Audition tour for Musica Bella Phono

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Audition tour for Musica Bella Phono
« on: 7 Jan 2009, 01:59 am »
Greetings AC'ers,

Sometime in February, I will have two Musica Bella "Bella Phono" stand alone phono stages to send out to a few AC members and prior customers to get some feedback. I figure I could have one to make it's way from the West Coast home and another for the East coast.

The Bella Phonos will be MM only at first as we are waiting on new step-up transformers for MC capability. If you require a MC phono stage, I will have one ready for a short tour when they become available.

About the units:

One Bella Phono will be housed in an enclosure 17.5" x 10.25" x 3.5". The other will be 10.5" x 8.5" x 2.5".  Atop both enclosures you will have both tubes exposed as well as two cylinders housing the transformers. Total height of about 5" - 5.5". The chassis will be veneered .25" and .50" Baltic Birch ply. No exotic veneers will be used on these pieces.
 I will post pictures of both pieces shortly.

Terms: Each Bella Phono will be visiting no more than 5 people.

1) In a PM or email, provide me with name, home address, email and contact phono number.
 2) Provide information about your system. You can do this within this thread or via PM. Remember, only MM or high output MC cartridges at this time.
 3) Each person will be able to audition for about 7-10 days.
 4) You will be responsible for shipping and insurance charges to the next person.
 5) Provide feedback. This can be done in an email, PM or a new thread on our circle. Your comments will also be posted on our website.
 6) If you wish to purchase a Bella Phono, a new unit will be built for you and offered at current special pricing. We will not be selling the tour pieces. At least not till the end.

If you are interested in auditioning the Bella Phono and providing feedback, feel free to post any questions, comments or concerns you have in this thread. AC members and previous customers that have expressed interest will have first dibs.

For those who may wish to purchase a Bella Phono after audition, we will sell a limited number at $1595 to Audio Circle members. They are being sold through our website for $1,899.
« Last Edit: 9 Jan 2009, 09:19 pm by Response Audio »

sts9fan

Re: Audition tour for Musica Bella Phono
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2009, 02:02 am »
I would love to audition this phono stage.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2009, 04:41 am »
Thank you sts9fan,
 Please send along your contact info via a PM.

I will let interested parties know where in the line you are and when to expect delivery. This will be based on shortest direct route of shipping. As of now, the East Coast piece will start in New Jersey. Three slots left in the East.

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jan 2009, 05:17 am »
Thank you sts9fan,
 Please send along your contact info via a PM.

I will let interested parties know where in the line you are and when to expect delivery. This will be based on shortest direct route of shipping. As of now, the East Coast piece will start in New Jersey. Three slots left in the East.

I would love to here Bella..............if there is an open spot.

Mariusz

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2009, 05:19 am »
Absolutely Mariusz.
 I was going to contact you via PM as you expressed interest previously.

Mariusz

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2009, 05:26 am »
Absolutely Mariusz.
 I was going to contact you via PM as you expressed interest previously.

Thank you Bill.
Can not wait to here it.
We can use this or new thread for "first impressions"..............I am just afraid that whoever is next in line after me might never see it or hear it.........ever.

Best
Mariusz :thumb:

BobM

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2009, 02:55 pm »
PM sent.

(just make sure I get on the list before Mariusz  :D)

Bob

Mariusz

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jan 2009, 03:58 pm »
PM sent.

Bob

No problem Bob.  :thumb:
I like to listen to her when she is fully broken in anyway. :lol:

P.S

Bill
I'll pm my info and associated gear as soon as I get home. :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #8 on: 7 Jan 2009, 04:09 pm »
Bill,

I will wait until you get your MC model.  Put me in for that tour.

BobM

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jan 2009, 04:13 pm »
PM sent.

Bob

P.S

Bill

Yeah, the break in thing is a real pain with a phono stage. Bill, any chance the unit can be broken in before it goes out, otherwise I think it might only be reaching its peak by the time you get it back.

Mariusz, you would certainly be welcome to come out to LI and give a listen, then take it back with you (that is, if I make it on the tour list), or bring it with you and drop it off if you get it first.

Bill, same offer to you. Binghamton isn't that far away and perhaps you can meet some of the NY Ravers.

Bob

Mariusz

« Reply #10 on: 7 Jan 2009, 04:31 pm »
PM sent.

