News, Updates, and Holiday Wishes from Red Wine Audio

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
All,

I want to take this time to post some news and updates:

Upcoming Shows

We'll be exhibiting at the CES show in Vegas with WLM Loudspeakers - Venetian Tower room 29-318.  I hope to see many of
you there!  :) This show is from January 8th through the 11th: http://www.cesweb.org/

We'll have the Isabella (with Isabellina dac), RWA phonostage, Signature 70.2 monoblocks, WLM La Scalas, and hopefully the soon-to-be-released WLM Sonata EL-34 tube amplifier!

Upcoming Reviews

- 6moons is working on a RWA + WLM full-system review.  This will consist of the RWA Isabella + 30.2 + WLM La Scalas (floorstanders).  We'll hopefully see this by the end of this year. 

- Marc Philips of Tone Audio is working on a review of the WLM La Scala Monitors.  He will be borrowing Jeff Dorgay's Isabella/30.2 combo and will also be using other preamps and amps.  This is scheduled to be in the February 2009 issue

- Later this month, we are submitting the Isabellina dac to Dave Clark of Positive Feedback Online!

- Later in January, we'll be submitting a pair of WLM La Scala Monitors to David Abramson of Stereo Times!

- More reviews to follow...

Red Wine Audio Phonostage

We were hoping to have this completed and in production by the end of this year, but we are still fine-tuning the design.  This should be in production 1st quarter 2009, and like the Isabella, it will be well-worth the wait!  aa

Red Wine Audio / ALO Headphone amp

As mentioned on this forum earlier, we are working with Ken Ball of ALO Audio on a really nice desktop headphone amplifier.  It will feature the Isabella headphone output stage board, battery power, preamp output, two inputs, hi/low gain, optional iPod/iMod dock, premium components, CNC machined from gorgeous solid wood, and more!  This should be in production 1st quarter 2009 and will be a real dream to high-end headphone lovers!  8)

Is it December already?!

Well, its seems like 2008 just flew right by and I still cannot believe the year is almost over!  :duh:  It has been a great year and we're really looking forward to 2009! 

I want to thank everyone who has posted on the RWA forum this year and many thanks to all our customers for their continued interest and support of Red Wine Audio - this means more to us than you know and we really appreciate it and love to give you our best!

I also want to wish you all a very Happy and Healthy Holiday Season and all the best in 2009!  :beer:  :wine:  :banana piano:
Have fun, enjoy time with your family and friends, and Happy Listening, always!

Vinnie

TONEPUB

Re: News, Updates, and Holiday Wishes from Red Wine Audio
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2008, 10:14 pm »
can't wait!  See you in Vegas...

nonoise

• A republic, if you can keep it.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2008, 11:26 pm »
Happy Holidays to you and yours Vinnie and to all here! 
:beer: :xmas: :banana piano: :hyper:
Having your gear makes it all the more enjoyable.

nonoise

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2008, 01:17 am »
Back at you Vinnie........Happy Holidays and another, fruitful New Year for RWA and its staff. 
Thank You for great service, products and support. :bowdown:

Salute ,
Mariusz   

jrebman

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2008, 03:07 pm »
Vinnie,

Linda and I wish you, Jen, and Isabella a merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy, safe, and prosperous New Year!

We enjoyed finally meeting you in Denver, and we wish you continued success with RWA!

Take Care,

Jim

Sigfreed

« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2008, 04:51 am »
Happy Holidays Vinnie and everyone here on Audiocircle  :)

Haven't posted in quite awhile but i am still loving my Sig 30. Still trying to pull the plug on the upgrade when i get the money together!

Keep up the good work Vinnie and thank you so much!

Good Cheer Everyone!

krmathis

« Reply #6 on: 23 Dec 2008, 05:20 pm »
Merry Christmas everbody!
With a special greeting to Vinnie, for designing/building all these great products...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 24 Dec 2008, 04:19 am »
Thanks, everyone!  :xmas: :wine:

All the best,

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2008, 03:31 pm »
6moons RWA + WLM La Scala review has been posted:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/systemreview1/system.html

I thought this was a really good review, except for the comments on the RWA cabling  :duh:

I'm not sure why the RWA cables didn't gel for Srajan :scratch: - I'm not sure if they have been
sitting around for a long time and needed some burned-in.  These are the exact cables that I use with the RWA + WLM combo and what we use at the shows.  I spend a lot of time listening to various cables and found these to really sing with the RWA gear, so I was of course a little disappointed to read that Srajan did not enjoy them - but I am still very thankful for the system review (which was really good otherwise!) and appreicate Srajan's feedback and honesty.

Hannes of WLM will be joining us at CES, and I asked him to bring cabling that he really likes and we'll do some comparisons...

I found the conclusion of the review hits the nail on the head:

Quote from: Srajan Ebaen of 6moons
To wrap, the RWA + WLM collaboration is a like meets like rather than opposites attract and complement each other thing. Whether you start with the electronics or speakers, you're pretty much guaranteed more of what attracted you in the first place when you make the next move...

