Reference/evaluation system almost complete

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Reference/evaluation system almost complete
« on: 20 Sep 2008, 01:33 pm »
Below is a picture of our evaluation/reference system as it stands at the moment. As times allows, we will be inserting the Musica bella mono blocs into the system. We are also finalizing the new full dual mono Purity Extreme Balanced preamp which will also join the system in the forthcoming weeks.
 Once the dust settles, I will also be custom building a stereo pair of Danny's (GR-Research) dual woofer open baffle subwoofers. Below the pictures is a rundown of components.

** Preamp - Musica Bella Purity Linestage. Outfitted with NOS tubes
** Phono Stage - Custom Musica Bella MM stand alone phono stage w/NOS tubes.
** Amplification - Bella Extreme 3205 MKII Deluxe stereo amp
** Digital Playback - Audio Note CDT MK-II CD transport.
** DAC - Highly enhanced Audio Note Custom DAC 2.1 Deluxe Plus w/NOS tubes
** Loudspeakers - GR-Research custom built OB-7 Deluxe loudspeakers with custom outboard crossovers.
** Turntable - Audio Note TT-1 table with original arm and cartridge.
** Interconnect Cables - Musica Bella SG 24 Series I and Series II with Bybee Purifiers
** Digital Cable - Musica Bella SG 24 Digital
** Speaker Cables - Musica Bella SG 17 and SG 28 Silver/Gold foil cables used for bi-wire
** Power Cords - Eichmann power cord and power bloc, VH Audio Airsine x2 and Flavor 4 x2, Jam'n Audio Pro14S
** Accessories - All components resting on Bella Footers. Musica Bella Curly Maple platforms (amp stands). Eichmann power bloc and eXpress power. Running Springs Audio. Usher Audio solid Birch equipment rack

BobRex

Re: Reference/evaluation system almost complete
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2008, 03:03 pm »
Bill, how stable is that TT?  I think you'd do better swapping the CD transport and the turntable.  The CD will have its weight focused more on the pedestal than the tt can, so there will be less sway.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Reference/evaluation system almost complete
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2008, 03:12 pm »
Hi Bob,
 The stand that the TT is on has a solid marble base and weighs about 30 pounds. The upright and top shelf are solid Birch. The top piece is bolted to the top of the stand. (I dodn't want to put any holes in one of my 2" thick Curly Maple platforms)
 This is only temporary as I don't get a lot of vinyl listening time at the moment and wasn't expecting to have the TT in this particualr system. I have a Sistrum equipment rack fully equipped with Micro Bearing Steel and Audio Points with the TT top plate that will be going in when I have more free time.