Bob

P.So

Bill

Yeah, the break in thing is a real pain with a phono stage. Bill, any chance the unit can be broken in before it goes out, otherwise I think it might only be reaching its peak by the time you get it back.

Mariusz, you would certainly be welcome to come out to LI and give a listen, then take it back with you
(that is, if I make it on the tour list), or bring it with you and drop it off if you get it first.

Bill, same offer to you. Binghamton isn't that far away and perhaps you can meet some of the NY Ravers.

Bob

Perfect.
Less time with butcher delivery man the better.

Mariusz 

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #11 on: 7 Jan 2009, 04:32 pm »
Hi Guys,

The way things are progressing, I may have to start both pieces out on the East Coast. There are already 6-7 people that are already requesting to be on tour. All in the NYC/NJ and New England area. Wasn't expecting that :scratch:

Everyone that has PM'ed me so far will be in line.

Ravers: if you have a rave pending, let me know your dates and I will try to work it in the tour schedule so you can have it for your rave. That would kill many birds with one stone.

As far as burn-in goes, this is why I wanted to wait till February as it will give me a chance to burn them in. I really don't like the sound of fresh phono stages and not having everyone hear them fully burned in would defeat the purpose. Looks like I should pick up a phono burn-in disc or two.

Woodsyi, I will post information when the MC version is available.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #12 on: 7 Jan 2009, 10:53 pm »
Here are a few qick pictures of one of the pieces that will go out.

Mariusz

« Reply #13 on: 7 Jan 2009, 11:35 pm »
Wow, it looks stunning.
PLEASE put me as the last person on the list.

P. S
Can you turn it into MM/MC if needed (later that is) ???

As to my analog setup, it will be:

Lenco L-75 with SME3009 II Imp. and most likely SoundSmith cart.  Do not know which one tho.  I like SMMC 1 or 2 but am still waiting for Peter's recommendations.  We will see.

I also have Music Maker III on Morch UP-4 arm but that setup would have to wait for your Bella MC tour.

Thanks
Mariusz   

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #14 on: 9 Jan 2009, 12:32 am »
Good evening folks. A few updates:

We are not taking any more names for the audition tour. There are a good number of people now and I don't want to spread the time frame out to far.

What will be included? They will be equipped with tubes, upgraded 5ft power cord (Jam'n Audio PRO 14S) and a 30" Clarity Labs Harvest interconnect cable. Both cables will be included with any Bella Phono purchased during the tour.

Can you turn it into MM/MC if needed (later that is) ???

Unfortunately...No... the layout would be slightly different for units with MC capability and the tour pieces are not laid out in a way to accommodate the step-up transformers. Another option should you decide the keep the demo unit would be to simply install the step-up transformers into a separate enclosure and used as a stand alone unit.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #15 on: 9 Jan 2009, 01:47 am »
hi bill,

i would also be interested in trying a mc iteration.  but, i would like an idea of the pricing; i don't wanna waste your good-will if it would be something i wouldn't be prepared to buy.  if you wanna pm me w/this, that is fine.

best,

doug s.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #16 on: 9 Jan 2009, 02:47 am »
Hi Doug,
 Thanks for the interest in the Bella phono. The MM/MC Bella Phono with adjustable MC loading will be about $250-$300 additional on the retail end.

I hope to have one of these available to send a few select AC members sometime in February. I know woodsyi wants to audition this one as well.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #17 on: 9 Jan 2009, 12:34 pm »
hi bill,
did i miss it?  $250-$300 more than what?   :wink:  yes, woodsyi is about an hour from me, mebbe i could pick one up from him, when he's done...

best,

doug s.
Hi Doug,
 Thanks for the interest in the Bella phono. The MM/MC Bella Phono with adjustable MC loading will be about $250-$300 additional on the retail end.

I hope to have one of these available to send a few select AC members sometime in February. I know woodsyi wants to audition this one as well.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #18 on: 9 Jan 2009, 01:24 pm »
Hi Doug,
 The Mm/MC version will be $250-$300 additional to the price of the Bella Phono.

woodsyi is first in line for MM/MC so that would work out nicely.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #19 on: 9 Jan 2009, 01:36 pm »
and the price of the bella phono is?   :wink:

doug s.

Hi Doug,
 The Mm/MC version will be $250-$300 additional to the price of the Bella Phono.

woodsyi is first in line for MM/MC so that would work out nicely.