Would you pay 3k for this?

nathanm

Re: Would you pay 3k for this?
« Reply #20 on: 5 Nov 2008, 07:27 pm »
Hand Tuned
Each resonator is forged in the USA from proprietary carbon steel and later case hardened with a torch.  During the hardening process each resonator is taped with a small steel hammer. A microphone connected to a spectrum analyzer measures the acoustic property of each resonator. When the resonator reaches its desired acoustic property, it is immediately quenched in an oil bath to halt the case hardening process. Tuning each resonator ensures proper acoustic properties are met and corrects for variations that can occur in the forging process. The final result is an acoustic treatment system that delivers sound quality like no other regardless of room size or system configuration.

Hmm, you could buy a whole set of really nice cymbals for that price.  They're hit with hammers until they reach their desired acoustic property!

orthobiz

« Reply #21 on: 5 Nov 2008, 10:12 pm »
didn't woody allen grab a vibratron before he cloned hitler's nose?

Paul

Ted_D

« Reply #22 on: 7 Nov 2008, 02:12 am »
Until you hear a room correction system based on acoustic resonator principals don't assume it cannot work. Assume it most probably will not work if you will, but until you experience room correction based on acoustic resonators, any black-and-white statements regarding their effectiveness, or lack-there-of, are opinion- not fact. I have heard the Acoustic ART System and it works as described. In fact I have not only listened to a room treated with the Acoustic ART System, I am also its designer.

Yours in music,
Ted Denney III Lead Designer Synergistic Research Inc.

PS. If you live in the Southern California area, or plan to vist and would like to hear a system treated with the Acoustic ART System, contact me at the Synergistic Research factory. I'll arrange for a factory tour and a full demonstration.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #23 on: 7 Nov 2008, 03:33 am »
Until you hear a room correction system based on acoustic resonator principals don't assume it cannot work. Assume it most probably will not work if you will, but until you experience room correction based on acoustic resonators, any black-and-white statements regarding their effectiveness, or lack-there-of, are opinion- not fact. I have heard the Acoustic ART System and it works as described. In fact I have not only listened to a room treated with the Acoustic ART System, I am also its designer.

Yours in music,

PS. If you live in the Southern California area, or plan to vist and would like to hear a system treated with the Acoustic ART System, contact me at the Synergistic Research factory. I'll arrange for a factory tour and a full demonstration.

ok ted, you are right.  i, for one, am one of those who "assume it most probably will not work".  but, if it were priced at $300, instead of $3k, you could still make a tidy profit.  possibly, your total profit might even be more, cuz your sales would be exponentially higher.  cuz, even if they don't work, at least they look cool!  and, not only that, if you charged "only" $300, you wouldn't alienate potential customers of your other products so much so that they would refuse to buy those other products yust on principle, even tho they are well-thought-of in the audiophile community...   8)

one persons opinion...

doug s.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #24 on: 7 Nov 2008, 04:27 am »

*Scotty*

« Reply #25 on: 7 Nov 2008, 07:24 am »
I noticed the acoustic panels in the corners.
The nice thing about acoustic treatments is that regardless of their design you can measure their effectiveness. If these things work as advertised you should be able to show a before and after set of measurements. This would demonstrate conclusively that they work and in what fashion they alter the room acoustics. A set of reproducible measurements would negate charges of charlatanism regarding these products.
Scotty

john1970

« Reply #26 on: 7 Nov 2008, 11:28 am »
What is he doing? And why does it work?
As best I can tell it's just an illusion. Yes, the sound of that one tuba changes a bit, but that's the only change I hear. Plus YouTube audio is terrible and is not suitable for any sort of critical analysis. :lol:

Oh yeah, those "acoustic treatment" devices are way too small to do anything at any frequency - unless your room is the size of a doll house. :duh:

--Ethan

Very nice to see someone who sells real acoustic treatments dispel this illusion. 

Thank you,

Ethan

Big Red Machine

« Reply #27 on: 7 Nov 2008, 01:08 pm »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #28 on: 7 Nov 2008, 01:10 pm »
Build your own:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50057254

:rotflmao:

I noticed the acoustic panels in the corners.
The nice thing about acoustic treatments is that regardless of their design you can measure their effectiveness. If these things work as advertised you should be able to show a before and after set of measurements. This would demonstrate conclusively that they work and in what fashion they alter the room acoustics. A set of reproducible measurements would negate charges of charlatanism regarding these products.
Scotty

Wholeheartedly agree  :thumb:

Anand.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #29 on: 7 Nov 2008, 01:51 pm »
Why is it that the people who make these things get laughed at but when a new electronic gizmo comes out with nothing but subjective data to support it, people go along with it.   :duh:

Maybe I should say that electronic alchemy gets a pass on the market easier than this stuff. To me it's all the same.

