From the Isabellina to the Isabella

wilsynet

Re: From the Isabellina to the Isabella
« Reply #20 on: 19 Jan 2009, 07:25 am »
Yup, they're the same, gold-pin Siemens E188CCs.

Highly resolved, but utterly smooth, relaxed and non-fatiguing.  A liquid mid-range and holographic presentation with lots of texture and body, bass punch and transparency.  In short, it does everything very well, and there's that clarity that you get from the total absence of noise.

I have to confess that I've never so blissfully enjoyed a system more than right now; the Isabella really takes things up a few notches.

low.pfile

« Reply #21 on: 19 Jan 2009, 07:58 am »
....With some patience and extra pocket change for NOS tubes....

how much pocket change we talking about here?

Yup, they're the same, gold-pin Siemens E188CCs.

Highly resolved, but utterly smooth, relaxed and non-fatiguing.  A liquid mid-range and holographic presentation with lots of texture and body, bass punch and transparency.  In short, it does everything very well, and there's that clarity that you get from the total absence of noise.

I have to confess that I've never so blissfully enjoyed a system more than right now; the Isabella really takes things up a few notches.

I can't wait to hear this! will contact you soon Wilson.

Ed

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #22 on: 19 Jan 2009, 08:58 pm »
Hi Ed,

A pair of NOS tubes for the Isabella can range from under $100 to around $500 (if you go with very rare tubes like Amperex pinched-waist, Siemens CCa, etc.).

If you do a search in Audiogon or eBay for "6922" or "7308", you'll find many NOS tubes for sale and the prices will vary...  :rules:

Hi Wilson,

Thanks for all your posts, and I'm glad you hit "the sweet spot"  :thumb:

Best regards,

Vinnie