That *One* Song

Demarche

Re: That *One* Song
« Reply #40 on: 31 Oct 2008, 10:33 pm »
drphoto, yes I very much dig the Joe, and agree 'Fuse" and 'Scar' are great albums. I highly recommend 'Civilians' as well. I have trouble with 'Tiny Voices' just can't get into it, a little too discordant for me I guess.  I will have to check out Tom McCrae, thanks for the recommendation.

"...but her fingers on your lips are like a penny for a fuse..."

Demarche

« Reply #41 on: 31 Oct 2008, 10:50 pm »
drphoto, I just checked out Tom McCrae's myspace page. Yes he sounds quite good. His voice reminds me a bit of Ellis Paul, if you're familiar with him. I also saw that Tom will be playing locally in a few weeks so I will try and check him out. Thanks again.

drphoto

« Reply #42 on: 31 Oct 2008, 11:05 pm »
Joe's "Short Man's Room" is good too. It's older and more fits into that 'no depression-alt. country' catagory he first go cast into.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was so excited to see another JH fan. I mean his some of his stuff is just amazing. Too bad "Fuse" only sold like 30K copies. (I think I bought four of them and gave them to friends) Of course, he probably made a few buck when Madonna covered "Stop/Don't Tell Me"  Actually, I thought her version was quite good. I remember being on a photo shoot in Las Vegas the first time I heard it on the radio and thought, 'wow, that's a really great song'. and that was before I discovered JH.

cheers

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #43 on: 1 Nov 2008, 05:57 am »
This one:

JoshK

« Reply #44 on: 3 Nov 2008, 03:06 am »
Metallica's Fade to Black is one of "those songs" for me. 

Others off the top of my head:

All along the Watch Tower - Jimi Hendrix (although Bob's version is alright)
Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty

geowak

« Reply #45 on: 3 Nov 2008, 03:41 am »
Jackson Browne "Sky blue and black"

He wrote the album "I'm Alive" after he broke up with DARYL HANNAH. Almost all the songs are about her and one is about John Kennedy Jr. and her. What a great piece of work by a talented singer/songwriter
in a melancholy mood.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #46 on: 4 Nov 2008, 01:18 pm »
Geo-  That IS a fine album, IMO.  Sound and content.   :beer:

PMAT

« Reply #47 on: 22 Nov 2008, 04:34 am »
Great thread, I just found it. I was just listening to the Narnia soundtrack and It gets to track 11 and 12 and holy crap, my skin was crawlin' and my nipples were taught as emotions welled up and washed over me again and again. Say nothing if you haven't heard it. Play it LOUD and watch out for driver flak, I didn't think my speakers would survive. How the hell do composers do that! Whew!

mvwhiting_83

• Ask me speaker related questions!
    • PMC Speakers
« Reply #48 on: 24 Nov 2008, 07:55 pm »
Easy - Achilles Last Stand....  The greatest epic ever bestowed on us by the gods themselves...  This is an indisputable fact.  To question otherwise is an act of heresy, those who dare to will be dealt with accordingly.

zapper7

• Its time to have fun, its fun to have time
« Reply #49 on: 24 Nov 2008, 08:20 pm »
Un-Break My Heart                  Toni Braxton

Current                                   Blue Man Group

orthobiz

« Reply #50 on: 7 Dec 2008, 11:23 pm »
Of course you mean WRITTEN by Harry Nilsson and performed by Three Dog Night.

That *One* Song

Of course it would have to be " One " by Three Dog Night .   :P  :wink:  :thumb:  aa  :duh:  :green:

orthobiz

« Reply #51 on: 7 Dec 2008, 11:27 pm »
801 Live...one of the best sounding live albums I've heard.

And if never heard it, nothing builds suspense like Tomorrow Never Knows!

Paul