and pics!  I pulled up the www.enjoythemusic.com site for prelim coverage and it looks like WBT will be exhibiting with Bel Canto and VonSchweikert!  Wonder how many other exhibitors with be using VS's to highlight their equipment?

So besides enjoy the music,, who will be providing CES coverage;
www.stereophile.com
www.audiofederation.com
www.dagogo.com
www.audioasylumn.com
www.positive-feedback.com
www.stereotimes.com
www.soundstage.com
www.stereomojo.com
?????

Jack
VSA
Houston

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
Re: CES reporting
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2009, 07:13 pm »
Here is a link to a nice picture.

http://www.soundstage2.com/lasvegas2009/fp07.html

Regards,

Cor :wink:

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2009, 08:23 pm »
Thx Cor!!!  Looks like VAC amp/preamp and maybe an Esoteric CD source?  Terrific news that Soundstage will be reviewing the Uni 3's too!

Another site offering nice pics but navigation is a little rough,, www.audiofederation.com and click o "Shows".

Albert keeps looking younger with each show!! 

Jack
Houston

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2009, 09:49 pm »
Thanks Jack,

Nice pictures.
The amp. looks like the Moscode to me.

Cor :wink:

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2009, 03:34 am »
On 2nd look,, you are correct sir!  It is a Moscode!

steve_sf

• My Gear
« Reply #5 on: 14 Jan 2009, 09:24 pm »
Nice mention from Dave and Carol Clark of Positive Feedback:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue41/ces9.htm

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2009, 05:59 pm »
Thanks Steve...great pix  :drool:

Delacroix

« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2009, 03:46 am »
I had an email from Albert telling me that the show went well and there have been requests for review samples from TAS, StereoTimes, Positive Feedback and DaGoGo, so we might expect to see more coverage of VSA in various mags over the next year or two (given lead times on some of these). Martin Colloms, the Audio Critic magazine editor in the UK also apparently has the new Vr5 Anni in for audition and is comparing them with his reference Watt Puppy 8s.....coverage seems to be on the rise.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jan 2009, 04:05 pm »
I have compared the Watt Puppies to my VR4 SR MkIIs as have a couple of my friends.  The VR4s are at least their equal.

Delacroix

« Reply #9 on: 16 Jan 2009, 07:45 pm »
Yes, the Watt Puppy 8s was one of my reference comparisons when choosing speakers before settling on the 5SEs, certainly they have many qualities but I never felt relaxed listening to them even over a couple of hours in comfortable dealer's showroom. Driving home both times I just felt that I'd never really got into the music, hard to put my finger on exactly but I found myself admiring more than loving their sound, regardless of amps and front ends used. Music is very personal, I suppose, but that reaction told me to pass on making any effort to obtain a pair for myself. The Vons, on the other hand, do make listening to music very pleasurable, which for me is the number one reason to own them.

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jan 2009, 10:07 pm »
Nice pic and coverage on the Unifield 3's at www.Dagogo.com or www.dagogo.com/Events/2009CES/Coverage-II.html by Gary Lea

Enjoy,

Jack

Hoosierdaddy

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2009, 09:18 pm »
Chris Martens at TAS mentions the Uni 3 in a wrap up of CES. He said that the Uni 3 paired with Moscode amplification had "jaw-droppingly great sound".  Nice to see VSA getting positive coverage from one of the big guys...

http://www.avguide.com/blog/tas-editors-writers-pick-the-best-sound-ces-2009

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #12 on: 26 Jan 2009, 01:41 am »
Rounding out the coverage,, www.stereotimes.com "show reports" Dennis Parham calls the Uni 3's one of the best sounds at CES for the $$. In my book, (even tho I didn't attend CES this yr) VSA consistently bests systems costing much, much more and remains one the best value's in audioland!

Jack

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
« Reply #13 on: 26 Jan 2009, 01:50 pm »
oops, if you scroll to the bottom of the audiogon page,, they too offer up pics of VSA/Moscode (unifield 3's) and VSA/Audiospace/Gini (VR5A's) at CES.

Jack

mfsoa

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jan 2009, 02:04 pm »
Pic of the Uni3 on the VAC website, CES show coverage: (at bottom)

http://vac-amps.com/ces2009_report.htm

-Mike