Another newbie joins in the fun...

Chickenism

Another newbie joins in the fun...
« on: 7 Dec 2008, 02:59 am »
Hi all,

Dave here, from Australia  :thumb:

I decided to join in around here having just purchased a Sig 30 from Bevan (known as dewar around here).  I can't wait for it's arrival, hopefully later this coming week.

There's a friendly Australian hifi forum that Bevan and I both contribute to (http://www.stereo.net.au) which is where I became aware of this amp's availability.

Going against my usual M.O., I bought it unheard and unseen; but Srajan's review on 6moons and the very positive reports here and elsewhere of this amp in partnership with my Zu Druid MkIV's convinced me I wasn't going to go too far wrong  8)  Source is a Consonance CD120 Linear CDP; cables are VDH and Zu.   

Unfortunately the Aussie $ has taken a big dive over recent months, otherwise it would be straight over for an upgrade...I guess that gives it (and me!) a chance to settle in before any further changes.

Anyway, hope to learn and contribute further.  Happy to post impressions when the amp arrives, for those who may be interested.

Cheers for now, Dave  :)

Mariusz

Re: Another newbie joins in the fun...
« Reply #1 on: 7 Dec 2008, 04:32 am »
Having some experience with all of your components as well as soon to arrive Sig.30.2 RWA (integrated I assume),
I predict great results.  :thumb:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2008, 02:22 am »
Hi all,

Dave here, from Australia  :thumb:

I decided to join in around here having just purchased a Sig 30 from Bevan (known as dewar around here).  I can't wait for it's arrival, hopefully later this coming week.

There's a friendly Australian hifi forum that Bevan and I both contribute to (http://www.stereo.net.au) which is where I became aware of this amp's availability.

Going against my usual M.O., I bought it unheard and unseen; but Srajan's review on 6moons and the very positive reports here and elsewhere of this amp in partnership with my Zu Druid MkIV's convinced me I wasn't going to go too far wrong  8)  Source is a Consonance CD120 Linear CDP; cables are VDH and Zu.   

Unfortunately the Aussie $ has taken a big dive over recent months, otherwise it would be straight over for an upgrade...I guess that gives it (and me!) a chance to settle in before any further changes.

Anyway, hope to learn and contribute further.  Happy to post impressions when the amp arrives, for those who may be interested.

Cheers for now, Dave  :)

Hi Dave,

Welcome to Audiocircle and the RWA forum!

Yes - lots of very happy RWA customers with Zu's... welcome to the club!  :thumb:

This is a good point - get familiar with the sound and you'll appreciate the upgrades even more later!  8)

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Vinnie

Chickenism

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2008, 02:51 am »
Thanks mariusz and Vinnie for the welcome  :D

Eagerly awaiting the sound of the postman knocking on the door.  The amp stand has been cleared and dusted...

I also have a VDH The Orchid interconnect on the way; currently using a Harm Tech Pro-Silway III+, so it will be interesting to see which works better with the amp.

It has a choice of isolation as well; Vibrapods or Nordost Pulsar Points.

Fun times ahead!

Cheers, Dave  :)

Chickenism

« Reply #4 on: 16 Dec 2008, 02:24 am »
Well, it arrived safely Friday last.  :)

Hooked it up to my Zu's using Zu Libtec cable, and to my Consonance CDP using a Harmonic Technology Pro-Silway III+.  Sat it on some Vibrapods and off we went...

First CD, Brubeck's Take Five.  Sat through the whole thing mezmerised; couldn't bear to get up for fear of missing a new detail, or the sheer freshness of this very familiar recording.

Then John Lee Hooker's Lucky Guy, then the soundtrack to Almost Famous...and so it went until 2 a.m.

This little amp is just wonderful.  With the Zu's it sounds so synergistic and, well, 'right.'  Incredibly detailed, and oh-so-musical and involving.  And tonally it seems more extended top and bottom than the valves I'd been using previously. 

And need I preach to the converted on here about the Sig 30's midrange magic?  :drool:

I'm one extremely happy camper right now.  Vinnie, congratulations on producing such a fine-sounding amp.  It's all I expected, and more besides.

Cheers, Dave  :)

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2008, 02:21 am »
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post!  Glad to hear you are enjoying your RWA Sig 30! 

Welcome to the party!  8)

Vinnie