Many readers can't piecemeal a system with personal auditions. They need a solid recommendation for a turnkey solution. They don't want all-in-one jukebox deals or one-brand offerings where either the electronics or the speakers would be the weaker link. For such shoppers whose priorities overlap with the above sonic sketch, today's system is a very solid, warm and feisty recommendation.

This is what the full system solution is all about!

Happy New Year - and hope to see many of you at CES next week!

Vinnie

-Richard-

« Reply #9 on: 1 Jan 2009, 02:01 am »
Hi Vinnie ~

Deborah and I would like to wish you, Jen and Isabella the Greatest Happiness possible for the coming New Year.

We are enjoying the Signature 70.2 as I write this... the music flowing into our living space fully alive and as dynamic as the real thing... truly a pleasure to listen to.

With Warmest Regards Always ~ Richard

Mariusz

« Reply #10 on: 1 Jan 2009, 07:38 am »
Happy New Year for the whole family and entire RWA team.
We had a blast dancing and parting to RWA tunes all night long.
For the first time my wife's cousin made it all the way to midnight and then some.
He is also an audiophile and seemed to me that he really enjoy himself this year.
I believe the Isabella and new SD speakers had something to do with that.

Mariusz

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #11 on: 5 Jan 2009, 03:38 pm »
Thanks, guys!

Off to VEGAS tomorrow morning for CES  aa.  Will be back to work on January 14th.

I'll have limited email access, so please bare with me.  I will try my best to respond to all your posts and emails
as soon as I can.

Cheers!

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 14 Jan 2009, 03:25 am »
duplicate post

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 14 Jan 2009, 03:26 am »
All,

Back from the CES show and trying my best to catch up with emails, phone calls, and of course the RWA forum!  :hyper:

I was very impressed with the sound in our room at the Venetian - this was easily the best sounding room that I exhibited in to date (in terms of both the equipment and the room acoustics). We had the Isabella/Isabellina combo  feeding the new WLM Sonata EL-34 amplifier which sounded amazing!  WLM La Scala speakers were perfect for this room and everything came together very well.  I'll be posting more about this soon enough, and hopefully I'll be able to post a few pictures soon as well.

This was the first CES show that I attended and everyone was telling me that it was a lot slower this year (as expected due to the lovely economy) than previous years.  The rooms never seemed "packed" with people, but there were still people coming in and it was nice to meet some new faces - from all over the world! 

The Adult Entertainment Expo (AEE) was also taking place at the Venetian (or was it at the Sands?) at the same time.... I wonder how their traffic was?   :wink:  Now if they decided to mix the high-end audio portion of CES with the AEE, that would have been interesting!  :green:

The weather in Vegas was nice (50s, dry and sunny), and it was sad to come back to the airport in Hartford and have to clean off all the ice and snow from my car.  :shake: - but it is nice to be home with my family again!

Best regards,

Vinnie

Mariusz

« Reply #14 on: 14 Jan 2009, 03:41 am »
Glad to hear that you had a blast at the CES.
I hope it was a good experience.

We tried to find some RWA room pics but failed............when you get some rest and strength please post some for the RWA fans.....if you can.

Welcom back Vinnie  :thumb:

Mariusz

cryoparts

« Reply #15 on: 14 Jan 2009, 03:43 am »
Here are a couple I took:

Great to meet you Vinnie!

Peace,

Lee

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #16 on: 14 Jan 2009, 05:01 pm »
Hi Lee,

Nice to meet you, and thanks for visiting us and posting.

All,

Hannes and Martin of WLM had some nice cameras (much better than my iPhone!) and took some pictures, so as soon
as they send me some, I'll post.  The pictures I took with my iPhone are too dark  :duh:

Vinnie

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #17 on: 14 Jan 2009, 10:58 pm »
All,

Dave and Carol Clark of Positive-Feedback Online posted some pictures:
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue41/ces1.htm

Quote from: Positive-Feedback Online
This room offered a nice warm ...musical sound. Very nice.

A special thanks to Dave and Carol for visiting our room at CES!  An Isabellina dac will be shipped to Dave Clark this
week for review  :D

-Vinnie

stevenkelby

• Adelaide, South Australia
« Reply #18 on: 16 Jan 2009, 08:55 am »
I'm finally back home!

I heard most of the rooms at the Venetian, and the only ones that competed with the RWA/WLM room had gear costing at least triple your room Vinnie. Many rooms with more than triple the cost of parts didn't sound as good. VERY impressive!

It was great to meet you and Anthony there and have a chat, thanks and hope to see you again next year!

Steve.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #19 on: 19 Jan 2009, 04:03 am »

Hey Steve,

Welcome back home, and thanks for visiting our room at CES.  It was a pleasure to meet you - finally! 

I heard most of the rooms at the Venetian, and the only ones that competed with the RWA/WLM room had gear costing at least triple your room Vinnie. Many rooms with more than triple the cost of parts didn't sound as good. VERY impressive!

Wow - thanks for the kind words, and I'm really glad you visited and enjoyed it! 

All the best,

Vinnie