Thanksgiving surprises?

jimdgoulding

Thanksgiving surprises?
« on: 17 Nov 2008, 09:42 pm »
Nicked a recipe for a pumpkin bisque with grilled scallops from a mag at the dentist's office.  Gonna take a pot (my entree) to my brother in laws for TDay dinner (unless it sucks).  Great crab cakes at DiNardo's House of Crab in Philly.  Another topic, maybe.  Just happened to be there in November last year.

Brown

Re: Thanksgiving surprises?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2008, 11:56 pm »
Nicked a recipe for a pumpkin bisque with grilled scallops from a mag at the dentist's office.  Gonna take a pot (my entree) to my brother in laws for TDay dinner (unless it sucks).  Great crab cakes at DiNardo's House of Crab in Philly.  Another topic, maybe.  Just happened to be there in November last year.

Did I hear crabcakes ? The ultimate crabcakes are easy to make.

Ingredients: 1lb lump crab of your choice
                two tbs minced onion
                two tbs minced celery
                pinch old bay
                two tbs mayo
                two egg whites
                one to two tbs plain bread crumbs
                S&P to taste [hot sauce optional, be carefull as hot sauce will overpower the crab taste]
OK now saute the onion and celery in some nice butter set aside and cool. Once cooled combine all ingredients and make some cakes. Dust with flower and put in frig to set up for an hour. Heat up a cast iron pan until med hot. Add butter and oil [ equal parts ] to pan and fry cakes until crisp and repeat. 
  Make the sauce of your choice and grab a cold one. Enjoy!