Any Lenco users or other idler/direct-drive?

JDK1

Re: Any Lenco users or other idler/direct-drive?
« Reply #20 on: 30 Dec 2008, 07:19 pm »
Hi Mariusz and all:
Thanks for the updates - I sent a PM to AZGary and I'll follow up with one to Sander...There have been new thoughts on the Lenco Lovers Forum (including regrinding options) that may be viable, but it is still evidently an issue. Also, from what I can read, nearly all the models of Lenco (not just L75) had the same basic motor (differences in platters (heavy/light) and other constructions), so finding other "cheap donor" models for parts may be an opportunity for some (at the risk of cannibalizing the remaining models)...
Best holiday wishes,
Jonathan

doctorcilantro

« Reply #21 on: 12 May 2014, 05:16 am »
Anyone have a spare 60hz Lenco motor to sell? Preferably one that has been serviced?

thanks!

Stercom

« Reply #22 on: 15 May 2014, 12:53 am »
Just wondering how many AC members own idlers or direct drive turntabels?
I for one own Lenco L-75 idler.
Arm used with this TT is SME 3009 II Imp.
Cart at the moment is AT Eroica but would like to try Shure V15 or Dynavector 17d3 on the Rega or Origin Live arm.
Please share your experiences if you can.
Thanks
Mariusz
Hi, been using a Lenco 75 with a Jenco 750D arm, Zu Audio 103 in a Steve Dobbins plinth for a few years now. I've owned a couple of different Garrard 301. I preferred the Garrards but the Lenco is in the same vicinity, which is to say its very, very good when properly restored and setup.