Help I'm Married!!

mkaiser

Re: Help I'm Married!!
« Reply #60 on: 24 Feb 2009, 07:33 pm »
It feels great to be single after reading through this topic. Glad I am.  :thumb:

Moon Doggy

« Reply #61 on: 24 Feb 2009, 09:57 pm »
It feels great to be single after reading through this topic. Glad I am.  :thumb:
My exact thoughts! My sympathies to those married. All I can say is my ex disliked my 2 channel setup and my present girlfriend thinks its the best. Analysis? When you are romancing the gear is a charm... so stay single.  :)

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #62 on: 24 Feb 2009, 11:10 pm »

...who wants to stay alone forever?

al.

ashtarul

« Reply #63 on: 25 Feb 2009, 04:07 am »
Thanks for sharing your ideas guys. The question I asked was a genuine one, but at the same time it was an attempt at humour. In these trying economic times, I guess a little humour wouldn't hurt anyone. Some guys got it, while others didn't. Oh well. :|

Anyway here's another one I just thought of. Pull out the interconnect cable and act disappointed/surprised that no sound is coming out from the speakers, eventhough everything is powered up.

Ash.

mkaiser

« Reply #64 on: 25 Feb 2009, 05:41 pm »

Exactly Moon Doggy, the best of both worlds - your woman and your rig.   8)

Alexone, iam never alone as i always have a woman - there are sooo many out there. If iam alone it is because i need to be and have that luxury.  :wink:

Ashtarul, i got the humor in this topic and may i say there is some great tactics and motives that married guys have to go through but at the cost of second guessing and frustration. Being single, you do not have any issues at all especially for stereo hobbies - I just buy the amp, cdp etc. etc. and as you say "some guys got it and some others well....."

Anyways, this is all in good taste and iam sure when i meet the girl that blows my mind, i'll not hesitate to get hitch.   aa

dannyp

« Reply #65 on: 25 Feb 2009, 10:12 pm »
Tough one.
I believe women and audio equipment don't go together well. :duh:
Even though my wife has golden ears and she can even detect a change in speaker placement or cables she still won't join me in this hobby. It's a shame. She could help me set up the living room quite well with that talent.  aa
My new strategy is keep them in the dark until the deal is complete. Too many upgrades have been lost due to fear.  :o
This time I'll take her out for supper and bring her home to meet the new family member (pre-amp) after it arrives.
The first introduction is the most important.

The first time you introduce your girlfriend to audio equipment should be the deciding factor on whether or not the relationship will work out. My girlfriend (now wife) was shocked when she saw my Mirage speakers, sub and Yamaha receiver etc. set up in our living room for the first time. Her comment "you must be kidding" was over setting up a room around the stereo.
I thought it was over a lowly Yamaha receiver. :lol:
Don't laugh. That was back when I would drool over the Bryston gear. Now I own it.  aa

An observation I have made over time is it appears to be OK to upgrade if it involves selling off multiple pieces to do so.
And one last piece of advice......... DON'T EVER SAY  "Once I buy this I'm done upgrading".   :duh:

boead

« Reply #66 on: 25 Feb 2009, 10:26 pm »
Married guys will know what I'm on about.

When the 'upgrade' bug bites, how do you justify/convince your other half that your perfectly working hifi needs upgrading.....again?

All comments/suggestions whether real or made-up are welcomed as I've ran out of excuses.

Ash

Divorce!  :D

Speedball

« Reply #67 on: 25 Feb 2009, 11:06 pm »
Be honest, but don't tell all the truth.  :wink:

I love this!

Really since I usually buy used to save some green I talk a LOT about how much the new value of an object is then keep reminding her what a good bargain it is. It worked pretty well for the latest tube Preamp anyway... aa