Report on the 626jr SDE

John Casler

Report on the 626jr SDE
« on: 6 Nov 2008, 11:30 pm »
Report on the 626jr SDE

Some time ago I sent a (actually one of the first) 626jr SDE pairs to a client of mine back east.

This fellow is no beginner, and actually has RM v60s in his MAIN 2 Channel System.

He is not one to post here on AudioCircle but I think he occasionally read the posts to "catch up".

In any event I have been busy of late and would remember that I hadn't talked with him lately and hadn't heard how, or if, he was pleased with his speakers.

This 2nd System was in a rather small room with an exceptionally low ceiling.  If memory serves me, I think it was like 7.5ft high.

Many times small room dimensions pose special problems to balancing the sound.

I spoke with him today, and as it turns out, he is so happy with the result, that he is also going with the D-OXO for his RM v60 pair in his main system.

Aditionally I spoke with another SDE 626jr owner and he said it was simply hard to imagine that he got this level of sound for under $1800!!  He has owned some very hefty standmounts in the $6k range, and said the didn't compare. aa

Just thought I would pass on some of that from clients who don't or wouldn't post here themselves.