RM30 slimline floordstander !

ekovalsky

« on: 16 Nov 2003, 01:23 am »
From the offical CES website  8)

Introducing the VMPS RM 30 slimline floorstanding speaker ($3500pr) with innovative ribbon mid and treble technology. The VMPS booth won "Best of CES" for High End Audio in 2002 and 2003! Also new: the matching Model 215 Subwoofer ($650ea). Heard through Amzilla and the Trinaural Processor.

warnerwh

« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2003, 01:27 am »
Thanks for the info Ekovalsky. Just what people (and me) were looking for.  I'm sure alot of wives may appreciate these also.

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2003, 01:56 am »
Uh Oh!  The Cat is out of the BAG!!!! :mrgreen:

So much for Dec 2nd :lol:

Andrikos

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2003, 02:30 am »
Hmmmmm,
how slim is "slimline"? :)

kana813

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2003, 03:33 am »
Since the cat's out, how about some RM-30 specs?

Is it a pussy or a little tiger?

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #5 on: 16 Nov 2003, 03:48 am »
yeah, gimme some spec!!!   :mrgreen:

doug s.

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 16 Nov 2003, 03:57 am »
Quote from: doug s.

doug s.

Reminds me of "Retha" Franklin. :drums:  :guitar: :singing: :dance:

Jus' wantin' a little 'spec

(RE)SPEC, found out how it sounds to me,

Sockit to me
Sockit to me
Sockit to me
Sockit to me  

Sockit to me
Sockit to me
Sockit to me
Sockit to me

Yeah little (re) SPEC

Just a little bit....... :lol:  :lol:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #7 on: 16 Nov 2003, 04:27 am »
Quote from: John Casler

doug s.

Reminds me of "Retha" Franklin. :drums:  :guitar: :singing: :dance:

Jus' wantin' a little 'spec

(RE)SPEC, found out how it sounds to me,

Sockit to me
Sockit to me
Sockit to me
Sockit to me  

Sockit to me
Sockit to me
Sockit to me
Sockit to me

Yeah little (re) SPEC

Just a little bit....... :lol:  :lol:

actually, i was tinkin' about ron wood's "gimme some neck"...  not 'specially noted for his lyrics, mr. woods...
:guitar:  :banghead:  :drums:  :guitar:

:mrgreen:

regards,

doug s., now where's the specs? :wink:

hk29

« Reply #8 on: 16 Nov 2003, 04:53 am »
pictures pleases .... :mrgreen:

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
RM30
« Reply #9 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:02 am »
There are No pictures because the system doesn't exist yet.  Looks like Dec 15 is the earliest.

wshuff

« Reply #10 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:04 am »
Since the cat is out of the bag, any chance we can get some specifics, i.e., number of panels, configuration, etc?  This sounds very interesting...

pjchappy

« Reply #11 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:09 am »
Well, good, maybe by the time these are in full production, I can afford me a pair. . . and a new sub. . .and also by that time, maybe I'll have my first job.  Being a jobless lawyer sucks (fill in joke here).  

Anyways, is the new sub going to be similar to the bottom of the RM/X?

p

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:23 am »
Will this model be offered with Marks beautiful cabinets as an option?  That could really rock! :D

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #13 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:28 am »
i don't need pics, but dimensions, number & type of drivers, would certainly be nice...   :)

doug s.

ekovalsky

« Reply #14 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:40 am »
Since the RM40's have four neo's per channel, I'd guess these will have three plus either two spiral ribbons or a single free swinging ribbon.  Probably will have to have a midbass driver too (maybe facing sideways to keep the baffle narrow), since the neo's won't go much lower than 166 hz, and I doubt Big B would want to cross over to subs (even stereo subs) that high up...  

When I had my Apogee Divas I crossed over to the Muse18 subs at about 60 hz, higher than that the sound didn't integrate well enough for me.  I'd love to see VMPS update their electronic crossover, with variable frequency settings and slopes and balanced ins/outs, for use with other speakers than the FF & ST3. Maybe a unit based on the Bryston or Marchand line, or a higher end model like the Pass XVR1.

I have a feeling we'll be speculating for about two weeks since the official date since Big B may have to abide by the Dec 2 press release date.

These do sound exciting, particularly since I'll be needing some rear channels (and a center) next year.  Perhaps subs too, depending on whether the bass capabilities of the RM/x live up to my expectations  8)

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #15 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:54 am »
ekovalsky, yure prolly right about the three midrange ribbons; i thought the same thing, w/the rm30 moniker.  i'm hoping for a couple of front-mounted 6.5" woofers from the 626, tho.  i'd prefer that to side-mount woofers...   it would also make the speakers a bit taller, which i'd like.  i guess time will tell - doesn't seem to be much more info leaking out here...   :wink:

doug s.

wshuff

« Reply #16 on: 16 Nov 2003, 05:57 am »
Hey Eric,

Does that mean that you're eventually going to be using those RM/X in a home theater setup, or only a multichannel music setup?  Please do post some pics.

ekovalsky

« Reply #17 on: 16 Nov 2003, 06:44 am »
First two channel audio, then multichannel audio and home theater later.  I much prefer music to movies, but eventually I'll bite the bullet and get a 60" plasma set and a theater processor, mainly for the wife.

I'll post a bunch of high quality pics as soon as the Rm/x arrive, hopefully in the next few weeks.  There aren't many pictures of them, except for the trio at CES (now owned by CBartolomei I think), Julian at SedonaSkySound, and Rupesh at RoopAudioLabs.   Mine should be a bit more interesting since they are not standard piano black, but rather piano black with walnut inlays...

8)

ekovalsky

« Reply #18 on: 16 Nov 2003, 06:45 am »
ekovalsky, yure prolly right about the three midrange ribbons; i thought the same thing, w/the rm30 moniker.  i'm hoping for a couple of front-mounted 6.5" woofers from the 626, tho.  i'd prefer that to side-mount woofers...   it would also make the speakers a bit taller, which i'd like.  i guess time will tell - doesn't seem to be much more info leaking out here...   :wink:

doug s.

Yeah, a pair of front mounted small woofers would be cool!  I forgot about the 6.5" drivers, they can be front mounted without making the baffle too wide.

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
« Reply #19 on: 16 Nov 2003, 02:47 pm »
YeaH!!! I win!!!

I said Brian wolud come out with a RM 3 ...something between a RM2 and RM 40. This is close.

Send to:......

Larry