Recommended Dressing for Spinach Salad?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: Recommended Dressing for Spinach Salad?
« Reply #20 on: 13 Nov 2008, 04:39 pm »
Hope all you guys live to be 106 yrs old.  Me... I'm goin' to fry up some bacon and pour the grease over the spinach, mix in the mushrooms, and pour myself a nice glass of Bordeaux to go with a steak.  Not some range feed stringy ass beef either. :lol: :lol:

Brown

« Reply #21 on: 13 Nov 2008, 04:47 pm »
Hope all you guys live to be 106 yrs old.  Me... I'm goin' to fry up some bacon and pour the grease over the spinach, mix in the mushrooms, and pour myself a nice glass of Bordeaux to go with a steak.  Not some range feed stringy ass beef either. :lol: :lol:

Enjoy ! You'll love it. Make sure that steak is room temp before cooking. It will tighten up and be tougher. Makes a big difference. season with kosher or sea salt pepper to taste and most important do not cut it for a minimum of 5 minutes after desired cooking time. . put on warm plate and tent a piece of alum foil over. 

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #22 on: 13 Nov 2008, 07:07 pm »

I'm with you buddy! That sounds damn good to me. :drool: But I'm too lazy to fry up the bacon and I don't need the grease on my salad, especially with a nicely marbled steak. Instead I get that ready cooked bacon, nuke it for 20 seconds and cut in strips over my salads. Less someone got the wrong idea when I said bacon bits, I wasn't talking about bacon bits in a jar. That stuff's great for picking birds but I want something I can stick a fork in with my salad. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Folsom

« Reply #23 on: 14 Nov 2008, 01:04 am »
I want to know my blood type so I can check out the "eat right 4 you" ideas.

Food has changed in interesting ways. True there were some bad pestisides leading up until their ban. Also not EVERYONE used the bad pestisides, hell you could taste the difference often. However it was not until the 1970's that thing like High Fructose Corn Syrup and other heavy GMO things appeared. Around the 1980s it all seem to become standard. Interesting things happened like my father stopped eating chili peppers about the time they turned GMO because he could not digest them, just heart burn. I myself growing up went from eating some vegetables to eating almost none. My parents had no idea they could go get better vegetables, I mean where do you get them, the grocery store right?

When people were our fathers' and grandfathers' age at least some things were true, like an apple was an apple, sugar in anything was sugar etc... They had no reason to question anything, it all just "was". Now just about nothing is what it appears. Consider this, the average price for a hamburger meal in a resterraunt has increased from say $4 to $8 maybe even $10 over the last 30-50 years. Cars have increased from $3k to $30k+. Considering the amazing low increase percentage in food you got to wonder how it is possible. I think the only real answer is for the most part subsidizing and industrial infastructure that means lots of GMO, pesticides, etc...

I guess all in all I see good food good for everyone. It is more beneficial for the world over, and on everyone's personal level they feel better in all ways. When people feel better they persue passions, they are better decision makers, they have the ability to less problematic so they make other peoples life better (like your kids, wife, friends etc). If there is anything to really say it is the biggest joke played on us by the advertising industry it is that there are millions of more important things than what we put in our body to spend money on.

This thread makes me hungry.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #24 on: 14 Nov 2008, 01:13 am »
I'm having baked chicken breast that's coated with mayonaise, mash potatoes, and a iceberg/spinich salad w/sweet onions, cheery tomatoes, green peppers, hunks of fresh Romano cheese(thanks Topround :thumb:), and oh yes,,,,,, bacon strips. :drool: Probably go with a Thousand Islands dressing.

If you've never tried mayonaise when baking chicken, you need to give it a shot. Keeps the chicken ohh so moist while keeping the skin from shriveling up. I don't do skinless chicken btw. :D

Cheers,
Robin

djklmnop

« Reply #25 on: 25 Mar 2009, 08:32 pm »
Try this:

1 to 1-1/2 cup corn oil
1 cup rice vinegar (unseasoned)
1 TBSP of non iodized table salt
1 TBSP of MSG
1 TBSP of Lemon Juice
1 TBSP of Granulated Garlic
1/2 TBSP of ground pepper (optional)

some young guy

« Reply #26 on: 26 Mar 2009, 06:07 pm »
Just a note: I edited this thread in order to keep it on topic. If you all want to discuss the direction/merits of organic farming, please start a new thread on the subject. And please, lets keep it civil. Thanks for your cooperation.