(2) Dayton ST385-8 15" Series II Woofers ($90 for both)

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Hello folks!

Up for sale are a pair of  Dayton ST385-8 15" Series II Woofer drivers I've had for just over two years. They were mounted in a DIY Decware Housewrecker and performed very well. This sub configuration isn't my style anymore so I thought I'd clear out some space.
The drivers had been mounted clamshelled for most of those two years and as a result the mounting gaskets stuck together and tore during disassembly. I have already purchased a set of new gaskets from SpeakerRepair.com but have not installed them yet. The surround was NOT damaged when the gaskets tore. I have cleaned most of the old material off the mounting flange so they're almost ready to have the new gaskets installed. I can install them if you prefer (no extra charge), or I'll ship the new gaskets and you can install them, whichever you like. The gaskets cost me $16.85 (shipped) last week. There's no major visual defects/scratches to the drivers beyond typical handling and mounting marks with the exception of deformation of the sticker on the back of the magnet (purely cosmetic).
Photo's and specs can be found on the PartsExpress website here:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-130&FTR=295-130&CFID=23787038&CFTOKEN=92851406

As you can see, the list price (each) is $128.  I'm asking $90 for BOTH  aa  Or make an offer.
I WILL absorb Paypal fee's.  You pay shipping, whatever that turns out to be to your specific location from St. Louis 63051.

The Housewrecker enclosure is up for grabs FREE, but most certainly local pick-up only. 150-170 pounds if memory serves.

These will NOT go on AGON, as I don't even have an account  :wink:
For references, I have an Ebay feedback score of 124 with 99.2%. Can provide a link to profile if you'd like.

If you would like, I can take better photo's of the drivers, but here's a few during the original build (2 years ago) before they where clamshelled:

« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2008, 01:36 pm by Bob in St. Louis »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Re: (2) Dayton ST385-8 15" Series II Woofers
« Reply #1 on: 5 Oct 2008, 05:39 pm »
« Last Edit: 20 May 2009, 09:03 pm by Bob in St. Louis »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Re: (2) Dayton ST385-8 15" Series II Woofers
« Reply #2 on: 6 Oct 2008, 08:48 pm »
« Last Edit: 20 May 2009, 09:03 pm by Bob in St. Louis »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Re: (2) Dayton ST385-8 15" Series II Woofers ($90 for both)
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2008, 01:19 pm »
I'm bumping this again for a price drop.

$90 for both drivers with the NEW gaskets, plus shipping to your location. I WILL absorb PayPal fee's.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2008, 10:48 pm »
Sale pending

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2008, 11:50 pm »
Darn! :wink:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 23 Oct 2008, 05:06 pm »
Back on the market........  :cry:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2008, 06:36 pm »
Hey Bob, I might take them and that box ... I know somebody who could use it!  PM or email me.  Is there more to that box? 

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #8 on: 23 Oct 2008, 06:53 pm »
I'll definately take it Bob, just talked to my Uncle and he wants it.  Now I just have to find some sheets of veneer big enough to cover the box  :scratch:

I could come by this weekend and pick it up.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 23 Oct 2008, 07:24 pm »
Cool! Thanks man!

Yea, there's more to the box. It's a completly finished six sided box made of MDF. Nothing fancy visually, or in it's construction other than a lot of glue and screws. The only goal I had during it's construction was for it to be very solid. Cosmetics where secondary. It's hard to "hide" a 2'X2'X4' box standing vertically in a corner, so I painted it with the same dary gray paint I used on my walls.
After removing the top and bottom caps several times (to change the location of the drivers), some of the screw holes stripped out, but it's still seals pretty well. The interior top and bottom cavities are lined in dense automotive carpet padding. The center chamber is not lined.
I wanted the flexability of being able to flip the unit upside down, so due to the fact the top has a 6" port in it, I build a base with a matching 6" hole that will raise the overall height another 5 to 7 inches or so.

I will air up the tires on my two wheeled cart.  :wink:
This won't fit in the trunk of any car, and it's very heavy, so bring an appropriate vehicle.

I looked around for more photo's of the box, and all I could find was this one taken a few years ago:
{way back there in the corner behind the tree}

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2009, 09:12 pm »
Bump.  :|

Ryan.
I've tried two or three different email address for you. I've tried to reach you through companies I know you've work for. Rumor has it you've fallen off the face of the Earth back in January. I know you've paid me for the drivers and the enclosure seven months ago but would like to get them out of my house.

Please respond via PM, email (in my signature), phone call (assuming you still have it) or through any of the St. Louis audio guys.

Doing anything with these items other than giving them to you is going to be a serious moral dilemma for me. I ask you don't cause me to make that decision. But I am REALLY tired of looking at this monster in my workshop.

Seven months dude. Come on man....

Thank you.
Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 24 May 2009, 03:39 pm »
Since January is the most recent date anybody I've talked to has last spoken to Ryan, in a slightly morbid act I decided to check the online St. Louis obituary section.

Didn't find Ryan.

Where are you dude?

Bob

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #12 on: 24 May 2009, 06:01 pm »
PM sent.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 24 May 2009, 06:24 pm »
Haven't received it yet. You must still be typing.  :wink:

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 24 May 2009, 06:25 pm »
Whoops, never mind. Wasn't a PM, it was an email.  :duh: :oops:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2009, 10:21 pm »
OK, so an email is not a personal message?

And can't it be both a personal message and a bump?

Geez, you try to help a guy......... :lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2009, 10:39 pm »
No, an email is not the same as a PM.  :nono:
I suppose given the current siuation, it could be considered a bump. I understand now, and I do appreciate that. At this point in time, I'd like to find the little fella and drop a big-assed speaker on his front porch.  :icon_twisted:

Thanks for the help man.  :thumb:

Bob

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 19 Jun 2009, 07:43 pm »
Bump to get the ad back on page one of the speaker section.

One of these days (very soon) the enclosure and my circular saw will have a chat together. Having to walk around it in the workshop has grown tiresome. I'll be sure to cut it up in small enough pieces to not make the garbage man unhappy.

The drivers, the new gaskets, the warranty papers and original receipt are still up for sale.
$90 plus shipping from 63051. I don't have the original boxes, but I do have a couple 15" driver specific shipping boxes with another manufacturers label on it.

Since I've already been paid for them, I'm really not looking to make another ninety bucks. It's been almost eight months since I've been paid, but the buyer has disappeared. So, as far as I'm concerned, "To Hell with him". Scott Clark had shown some interest in these for his "Junior Audiophile Class". Since I was laid off nine weeks ago, I don't have the money to pay shipping to send them to Scott. But if somebody wants to help Scott's class, and myself at the same time, I'd be willing to donate them as long as somebody else pays shipping.
I just want them gone.

Thanks for your time.
Bob

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #18 on: 19 Jun 2009, 08:25 pm »
Bob, I'll be happy to pay the shipping. Just let me know how much and where to send a check.
Scott

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #19 on: 19 Jun 2009, 08:42 pm »
Sorry fellas.....No more PMs to purchase the drivers please. I'm giving them to Scott.
In hindsite I shouldn't have bumped a 'for sale' thread, and offered them for donation at the same time :duh:
That was stupid.  :oops:

Scott, you'll have a PM soon.

Bob

EDIT: June 30th 2009......The drivers have arrived at Scotts. The enclosure has met it's demise.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2009, 05:16 pm by Bob in St. Louis »