Picked up the Extended cut of The Two Towers tonight

bubba966

« Reply #20 on: 23 Nov 2003, 10:54 pm »
Quote from: nathanm
It's just too bad they can't do the extended cuts in the theaters. :(  

Weeeeell, that's not entirely out of the question. True, it's not really possible to cram that much film on a platter. But it's fully possible for DLP.

And it's going to actually happen.  :D  I know for sure that in 100 screens around the country on 12/16 they're going to have a LOTR marathon. First up will be the extended cut of FOTR, then the extended cut of TTT, then the premire of ROTK. Though you're gonna need some serious cheese to see it like that. Tickets here have been sold out for quite some time. And the going eBay price is $250-$300 PER TICKET! :o F*** that! I'd rather just watch them on my setup. Much cheaper & much better quality...

What I don't know for sure is this. I know we're supposed to get the extended cut of TTT playing here the week before ROTK is released. And the extended cut of FOTR the week before that. But I don't know if that's happening anywhere else in the country.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #21 on: 23 Nov 2003, 10:58 pm »
I sure would've liked some, er, "bonus" footage of Liv Tyler!

I guess I really should actually read the books eventually.  Right now I'm reading the Dark Elf Trilogy (Drizzt' stories, Forgotten Realms), partly d/t the fact that the LotR flicks have gotten me back into a fantasy kick again.  You can definately see the fingerprints of Tolkien on all the fantasy stories that I've always considered 'classics'.

grub

« Reply #22 on: 24 Nov 2003, 06:54 am »
I really enjoyed the scene with Boromir and Faramir in the EE.  It seemed to add a lot of depth to Faramir's character, and it better explains his reasons for letting Frodo and Sam go (also, you get a sneak peak at Denethor and how much of a cock he can be).

Great DVD in my opinion.
-->grub

bob82274

« Reply #23 on: 25 Nov 2003, 12:04 am »
Has any one watched the Easter Egg on the first disk?

Really good stuff involving Golem.

How to get to it:

1) Go to the scene selection menu
2) Go to the last scene (scene 30)
3) Press down and a ring should be highlighted
4) Click it <--- i figured i should state the obvious

Peter Jackson will come up to explain whats goin on.  Enjoy :mrgreen:

bubba966

« Reply #24 on: 25 Nov 2003, 12:10 am »
Quote from: bob82274
Has any one watched the Easter Egg on the first disk?

Not yet. Though I was aware of it last week. I really should though as I've seen that before and was hoping it'd make it on the disc. :mrgreen:

nathanm

« Reply #25 on: 25 Nov 2003, 04:38 am »
Damn PG-13 rating...it could've been so much funniner without the bleeps...grrr.