FS - Modwright 36.5 DM - one month old - NEW, UNREAL DEAL (9k new)

miklorsmith

« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2008, 03:17 pm by miklorsmith »

miklorsmith

Re: FS - Modwright 36.5 DM - one month old - REDUCED MORE
« Reply #21 on: 11 Nov 2008, 03:27 pm »
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2008, 03:20 pm by miklorsmith »

miklorsmith

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: FS - Modwright 36.5 DM - one month old - REDUCED MORE (9k new)
« Reply #23 on: 18 Nov 2008, 05:16 pm »
Pictures Mike, everyone wants pictures. :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

miklorsmith

Contact me via PM for a ridiculously good price.   aa

TONEPUB

Just curious, didn't you get a ridiculously good deal on this piece
to begin with, being the press?

:)

rydenfan

Probably a more appropriate conversation for PM that via a public forum, dont you think?

kck

Probably a more appropriate conversation for PM that via a public forum, dont you think?
rydenfan, agreed and what MS paid and why has nothing to do with anything anyway.

BobRex

I don't know... in a way it kind of does...  Given typical pricing structures (and I don't know if Modwright follows typical convention) the piece would have a 40 point markup, making the cost $5.4K new.  This is a used unit, so how does that affect the price?
Besides, most manufacturers require (or they used to) industry buyers to hold a piece at least a year before it is resold. 

Maybe Mike didn't get any accommodation price and he paid full retail, but if he did get a discount, then maybe this ain't kosher.

nicksgem10s

I understand industry pricing to an extent.

From all the posts I have seen Mike make over the years on AC I really don't think Mike is doing anything here that isn't legit.

He seems like a standup guy and he should be able to respond to this without being accused of any wrongdoing.

I feel very strongly that he has an explanation for his sale/pricing.  Maybe he paid full retail or close to it.

The guy deserves a chance to respond.

MaxCast

Hey, it's a preamp and it's for sale.
If you are not interested in buying it please move on.

Rasta

It is what it is.
« Last Edit: 22 Nov 2008, 02:55 pm by Rasta »

miklorsmith

Hey, it's a preamp and it's for sale.  If you are not interested in buying it please move on.

Word.

Sale Pending

wilsynet

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/why/why.html

"If the reviewer wishes to purchase the equipment, he expresses this interest via e-mail, copies the Editor/owner on this exchange and then fulfills the financial obligations in accord with the manufacturer's stipulations.

"Such purchases are always and only for personal use. They may not be resold during whatever time period the manufacturer specifies. If the reviewer wishes to sell such a component after that period has expired (usually 1 year), he or she may not sell industry accommodations at any personal profit. Disregard of proper conduct as it pertains to industry accommodations will result in a writer's immediate termination."

If miklorsmith purchased this unit from Modwright and is indeed profiting from this sale, there is no violation of the 6moons policy because Srajan wrote the review of the Modwright 36.5, not Mike Smith.  If miklorsmith is violating the terms of the original sale, then that's between Modwright and miklorsmith, not miklorsmith and some larger AudioCircle audience.

Nothing suspicious or improper here.