This is a great time to mention the fuel saver magnet!

I realize in the long run that it's what pleases people that counts- whether it's a placebo or not.

The moral is: Don't laugh at it! It was made because someone will defend to the death that it works!

Science, measurements- who needs it! 'Tis the ears that count and NOTHING ELSE.

richidoo

« Reply #30 on: 7 Nov 2008, 02:34 pm »
Yours in music,

Thanks for posting Ted_D, welcome to AC. I hope you will post again. Your products look intriguing.

40 years ago the conversation would have been the same about upgrade speaker wire. Some still argue that wires can not possibly make a difference.

I don't understand how resonating bowls could work at all, much less as good as traditional acoustic treatments, but I have read that they can make a noticeable difference. I would like to hear it for myself sometime. My bro lives in San Diego, next time I visit I will give you a call.
Rich

Ted_D

« Reply #31 on: 7 Nov 2008, 02:41 pm »
Thanks for posting Ted_D, welcome to AC. I hope you will post again. Your products look intriguing.

40 years ago the conversation would have been the same about upgrade speaker wire. Some still argue that wires can not possibly make a difference.

I don't understand how resonating bowls could work at all, much less as good as traditional acoustic treatments, but I have read that they can make a noticeable difference. I would like to hear it for myself sometime. My bro lives in San Diego, next time I visit I will give you a call.
Rich

Rich you are welcome to visit anytime : ) Give me a heads up and I'll conduct the tour and demonstrations personally- you'll love the Tesla Coil / Quantum Tunneling demo.

Yours in music,

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #32 on: 7 Nov 2008, 03:18 pm »

miklorsmith

« Reply #33 on: 7 Nov 2008, 03:41 pm »
Maybe they're doll-sized aliens and they DO live in a dollhouse!   :lol:

Jus' kiddin' fellas.  I have those ASI Sugarcubes.  It's hugely vexing to me and they shouldn't work but they do.

Ethan Winer

• Industry Participant
  • Audio expert
    • RealTraps - The acoustic treatment experts
« Reply #34 on: 7 Nov 2008, 06:22 pm »
A set of reproducible measurements would negate charges of charlatanism regarding these products.

Exactly.

WGH

« Reply #35 on: 7 Nov 2008, 08:34 pm »
I would guess that if these tuned resonators worked then the opposite would be true and an un-tuned resonator would really screw up the sound.

How about an old steel mixing screwed to a 2x4 as an experiment.

Or bring in the Arcosanti wind chime from the back porch and listen. Does the sound get $3000 worse?

Wayne

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #36 on: 7 Nov 2008, 09:37 pm »
Maybe they're doll-sized aliens and they DO live in a dollhouse!   :lol:

Jus' kiddin' fellas.  I have those ASI Sugarcubes.  It's hugely vexing to me and they shouldn't work but they do.
even tho you believe it works, i still bet you couldn't tell the difference w/or w/o it.   :green:

doug s.

miklorsmith

« Reply #37 on: 7 Nov 2008, 09:44 pm »
Maybe, possibly.  I've actually thought about doing some room measurements with and without them but that's about 11th on my home project list.  The differences I thought I heard should be easily measurable.

A lot of folks would say we can't possibly hear the differences between amplifiers and other components either.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #38 on: 7 Nov 2008, 09:51 pm »
I would guess that if these tuned resonators worked then the opposite would be true and an un-tuned resonator would really screw up the sound.

How about an old steel mixing screwed to a 2x4 as an experiment.

Or bring in the Arcosanti wind chime from the back porch and listen. Does the sound get $3000 worse?

Wayne

I'll give you $2000 for the wind chime. :duh:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #39 on: 7 Nov 2008, 10:14 pm »

Rich

Rich you are welcome to visit anytime : ) Give me a heads up and I'll conduct the tour and demonstrations personally- you'll love the Tesla Coil / Quantum Tunneling demo.

Yours in music,

Hi Ted and welcome to AudioCircle. :thumb: Have you documented any room testing with your product,,, anything that would show some credibility to your gizmos? :o IMHO, your retail prices on these pieces is astronomical. :oops: But then again I'd love to see this concept play itself out as being the real deal cuz from strictly a visual standpoint, I'd take your products in my listening room anyday over having walls and ceiling covered with unsightly fiberglass panels. :lol:
BUT not for what you charge and not til it's been proven out that you are indeed the real deal. Also, I for one don't put much stock in the continuing disparaging remarks that come from the usual acoustic competitors (you know who you are) here in the Acoustic Circle! :roll: (IMHO & FWIW) :lol:

Cheers,
Robin