Would you pay 3k for this?

ShinOBIWAN

Re: Would you pay 3k for this?
« Reply #160 on: 14 Nov 2008, 06:02 am »
I like testing something by using it in the system until I'm fully used to it, then removing the new item.  If I miss it, then it must be doing something good.  If I don't miss the item, or like the sound better without it, then I know I don't want it.

I'm thinking of trying something similar with the kids.

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #161 on: 14 Nov 2008, 06:10 am »
Sure you can. Its just takes the right measurement and the right person to interpret them. Or is there something more than amplitude over time that were talking about here. Oh wait, psychoacoustics of course.

Said to another Shin'Obiwan': Go to the center of gravity's pull, and find your planet, you will.
... Since you have a nickname as you do, I'm assuming you know this quote, and that it originates from using a "kid" to interpret a
measurement. (and this WAS amplitude over time...)

Some except the fact that some things are not there... you call it psychoacoustics to go and look?

Imperial

ShinOBIWAN

« Reply #162 on: 15 Nov 2008, 12:11 am »
Here, I'll share my favourite word with you: Vulva

:lol:

DSK

« Reply #163 on: 15 Nov 2008, 02:39 pm »

Yes, but are you passionate about spreading the word or just paying it lip service?  :icon_lol:

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #164 on: 15 Nov 2008, 11:29 pm »

If you say so!?
Ok.
You know, Professor Utonium, would most likely have no problem discerning the
workings of Synergistics devices, but I'm sure that Mojo Jojo would try to steal the secret for
himself if he could! But he's really afraid of Bubbles, so you're safe!  :thumb:
(Yup... I've watched this cartoon, and I think it is kinda fun!  :oops:  :lol: )

---
..."Who said my magic word?"
Oh hello Sedusa...Vulva?, no, I didn't say that...  :roll:

Imperial
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2008, 01:12 am by Imperial »

Brown

« Reply #165 on: 19 Nov 2008, 12:10 am »
I talked to the dealer.  He has 10 sets coming in next week.  He will, however, be in West Coast next week and won't be back until the 26th.  He will try to get me a set out right after Turkeyday. 

For all of you rightous dudes who just won't give it a chance because it seems so ludicrous to resonate big waves with tiny bowls, what's there to lose by trying them?  They are letting you try it before buying it.  I have a healthy dose of skepticism going into it but I am willing to entertain the idea that somehow it works.   :dunno:  If the resonators can delude me repeatedly and consistantly, I will consider buying the bottle of delusion that somehow delievers emprical result for me.  I will try to measure the room response as well to understand what's happening. I also think the instruction manual for setting it up should give clues to how it is supposed to work.

P.S.  I took AP math and science courses in high school and got a BS in chemistry.  I think I am grounded in science but I am open to mysteries too as I went on to get a MA in comparative religion.   

Now that is a solution. I cannot beieve that SR would get involved in a product that was a scam. High prices they are NOT afraid of as we can see by their existing product line. recently I commented on a modded sqeeze box that cost $6000. I was wrong not to give the benifit of doubt. live and learn. Learning being the key word.
   If one never tries one never knows. A reasonable price though IMO would attract more buyers. I'm curious to know what they do, if anything.

thomlindstrom

« Reply #166 on: 20 Nov 2008, 01:37 am »
An observation from a married (happily) audiophile.

After hanging a bunch of huge and ugly conventional room acoustics all over your living room / listening room with all the technical complexity of pillows stuffed with fiberglass insulation; how long was it until your wife gave you head again?

I for one am keen to try anything that will improve my room acoustics while maintaining that aspect of my marriage I am most fond of. I think I'll try this out and report back. Thanks for the heads up on this product and The Cable Company.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #167 on: 20 Nov 2008, 01:45 am »

After hanging a bunch of huge and ugly conventional room acoustics all over your living room / listening room with all the technical complexity of pillows stuffed with fiberglass insulation; how long was it until your wife gave you head again?

I for one am keen to try anything that will improve my room acoustics while maintaining that aspect of my marriage I am most fond of. I think I'll try this out and report back. Thanks for the heads up on this product and The Cable Company.

Not what I'd call the classiest 1st post but regardless, point well taken. :rotflmao:  Welcome to AudioCircle! :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #168 on: 20 Nov 2008, 03:41 am »

Wow, Thom, reel it in just a bit.  :lol:

Do you really think offing three grand on this product is going to waltz you into this aspect of marital bliss? You are clearly a glass-half-full kind of guy!  :thumb:

I have made Ted an offer to try these in my house. He graciously responded and sounded extremely positive and, frankly, kinda' cool. However, when it came to naming dates the dialogue ended. In fairness to Ted, he clearly posted here that he would be on business for a week and he'd be back. I'm giving him a well deserved break because of his post.

