TEMPEST univ remote control

arthur

« on: 21 Nov 2003, 02:56 am »
i've been trying to program my Scientific Atlanta AllTouch 2000 Remote to control the Tempest, but so far i've been unsuccessful.
Since Claus is such a nice guy, naturally i called him first, but he didn't know with which component it coinsides so that i can find the code. All he could tell me is that the remote mechanism is made by Phillips. I tried all of the Phillips codes that came with the remote but none of them worked (unless i wasn't programming it correctly).

Have any of you had any luck? Do any of you know with which component does the Tempest share a code?

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2003, 04:16 pm »
I was thinking in such a way like that to operate the Tempest but I have not had the tima and patience to try all codes, I have a Theater Master SL-9000 and a One For All Audio Zapper so I'll try to test it today.

Knowing it is Philips helps ...

arthur

code
« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2003, 07:15 pm »
if you figure out which code it is, please check which component that code is supposed to control and let us know. i would realy appreciate it.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2003, 04:15 pm »
I tried all Philips codes and nothing...

There is asearch method but it just works with power function, doesn't allow to check with volume control.

I'll try the SL-9000, you too do your own attempt...

arthur

remote
« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2003, 09:37 am »
i tried, but mine too requires a power function to do the search mode  :evil:

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :bawl:

arthur

tempest univ remote
« Reply #5 on: 4 Dec 2003, 09:57 am »
hey klaus, could you please post the part number for the remote system so that we can contact the manufacturer and ask them in which of their components they use this part.

thank you

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #6 on: 6 Dec 2003, 08:57 am »
Hi Arthur,

I'll talk to Rolf next week,  since this is the Symphonic Line remote option.

Late,

Klaus

arthur

remote
« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2003, 01:13 am »
has anyone had any progress on this  :?:

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2003, 06:55 am »
Nope !!!
And it is now a priority to me because I made some system upgrades and the CD/DVD-A CD/SACD players I am using now doesn't have variable output, only the Denon DCM-370 does.

Klaaaus help... hehe

arthur

remote
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2004, 05:58 pm »
hey eduardo, any success yet?

i just tried a search option on a toshiba universal remote with no success.
 :(

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2004, 06:20 pm »
Hola, nope nothing yet I am looking for an old Universal Remote SL-9000 that I stored somewhere time ago to try it, but at the moment I haven't had good luck with the OFA Audio Zapper.

The problem is that "search method" only works with power on-off functions buttons and the Tempest as we know is only volume up & down.

I'll keep trying.

Barry

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2004, 03:28 am »
I tried an universal remote control and it works with the learning mode.  This is a taiwan made remote control SRC-2010.  You can find it with simple search on Google.

arthur

remote
« Reply #12 on: 26 Jan 2004, 07:19 am »
does it by any chance give you a code # which it is using? if it does, than maybe i can find a listing from where i can find out which other component uses the same signal.

thank you

Barry

« Reply #13 on: 26 Jan 2004, 04:44 pm »
I cannot find any information regarding the code.  However, when I press the Sony TV remote (Swap channel button when you turn on the Picture in Picture function and watch two TV channels).  It will turn the volume down.  Other than that I have no idea.

A simple fix is to borrow the remote control and use the learning function to capture the code.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jan 2004, 05:05 pm »
Hello Barry, some manufacturers like One For All when selecting a code  from search method, allow you to, after a key sequence get the code.

What remote are you using, I mean brand ?

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #15 on: 3 Feb 2004, 09:33 am »
OK

Just talked to the boys in Germany.  The remote itself is a Phillips code.  However,  with the board that they use it is NOT  interchangeable with any of the official codes found on the charts.  You can still use a learning remote by sending in a signal,  but you won't be able to do a chart - one.

Sorry about that,

Klaus