Bryston @ CES

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Bryston @ CES
« on: 21 Dec 2008, 02:07 am »
James, you will be in these rooms, correct?

Venetian Bassano-2601, 2603, 2605  8)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Bryston @ CES
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2008, 02:46 am »
Demos from THIEL at the
2009 Consumer Electronics Show

The CS2.4SE will be featured in our demo room at CES.

The THIEL exhibit, in the Bassano Room 2601 at the Sands/Venetian, will feature not one, but two demonstrations for CES attendees to experience. Once again, THIEL will partner with Bryston Electronics, and this year welcomes a new partner, Wireworld, to round out the exhibit room.

In one demo room, THIEL is playing one of only 150 pairs of CS2.4SEs augmented by a pair of SS2 SmartSubs perfectly integrated by our custom PXO5 passive crossovers. Amplification is thanks to a pair of 600 watt Bryston 7BSST monoblock amplifiers. These are in turn fed by Bryston's top-of-the-line BP26 preamp. The source is a media server library of lossless audio files sent digitally to Bryston's new digital-to-analog converter, the BDA-1. All power, speaker, and interconnect cables are premium models from WireWorld. Power conditioning is courtesy of Torus.

vegasdave

« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2008, 04:51 am »
Cool, James. What are the other systems, please...:)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2008, 12:34 pm »
Cool, James. What are the other systems, please...:)

Static Display room and Meeting room plus demo room of a system called Zoet by Thiel which is a wireless surround system I believe.

james
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2008, 02:53 pm by James Tanner »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2008, 12:42 pm »
Bryston Powers Magnepan “Mystery Speaker” at T.H.E. Show During CES 2009

Peterborough, Ontario January, 2009 — Bryston has announced that the company’s newest products will be featured in the Magnepan, Inc. demo room at T.H.E. Show, being held at the Alexis Park Hotel’s Executive Boardroom. The exhibit will be open from January 8-11, 2009. Thursday-Saturday hours are from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.

The concept behind this year’s exhibit is to promote the “Magnepan Mystery Speaker,” featuring a new product offering from Magnepan. Powering the system will be Bryston’s brand new “Squared Series” flagship mono amplifiers, the 28B SST², as well as Bryston’s award-winning BCD-1 CD player and BP26 preamplifier. All AC power conditioning will be handled using a Torus Power RM-20.

vegasdave

« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2008, 11:02 pm »
Cool, James. I look forward to visiting your room and meeting you again.

Ron D

« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2008, 03:01 pm »
James - without giving away too much info can you advise as to where this new Maggie falls within their line-up? Will it be the new flagship displacing the 20.1 or fall between the 20.1 and its little brother the 3.6?

TIA
Ron

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2008, 03:47 pm »
James - without giving away too much info can you advise as to where this new Maggie falls within their line-up? Will it be the new flagship displacing the 20.1 or fall between the 20.1 and its little brother the 3.6?

TIA
Ron

Hi Ron,

So far it is the best kept secret in audio - they will not tell me other than they want 28B's to power them.

james

vegasdave

« Reply #8 on: 23 Dec 2008, 07:08 am »
Hey James, I'm bringing a very special guest with me...a very famous mastering engineer.