B100sst and speakers plus other ???'s

Jeffr1966

B100sst and speakers plus other ???'s
« on: 6 Dec 2008, 12:52 pm »
I posted this in another thread and now realize that no one is probably going to read/respond to it there so I am moving it to its own place

a couple questions ... can people list some of the speakers they are using with the 100sst??

I am considering the purchase of either PMC FB1i's or Gemme Tantos but am curious what others may recommend.  currently I am using a pair of Rega Juras which are quite nice but I am sure I am missing some of what the Bryston can do

also any plans to release a cd or cd/dvd transport which matches the integrated?? would seem logical for those who purchased this unit with DAC

lastly, will a USB DAC card ever be made available for the 100sst???  I see the stand alone DAC has that capability ... would be nice to see this trickle down to the integrated as well

thanks in advance!

Jeff

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: B100sst and speakers plus other ???'s
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2008, 01:11 pm »
HI Jeff,

The B100 is used with a lot of different speakers so I will let others answer that part for you.

We were looking at doing just a CD transport drive but have put that on hold for the time being. The USB part would mean a bit of a redsign for the B100 but it is a good thought.

The world seems to be moving towards the need for multiple input hi-res digital DACs if the success of our BDA-1 External DAC is any indication so I think internal single connection DAC's will become less and less required.

james

john1970

« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2008, 02:55 pm »
HI Jeff,

The B100 is used with a lot of different speakers so I will let others answer that part for you.

We were looking at doing just a CD transport drive but have put that on hold for the time being. The USB part would mean a bit of a redsign for the B100 but it is a good thought.

The world seems to be moving towards the need for multiple input hi-res digital DACs if the success of our BDA-1 External DAC is any indication so I think internal single connection DAC's will become less and less required.

james

James,

I have to agree with you on the demand for multiple input hi-res DACs.  I connect my BDA-1 to both my DVD and CD player and am very pleased with the results from both.  I also like having the USB input so if in the future I decide to go to a computer based system I have that option. 

Cheers,

John

niels

« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2008, 11:49 pm »
I have used Martin Logan Aeon I speakers for two years with the B100 DA.

mpaulsen

« Reply #4 on: 11 Dec 2008, 05:00 am »
I use my B100 with Salk Veracity HT1. I feed my computer's optical out in to the B100’s DAC; it makes for a VERY neutral system.