For Audio by Van Alstine owners...............................

charmerci

Correction - The record was originally recorded direct-to-disc to the metal master. (I assume the CD recording came from a master reel-to-reel tape that was also at the original session.)

martyo

Correction - The record was originally recorded direct-to-disc to the metal master. (I assume the CD recording came from a master reel-to-reel tape that was also at the original session.)

That is what I was led to believe.
Back when it was current and I did vinyl, I ended up buying 3 copies of the LP. It was one of my demo albums then. Only have one of the CD's.  :D

EV-MAN

Wayner, I downloaded the song Hall of Stairs by Andreas Vallenweider. I guess this is the song you are talking about? What can I say but very strange. But you know it sounded extremly good. I don't care what kind of music it is. Check out Charlie Daniels Band. Legend of Wooly Swamp. Live version. The fidels and bass are fantastic. I just got my system together and its fun playing all the different kinds of music and it seems as if every day I find a song that will amaze me. Man this is fun..........

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
Talking Heads DVD Audio/dual disc. The Brick set.
I have just listen to them all very recently. Super minimal production and recording. Great video pictures while it is playing.

I have many more, it would be a long list!

Wayner

EV-MAN,

Yes, Vollenweider is not your average musician, it is an out there orchestra. They have a bunch of albums, all on CBS records and they are close to the top in my collection for sonics. I simply enjoy the music with no political statements, just music. By the way, my favorite Vollenwieder is called "Dancing with the Lion". Check it out.

budyog,

I love the Talking Heads band too. I have 6 albums, but not that one. My Favorite (and a fantastic live recording) is Stop Making Sense with "Burning Down the House" and "Psycho-Killer"! This stuff is made to be played loud, bud!

Wayner

budyog

• I don't listen to audio, I listen to music.
budyog,

I love the Talking Heads band too. I have 6 albums, but not that one. My Favorite (and a fantastic live recording) is Stop Making Sense with "Burning Down the House" and "Psycho-Killer"! This stuff is made to be played loud, bud!

Wayner

Oh, oh, Wayner what are you saying, meant to be played loud? We cant play loud on this forum, can we? :D

The Talking Heads Brick set is just all there albums on dual disc with extra tracks and video/pictures and great old "live" rare concert footage. All remastered to perfection. I have seen them "live" many times, I even met all of them at the Longhorn bar in downtown Minneapolis long ago when the were just starting out. 1977 They played 2 shows on a Friday and 2 on a Saturday. It was a awsome time at the Longhorn Bar. Blondie, Elvis Costello, Television, Boomtown Rats and many more played there. Seen them all!
My new neighbor is a huge Talking Heads fan. That is what got us together.  (For those who don't know, see other AVA thread) We 1st rocked out to "Stop Making Sence" Superb! I love that DVD concert. On of my favorites.

weirdo

On vinyl,   "Phoebe Snow" self titled
On CD, Greenhouse, the Yellow Jackets

Wayner

Re: For Audio by Van Alstine owners...............................
« Reply #27 on: 10 Jan 2009, 01:00 am »
I have to add one more:

Camel - The Single Factor. If you don't know about Camel, they were a progressive rock band from the '70s. The leader is Andrew Latimer. He was asked by Rodger Waters to be the guitarist for his Pink Floyd tour a couple of years ago, but Andrew didn't think he could hit a couple of the notes (vocally). He is every bit the guitarist that David Gilmore is, However, I love them both.

This album is great because he has a guest singer with him from the Alan Parsons Project, Chris Rainbow. He does the song "Heros", "A hearts desire", and "End Peace". One of my top 5 albums of all time.

Wayner  aa