Today Only! Omega Revolutions w/ 8" Alnico + (1) Deep Hemp Sub $2250 + shipping

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Today is a bittersweet day, as I have decided to sell my Omega loudspeaker setup. 

This setup has brought me a ton of joy and is in outstanding condition, I just simply have too much gear and need to start selling some of it off.

This setup includes the following:

(1) pair of Omega Revolution speakers (brass screws installed) with the upgraded Alnico 8" Hemp drivers in a two-tone Maple and Italian Red Gloss finish
(1) pair of Omega Revolution platforms in black
(1) Omega Deep Hemp sub in a matching and beautiful Maple finish

I am the original owner of the subs and I bought the Revolutions from a very well respected AC member back in May of 2007.  I have all of the original boxes and packing materials.

The Revolutions are 31" tall 15" wide and 10 1/2 "deep and will play into the mid to low 40Hz range depending on how they are setup.  They are an 8 ohm load and 93db sensitive.  This means you can use lower powered amps to drive the Revolutions to very loud and dynamics levels.

The Revolution platforms are 17"wide by 8"tall by12 1/2" deep and take about 70-80 lbs of sand to fill fully (if you choose to fill them).

I will very conservatively rate everything an 8/10 just to be safe.

All told this setup retails for over $5700 if purchased new.  I am asking $3650 + actual shipping costs.  Each speaker and sub comes in its own box, while the stands (not filled of course) share a box.  All told, that means that if you buy the setup, you will receive a total of 5 boxes.

The beauty of this system or setup is that you get the magic of a single driver speaker with bass into the mid 20Hz range.

Here is a picture showing the entire setup:

The person in the picture is a fellow AC member (satfrat) and you can read his comments here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=62157.0

Here is another picture:

I prefer to sell the entire setup together to one person, but if it doesn't sell within a reasonable time, I will consider selling the Deep Hemp Subs separately.

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM and I will answer them.

Thanks,

George

« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2009, 11:02 pm by zybar »

zybar

• Volunteer
Sunday morning bump.

zybar

• Volunteer
Monday madness!!

:o :o :o

George

jackman

Monday madness!!

:o :o :o

George

I wish I lived closer, would love to hear those speakers.  Your system looks great and I wish you the best of luck with the sale.

J

TomS

These would look (and sound) great next to someone's stocking  aa

zybar

• Volunteer
Thanks for the comments guys.   :thumb:

Ok, let's get this setup to a new home.

George

evan1

Hey did Robyn at least bring you Maple pie ?

zybar

• Volunteer
Hey did Robyn at least bring you Maple pie ?

Nah...

zybar

• Volunteer
Sunday bump.

jrebman

George,

Good luck with the sale.  I can only imagine that with the alnicos and subs this is one hell of a nice setup.  Wish I had the chance to hear the alnicos in these.

And for any prospective buyers, I got lots and lots of compliments on the two tone maple/Italian red gloss finish -- definitely a plus in the WAF factor.

-- Jim

zybar

• Volunteer
Ok, let's get some offers going!

George

zybar

• Volunteer
PRICE REDUCTION TO $3500 + shipping!

zybar

• Volunteer
Snowy Sunday bump.

zybar

• Volunteer
Makes a great gift for somebody who didn't get what they wanted on Christmas!

Big Red Machine

Am I overqualified cuz I didn't get anything for Christmas? :bawl:

zybar

• Volunteer
Am I overqualified cuz I didn't get anything for Christmas? :bawl:

Nope, I'll still let you take advantage of the Christmas spirit.   :wink:

finsup

How far out into the room do you have them set up?  I see that Robin mentioned he was 3 - 4 feet away from them when listening?  How far away do you normally sit when listening.  Also, would you please provide your room dimensions?

Thanks.

zybar

• Volunteer
How far out into the room do you have them set up?  I see that Robin mentioned he was 3 - 4 feet away from them when listening?  How far away do you normally sit when listening.  Also, would you please provide your room dimensions?

Thanks.

I normally listen a good 9-12' away from the speakers.

The speakers can be anywhere from 2-8' away from the front wall depending on your room and tastes.  I generally pull the Revolutions far out into the room so that I can get a very deep sound stage.  Since I used a pair of Deep Hemp subs, I didn't have to worry about losing a few Hz by moving them far into the room.

I have found the speakers to sound very good when listening to them in the near field AND when listening to them in a more traditional manner.  In this regard, I find the speakers very flexible and accommodating to a wide variety of room placements.

My room dimensions:

29'3" x 13'9"/17'6" (first 15'3 of room/second half 14')) x 8'.

The front left of the room opens up into a two story foyer.  There is also an opening to the left of my listening chair into the kitchen.

George

finsup

Thank you George.  Your room is about 9' longer than my room. I can't pull the speakers out that far into the room.  Thanks for the info, though.  You really get to hear a lot of interesting, sometimes, very great gear.

--Michael

zybar

• Volunteer
Thank you George.  Your room is about 9' longer than my room. I can't pull the speakers out that far into the room.  Thanks for the info, though.  You really get to hear a lot of interesting, sometimes, very great gear.

--Michael

Michael,

Just to be clear, in no way do you need to pull them that far into the room for the speakers to work well.  In fact, I believe most other Omega owners tend to setup the speakers much closer to the front wall than I do.  All you really need is 18-24" of space from the front wall as per Louis.

Regards,

George