Retire the 3205

Bella Extreme 3205 MK III -- Any Interest? - POLL

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Bella Extreme 3205 MK III -- Any Interest? - POLL
« on: 22 Nov 2008, 09:30 pm »
With the Purity product line in full swing right now, we have been receiving numerous inquiries for a product between the original 3205 and Purity price point. (The Purity amplifier will be substancially more $$)

Depending on how production demands go for the Purity line, I have been considering offering a Bella Extreme 3205 MKIII amplifier. This would be a straight power amp with the option of a volume control. No integrated units.

With several hundred 3205 ampliiers currently in use and the several years of success, glowing reviews and customer feedback it has seen, the new MK III would be a few steps above.

The circuit would be [based] on our original BE 3205 with some enhancements including point-to-point wiring and dedicated transformers (not the same as used in the Purity line) but much better than what was used in the orginal 3205 even.

The chassis would be solid hardwood with an aluminum top and bottom plate. The more exotic hardwood veneers would also be used on the chassis as an option.

Price point is not yet determined but looking at somewhere around $3,400 but would do special AC pricing on a pre-order basis. This would be built to order on a custom basis only.

So let me know your thoughts. It only takes a simple mouse click :green:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Bella Extreme 3205 MK III -- Any Interest? - POLL
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2008, 12:53 am »
C'mom guys. Just need a bit more feedback. Even if you already own one of the original 3205 MK I or MK II amplifiers, I would still like to hear your thoughts.

pbrstreetgang

« Reply #2 on: 24 Nov 2008, 03:34 am »
Awesome, awesome IDEA! I was scratching my head about the riddance of the 3205 line as it presented such a huge value to performance factor. Its the single reason I havent moved up as it would cost multiples of what the 3205 costs and performs at. I would be careful with pricing and try to offer the lowest price possible relying on volume. Of course thats your call. What are you thinking for the front end input and driver tubes? Any chance for a different design (6922/Russian6n1p/6sn7)?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2008, 04:09 am »
Good evening PBR,
 While pricing is not yet set, the new MK III will cost more to build with the new transformers, power supply and chassis.

I have considered using a decent metal chassis (maybe a Hammond or similar) as the core with the hardwood chassis built around it. This would allow the option of a metal top plate or a solid hardwood top plate.

I am not changing the input tubes on the MK III but it will be an enhanced version of the MK II 12AU7 circuit. I will even still build the MK I 12AX7 version for those who request it. I have also received a few inquiries for a integrated unit which I would also consider if the demand was high enough.

The biasing will be similar but a bit easier and quicker. If enough inquiries come in, I will probably do a small special "pre-order" run where I will be able to offer them at <$3,000. I am working on a webpage and will start taking pre-paid orders within the next two weeks.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 25 Nov 2008, 09:28 pm »
 I have received a few emails in regard to this thread and wanted to let interested parties know I am going forward with the introduction of the BE 3205 MK III amplifier. However, we are having the chassis custom designed and manufactured for us. I am still going to keep the price in the $3,400-$3,500 range.

The new 3205 will have a new appearance, be classy yet unique. I will post updates as they present themselves.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2009, 01:26 am »
Wanted to follow up on the 3205 MKIII. This product is stilll on the boards and hope to debut it late spring or early summer. We have been working on the layout and other details. I think you will really like what is in the works aa

By the way, any interest in an intregrated version with a built in phono stage?

EARGASM

• No thanks.
« Reply #6 on: 14 Mar 2009, 08:23 pm »
Removed by member.
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2009, 03:56 pm by EARGASM »

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2009, 02:35 am »
I'd say only if you get yourself an arrogant designer to make it look oh so fine!

I'll look around and see if I can find one :lol: