Flickr vs. YouTube User Manners Disparity

viggen

Re: Flickr vs. YouTube User Manners Disparity
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jan 2009, 08:49 pm »
If not Flickr, where else would you post your pics at?  I post mine on Facebook, but not everyone is on Facebook.  And, it is blocked at work. 

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #21 on: 6 Jan 2009, 09:30 pm »
Or is it fine-TOOTHED comb?

Interesting, isn't it, how short our collective attention spans are.  These threads blast off in another direction, not unlike a speeding bullet deflected by a blade of grass. 

I kinda like that characteristic of AC threads; a little like brain-damaged people who reportedly wake up in a new world avery day.  You just never know where a thread will take you.   :D

viggen

« Reply #22 on: 6 Jan 2009, 10:19 pm »
Why is it called fine-TOOTHED instead of fine-TEETHED? 

My English professor in College told me semicolons (or the over abundance use of them) give her an orgasm. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #23 on: 6 Jan 2009, 10:37 pm »
Why do we say, "A pair of pants"............
But we don't say, "A pair of bra's".
Anybody know?

My apologies if my use of the apostrophe was incorrect.  :oops:

By the way, I use Photobucket. There's absolutely no B.S. there.
No flikr, no Facebook, etc...
I do find YouTube to have an inordinate amount of childish comments (worse than mine). It seems to be the same level of intelligence as the XBox360 forum, which is why I posted a total of twice after the snot-nosed, pre-pubesant little punks pissed me off. You can't even ask a question without being blasted. One member suggested my membership be revoked after asking a question about the inputs on the front of the machine.  :finger:
Seemed like it was more effort for him to blast me than it would have been to just answer my question.

Bob

Edit; AudioCircle's spellchecker didn't like the apostrophe in the word "pant's", so I removed it.
However, it did like it the "bra's".  :scratch:
What gives?

thunderbrick

• Facilitator
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #24 on: 6 Jan 2009, 11:13 pm »
It gives support, mostly.  You know, "lifts and supports".
 :lol:

nathanm

« Reply #25 on: 6 Jan 2009, 11:28 pm »
If a gal wanted whole lotta support she could probably wear a pair of bras!  I don't know for sure Bob, I think those weird plural\non-plural inconsistencies just kind of happen.  You could try and reverse the trend and maybe it will catch on. 

"Where is my blue pant?" 

"Melvin wore his new Victoria's Secret pink bras under his normal clothes to the audio meeting."

There's probably an answer here.  Subscribe to the Grammar Girl Podcast:
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/Subscribe.aspx

It's good stuff, short and sweet.  You'll learn something for sure.

viggen

« Reply #26 on: 7 Jan 2009, 12:35 am »
I think in each case there's a pair of something involved hence the plural form.  For example, eye glasses are used in front of a pair of eyes.  And, it is differentiated from eye glass which might be a monocle?

I think google has an album page called picasa or something.  Haven't checked it out yet tho.