In any case, coughing up three grand on blind faith and hope would pretty much relegate the WAF into oblivion, forever, for me. Hang tight, give her a nice card, and hold on to your money. Deflation is a reality right now.

Welcome to AC!  :green:

I'll let ya' know how it goes,
Jerry

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #169 on: 20 Nov 2008, 03:55 am »

Thanks to JerryM's post, it reminded me to ask if you could provide us with some pictures once you have the Synergistic Research Acoustic ART System set up in your listening room? :o

Just to be clear, that's pictures of the Acoustic ART System, not you and your wife. :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

bummrush

« Reply #170 on: 20 Nov 2008, 05:44 am »
Compared to what some fools pay for equip in the first place many people would look at it as a bargain.

Ted_D

« Reply #171 on: 18 Dec 2008, 02:26 am »
OK here's the first review for the Acoustic ART System- there are at least 4 more in the pipeline:
http://dagogo.com/SynergisticART.html

BTW- JerryM, check your messages dude. I've sent you several invites over the past three weeks to swing by and check the ART System out :duh:

Yours in music,
Ted Denney Lead Designer Synergistic Research Inc.

2bigears

« Reply #172 on: 18 Dec 2008, 02:34 am »
:D  if you are a hard working man like most here,and you shell out three large for this set of weird shapes,you really don't need head,you need your head examined :lol: :D

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #173 on: 18 Dec 2008, 03:02 am »
:D  if you are a hard working man like most here,and you shell out three large for this set of weird shapes,you really don't need head,you need your head examined :lol: :D

What the hell are you talking about? :scratch: That statement is practically the definition of an audiophile and I'm sure most here can relate to that feeling after shelling out the $$$ for overpriced audio products.  :lol:

Now if you're just sounding off as usual, that I do understand. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

2bigears

« Reply #174 on: 18 Dec 2008, 03:34 am »
 :D  Robin,,what ?? me,sounding off as usual,,no way,no how.for once in the spirit of the season,will you try to be nice ???? :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #175 on: 18 Dec 2008, 03:45 am »
:D  Robin,,what ?? me,sounding off as usual,,no way,no how.for once in the spirit of the season,will you try to be nice ???? :lol:

Thought I was as that sounding off statement was something I really can relate to. :rotflmao:

You could tho take your own advise and try being nice yourself by not accusing anyone thinking of purchasing the Acoustic ART System as needing their head examined. :nono:

Happy Holidays,,, go spend some of that hard earned money on yourself.  :xmas:

Cheers,
Robin

Vinyl-Addict

• Groovetracer - Products for Rega turntables.
« Reply #176 on: 18 Dec 2008, 04:41 am »
Excerpt from review: "There is a question about other room treatments. I was told at the RMAF that they are largely irrelevant to the Acoustic ART effect. I did not find that to be the case, and I have removed my Shakti Holographs, most of my Shun Mooks Mpingo disks, Brilliant Pebbles and one of my Acoustic Revive QR-8 dots. Others have told me the Holographs continue to have a benefit in their rooms, but that was not my experience."

I only got this far into the review. I'm guessing anyone who owns the likes of rocks in a jar will say any tweak works. I'm not proclaiming that the ART system doesn't have an affect, just not sure I'd believe a reviewer that uses pebbles in a jar in his system, that's all.

2bigears

« Reply #177 on: 18 Dec 2008, 06:39 am »
:D holy-moly,,,,rocks in a jar,now why didn't i think of that.i got rocks in my head,wonder if that counts as room treatment.my good Lord,things get more crazy all the time,laugh a minute. :scratch: :D

acoustat6

« Reply #178 on: 18 Dec 2008, 02:21 pm »
Hello, I am sure someone just as witty as me has said this allready (I have not read the whole thread)  so i will second the motion for Woody (appropriately named!) Allens Orgasmatron in the movie "Sleeper". Now that would be worth $3,000! But then again if Diane Keaton...

Bob

Browntrout

« Reply #179 on: 21 Dec 2008, 12:50 pm »
Hello, have been rather bored this Sunday so spent the time to read this thread. Those that have requested SCIENTIFIC MEASUREMENTS FOR THESE DEVICES can find them here 
http://www.virtualdynamics.ca/uploads/files/Resonator_Pro_Link_Test_Report.pdf
 This data was orginally found on the second page of the 6moons link kindly posted by Vinyl-Addict on page five of this topic. I don't know the technical side of things very much at all but the frequency graphs are fairly easy to read. You will need to scroll down quite a bit. I hope this is of some help in discussing the merits of these little things. Cheers, Ben. :wink:
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2008, 04:22 pm by Browntrout »