Bryston Professional Recording Studio Installs

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Bryston Professional Recording Studio Installs
« on: 1 Nov 2008, 10:24 am »
Hi All,

As you know Bryston is utilized in many recording studios around the world and I thought I might share some of the feedback I get from time to time from these studios.

Check out the Studio Website below.

MEMO: To all Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: World Class DBC Studio’s in Vancouver – ALL BRYSTON

November 2008,

Hi James!

I was just checking out your "users list" page and would love to add our company to the list if you'll have us.  DBC Sound is a world class facility

Our entire facility runs using the power of Bryston.

Because they are so quiet, we have them proudly displayed inside our main stage. DBC sound is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada with two dub stages six sound edit suites as well as suites available for picture editing. 

We would love to join the ranks of the Bryston "users list" or at least let you know how happy we are with your product. Please contact me for any information.

You can check out our website at http://www.dbcsound.com.

Thank you for your time.

Peter

peter eliuk | technician & re-recording mixer | dbc sound inc |

James Tanner

• Facilitator
Re: Bryston Professional Recording Studio Installs
« Reply #1 on: 4 Nov 2008, 12:06 pm »
Hi,

Peter from the studio above was kind enough to send this additional information regarding what Bryston gear is used in what rooms:

Hi James!

Also, Here is the breakdown of our rooms:

Stage 1:
3 x 7BSST
1 x 5BST
1 x 4BST
1 x 4BSST
1 x 9BSST

Stage 2:
6 x 7BSST
3 x 4BSST
1 x 3BNRB

Edit Suites
16 x powerpack 60
1 x 2B

Bill and Dean's Office
3 x 7BSST
1 x 4BSST

Machine Room
1 x SP1.7 preamp

As you can see we are big supporters of you guys. Keep up the good work!

Thanks
Peter

denjo

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2008, 02:29 pm »
Wow, that is quite a formidable line-up of Bryston gear!  :D

Must sound really awesome!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2008, 04:12 pm »
Hi All,

Press release that just went out this week.

BRYSTON PRESS RELEASE

Bryston Powered Studio Boasts Grammy-Nominated Projects

Peterborough, Ontario November, 2008 — Bryston amplifiers (www.bryston.ca) have been the choice of many critical listeners worldwide, and that includes Oregon-based Future Disc recording studio founder Steve Hall, who has two mastering projects up for a total of 11 Grammy nominations for 2008.           

SE Entertainment Records’ artist Nikkole has garnered eight nominations including Album of The Year (Creolepatra), Best New Artist and Best R&B Vocal Performance (I Really Need You). Another recent client, Anna Maria, has landed three nominations: Best New Artist, Best Female R&B Vocal Performance (My Funny Valentine) and Best Jazz Vocal Album (Within The Fourteenth Hour). Hall has mastered several classic records including Blondie’s “Heart Of Glass,” Pat Benatar’s “In the Heat of The Night,” The Knack’s “My Sharona,” and Madonna’s “True Blue” among others.

“I have owned five Bryston 4B-ST Pro’s for quite a long time—they have never given me the slightest trouble and they sound great,” said Hall. The amplifiers have been utilized in various configurations to power Hall’s main studio monitors, a center channel, rear speakers, and a subwoofer."

Bryston amplifiers have been the definitive choice of premier recording facilities all over the world, such as Advantage Audio, Inc. of Burbank, CA. and Flyte Tyme Productions, located in Santa Monica, CA. “We are honored to have our amplifiers chosen by so many highly demanding and critical listeners such as Steve Hall,” commented Bryston sales VP James Tanner. I have no doubt that the Grammy nominations are reflective of Steve’s skill and experience in making great recordings,” Tanner concluded.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #4 on: 18 Nov 2008, 11:04 pm »
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

ashtarul

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2008, 07:07 am »
Hi James. Congratulations on your success, and may I say deservedly so too. I was just wondering whether the Professional Recording World have also started embracing your BDA-1 DAC in the studios as much as they have accepted the amplifiers as the industry standard. That would really boost the success of the BDA-1.

danman

« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2008, 08:30 pm »
Definately well deserved! I can vouch for the statement concerning the 4B-ST............simply wonderful!