Favorite brews?

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: Favorite brews?
« Reply #140 on: 18 Jul 2015, 08:27 pm »
Well since I left the midwest seven years ago where the word micro brew usually brought mostly a stare.  I now live in the land of Micro Brew pubs or as some call it Oregon.

My favorite is the Abyss of Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon. http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/category/blog-post-tags/abyss-0

Only available for a few months in the fall unless you drop by the Bier Stein in Eugene where they do their best to keep 1000 lables in the cooler.  And a mire 30 on tap.

Nick77

« Reply #141 on: 18 Jul 2015, 09:57 pm »
This Odells double IPA is simply delicious, a must try.

Wayne1

« Reply #142 on: 19 Jul 2015, 12:40 am »

Dave G

« Reply #143 on: 19 Jul 2015, 11:53 am »

Hey Wayne!  Nice to see you posting here.

Is Station 26 the company you're brewing for?  The beers look great, especially the Citra IPA.

Dave

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #144 on: 19 Jul 2015, 12:41 pm »
Hey Wayne!  Nice to see you posting here.

Is Station 26 the company you're brewing for?  The beers look great, especially the Citra IPA.

Dave

Wayne is the master mind (Brewmaster) of the Cream Ale, which was also on the top ten of Playboys "Best brews in Colorado".

....Sorry Wayne, if you won't brag on you, I'll do it for you.  8)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #145 on: 19 Jul 2015, 08:54 pm »
Just went and visited Maine Beer Company (one of my favorite breweries) in Freeport, Maine.

I had a tasty sampler (pictured below) + a an excellent locally bake pretzel with a jalapeno mustard dipping sauce.

My sampler contained the following beers:

Zoe - award winning Amber Ale
Lunch - award winning IPA
Mean Old Tom (via Nitro tap) -
Pilot 7 - Hoppy Lager (not in full blown production - yet)

Here is a picture of tap area:

George

roscoeiii

« Reply #146 on: 19 Jul 2015, 10:38 pm »
Just went and visited Maine Beer Company (one of my favorite breweries) in Freeport, Maine.

I had a tasty sampler (pictured below) + a an excellent locally bake pretzel with a jalapeno mustard dipping sauce.

My sampler contained the following beers:

Zoe - award winning Amber Ale
Lunch - award winning IPA
Mean Old Tom (via Nitro tap) -
Pilot 7 - Hoppy Lager (not in full blown production)

George

Maine Beer is great. Up in the Northeast, Alchemist, Hills Farmstead and Trillium are also killer.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #147 on: 20 Jul 2015, 12:05 am »
Been to Trillium and they are indeed good.

Will look into the others.

George

chip

« Reply #148 on: 21 Jul 2015, 06:57 pm »
Well since I left the midwest seven years ago where the word micro brew usually brought mostly a stare.  I now live in the land of Micro Brew pubs or as some call it Oregon.

My favorite is the Abyss of Deschutes Brewery in Bend Oregon. http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/category/blog-post-tags/abyss-0

Only available for a few months in the fall unless you drop by the Bier Stein in Eugene where they do their best to keep 1000 lables in the cooler.  And a mire 30 on tap.

I have two waiting to be opened in Nov.

tvyankee

« Reply #149 on: 21 Jul 2015, 09:13 pm »
Hey.

My new favorite brewery is.  The Other Half. Anything from them is great.

Beers that are great that I have been drinking are .

Lawsons Double sip of sunshine and Sunshine
Fiddle back and double fiddle
Gandhi Bot
lawsons new Session 2
And most Port City.
Heady Topper

West cost best ipa yes even bettet than Russian River .
Beachwood Ipa.

These are all great beers but hard to get. If you have a chance get them all.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #150 on: 22 Jul 2015, 01:37 am »
My current fav is Laurewood Workhorse IPA, best in the NW I think.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16289/41872/

jhm731

« Reply #151 on: 22 Jul 2015, 02:24 am »
Anyone tried Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy?

santacore

« Reply #152 on: 23 Nov 2015, 01:46 am »
Not necessary a favorite, but very enjoyable, and music related. Great price at Costco! Happy Holidays!

RPM123

santacore

« Reply #154 on: 23 Nov 2015, 05:13 am »
Love the Russian River brewing! Just picked up a couple of Pliney's on Friday. Yummy.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #155 on: 23 Nov 2015, 04:31 pm »
Odd13 brewery is near my place, it's like heaven for beer lovers. These guys are WAY better than average... they keep on coming out with great beers, from the new IPA that has an amazing floral/citrus hop character to the assortment of sour beers on tap...

http://odd13brewing.com/

roscoeiii

« Reply #156 on: 23 Nov 2015, 04:41 pm »
Odd13 brewery is near my place, it's like heaven for beer lovers. These guys are WAY better than average... they keep on coming out with great beers, from the new IPA that has an amazing floral/citrus hop character to the assortment of sour beers on tap...

http://odd13brewing.com/

Have you hit Crooked Stave in Denver?  They do incredible things with wild yeasts. One of my favorite breweries in the country. Though not as wide a range of styles as other breweries will produce.

rockadanny

« Reply #157 on: 23 Nov 2015, 04:58 pm »
One of my favorite beers of this year (thus far) was Bell's 30th Anniversary Imperial Stout. Not the boldest, thickest, most burnt, ashiest, chocolatiest/coffeist, or stickiest of stouts, but a very well balanced stout with lots of subtle flavors and aromas. Savored each mouthful.

tvyankee

« Reply #158 on: 23 Nov 2015, 04:59 pm »
Guys,

Was at the Berkeley music school in Boston doing a show and went by Trillium and by Tree House . WOW!

I have been drinking craft since Sam&Saranac was the only game in town and these 2 are pretty dam good. Tree House has like 2 beers in the top 10 spots right now.

santacore

« Reply #159 on: 24 Nov 2015, 02:23 am »
rockadanny, that Bell's looks great. We are just starting to get their stuff in CA, so I'll keep an eye out.

I'm not a huge fan of Oskar Blues or flavored beers, but this one is interesting. A little too heavy on the coconut for my palate, but still a very enjoyable dessert style beer. If you don't like it, most likely your lady will. Side note-The Hydro Flask pint glass is awesome and highly recommended as a Christmas gift.