Audition tour for Musica Bella Phono

Mariusz

Re: Audition tour for Musica Bella Phono
« Reply #40 on: 17 Jan 2009, 01:01 am »

Looking good Bill.
I like the two wood-tone scheme , should be complementary to any decor :drool:
Great job. :wink:

I am going to put the purchase of SMMC1 Iron (SoundSmith) on hold. I need some time to do dig (deeper) into some issues which are somewhat concerning. Looks like I will be using Clearaudio Maestro Wood MM 3.6mV. It is very seductive cart which is to my taste.
It should do your phono justice...........I hope.

Bill any (sound) charecteristics of the phono would be somewhat helpfull to fine-tune my system for evaluation.
Please PM if you can, so others will find out the details from "The impressions thread"  not here.
Any tube recommendations would be also helpful as well as I might try some tube rolling to assess its response and changes in that regard.

Thank You

Mariusz :thumb:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #41 on: 18 Jan 2009, 01:06 am »
Mariusz, I'll touch base with you via PM tomorrow.

There have been a few inquires about the Bella Phono and why it is only a limited production. The Bella Phono is a design the came about while designing the Purity Phono. It has been running in my system for a while now and we figured we would release a limited number of these prior to the official release of the Purity Phono to generate some working capital for the full Purity line.

The Purity Phono design is complete and I am only awaiting the newly design chassis and step-up transformers to arrive. I think you will really be impressed with the chassis on these (and the intire Purity line) :drool:

Here is one of my Purity Phono prototypes in a chassis I had laying around left over from some mono bloc amplifiers. It is a very simple arrangement with thick aluminum side panels and face with 1/2" Baltic Birch Ply top with vinyl veneer.

I will leave the details for a new thread that I will start when I have production units available.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #42 on: 19 Jan 2009, 05:19 pm »
There has been an addition to the tour for the first unit. We are now back to 5 on this one which is our limit. The addition is in bold below.

Unit #1

BillC - East Brunswick NJ
peabody - Ocean NJ
toolbluvr - Long Beach NY
Bob_M - Massapequa Park, NY
Mariusz - Brooklyn NY

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #43 on: 20 Jan 2009, 02:50 am »
Here's unit #2 burning in and getting ready to go on tour. This one is done in Cherry veneer. Not as elaborate as the Rosewood piece (tube sockets mounted directly on the sub chassis) but sonically stunning.

Here is the 'burn-in system' showing both audition pieces. It uses a Music Hall CD player and the Granit Audio burn-in disc. Audio Analogue preamp and power amplifier with Musica Bella SP/AV-2 loudspeakers

Here is another shot of the Elm Burl pieces after it's first coat of urethane. This piece will be available for purchase within the next two weeks.

Mariusz

« Reply #44 on: 20 Jan 2009, 02:56 am »

That is a really gorgeous finish.
Very rich and textured.

P.S
So, when will the east-coast tour start Bill?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #45 on: 20 Jan 2009, 03:00 am »
That is a really gorgeous finish.  Very rich and textured.
Thank you! The Burls are a bit more labor intensive but well worth it in the end if you ask me.

On schedule with this one. It will be be at it's first stop the first week of February. The second unit will be going out shortly after. Maybe even the same week if I can get enough hours on it between now and then.

Mariusz

« Reply #46 on: 20 Jan 2009, 03:19 am »
That is a really gorgeous finish.  Very rich and textured.
Thank you! The Burls are a bit more labor intensive but well worth it in the end if you ask me.

On schedule with this one. It will be be at it's first stop the first week of February. The second unit will be going out shortly after. Maybe even the same week if I can get enough hours on it between now and then.

Beautiful things always take time and effort. I completely understand.

As to the schedule, sounds perfect.
Plenty of time to prepare and finish my new speakers.
I have them on for 12h a day (facing each other, 6" apart - one speaker is out of phase for speedier breaking time) break-in cycles.  :hyper:
They need about 400h-600h (or half that using the above method). Another 100h-200h more to sound their best. :violin:

Regards

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #47 on: 23 Jan 2009, 01:59 am »
As a heads up, unit #1 will be shipping out early next week. probably Monday Jan. 26th :thumb:

Unit #2 will be going out the first part of the following week.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #48 on: 28 Jan 2009, 10:26 pm »
Both pieces have left the building and now in route to the first person in each group :thumb:.
 Mine (Elm Burl) is up and running in the main system.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #49 on: 28 Jan 2009, 11:38 pm »
I have had a few inquiries on a more basis chassis to save a few bucks. I can make the Bella Phono available using the same steel sub chassis finish in a Black Epoxy paint.
 Price in epoxy finish would be $1,295 for AC members.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #50 on: 5 Feb 2009, 03:36 pm »

First review has been posted. Thank you Bill C for taking the time for such an in depth evaluation.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=64551.0

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #51 on: 7 Feb 2009, 05:27 am »
Greetings,
 We had one person from the Bella Phono unit #2 tour that had to be removed due to travel reasons. If there is anyone else in the direct path of this unit between MN and NY who wishes to audition the Bella Phono, please let me know and I will see if we can get you on the list.
 Next stop is "tybee - Smyrna TN".

Unit #2

sts9fan - Newton MA
tybee - Smyrna TN
AliG - Katy TX
Matt_P - Circle Pines MN