Attn: All Bella Extreme 3205 owners - hardwood chassis conversions

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
For a limited time, we are offering a trade-up to a new custom built wood chassis with hardwired circuitry.

Details:
* Custom built hardwood chassis - Tell us what you want--ie; symetrical design with mains transformer in center or with mains tranny to left side as in our custom unit we showed a while back.
Cherry, Black Walnut, Bubinga standard --- Curly Maple or combination of woods additional
* Original mains and output transformers used from your unit
* Original circuit board is maintained. All copper tracing is removed and board is rebuilt using all point-to-point techniques. All new wiring is used throughout.
* New gold plated tube sockets
* All new resistors and coupling capacitors are used.
* New high quality output binding post
* All new RCA input jacks
* Cryogenic treated silver IEC (or power con connector) and fuse holder
* Original biasing technique maintained

What you end up with is a brand new unit with only your original transformers and in some situations, your coupling capacitors being used.

-- Signature units with new SoniCap Gen II coupling capacitors: $1795
 -- Platinum units with new SoniCap Platinum Teflon coupling capacitors $1895
 -- Reference units with new V-Cap Teflon coupling capacitors: $2200
 -- Platinum and V-Cap: $1795 if we can use coupling capacitors currently in your existing amplifier.
 -- JPS Alumiloy input signal wire - add $25
 -- Noble Volume control - add $40
 -- DACT attenuator - add $225

Due to our current work load. We are only accepting orders for 5 conversions. We can pre-built most of the chassis before sending in your amplifier to keep turnaround times to a minimum. Fisrt come, first serve.

With several hundred of these amplifiers out there, I will post on my website in a few days but wanted to give AC members first offerings. Please PM if interested or with any questions.

billc

Bill B,

Your new hardwood chassis for your audio equipment looks fantastic, stunning even.   :drool:

When I sought your services, to work your Jolida 3205 upgrade magic on my Jolida 502 in the past, I was amazed at the increased resolution and improvement in the sound of the already very good Jolida amp.  Now you have created an entirely new level of performance and appearance that intrigues me once again.  And this time the improvements are not just under the cover. 

Based on your photos, my perspective is that the wood chassis totally outclasses the standard metal chassis of most manufacturers.  Even those with thick metal frontplates designed to give a richer feel and upgraded appearance.  The woods you use and the resulting chassis look like a work of art compared to what appears as utilitarian industrial metal chassis from other equipment makers.  I am only hoping I see more of this trend toward natural materials that are functional as well as beautiful.  Very nice work !!!   If you happen to have a phono step up transformer that looks like the units you show in the photos on your other AC page (albeit smaller) put my name on it.   aa

Next, I am half expecting to see photo's of the sustainable forest you are growing behind your house to assure quality woods for future chassis...   :lol:

Bill C

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Hello Bill C.
 Thank you for the kind comments. I have had some inspiration in the chassis design lately and you have only seen the tip of the iceburg so far. Please don't judge the Purity amplifier chassis from the picture on the website as that chassis was never even intended to be used for an amplifier.

I will be posting some pictures of our prototype Musicale mono blocs in the forthcoming weeks which will give you a better indication of the possibilities.

Speaking of the Step-up transformers, here are a few to look at.

This first piece was recently finished and on it's way to a customer in Singapore. This is a chassis only as the customer will be installing his own step up transformers. I wish I could truly capture the finish of these pieces but these pictures will have to do. This piece has a Black Walnut top (3/4" thick) and 1/2" Cherry sides.

This next piece is almost complete and will be going to one of our AC members :wink: This piece is all Cherry. I have two more that I am building for AC members and will post pictures when they are complete.

A look at the back side.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Keeping the pricing the same, we have made some changes to the build. Now rather than using the original circuit board for layout, the entire unit will be built point-to-point wired.

We can also perform this service for owners of the original Jolida 302A/502A series amplifiers.

If you have the original MK I series, we will upgrade to the MK II if you so desire.

Details in BOLD below are new updates.

Details:
* Custom built hardwood chassis - Tell us what you want--ie; symmetrical design with mains transformer in center or with mains tranny to left side as in our custom unit we showed a while back.
Cherry, Black Walnut, Bubinga standard --- Curly Maple or combination of woods additional
* Original mains and output transformers used from your unit
* Original circuit board is maintained. All copper tracing is removed and board is rebuilt using all point-to-point techniques. All new wiring is used throughout.
*Original circuit board trashed and new circuit is built using all new point-to-point wiring.
* New gold plated tube sockets x 8 pieces
* All new resistors and coupling capacitors are used. (complete new circuit)
* New high quality output binding post (if you already have WBT binding post, we will retain these)
* All new RCA input jacks
* Cryogenic treated silver IEC (or power con connector) and fuse holder
* New high quality 10 turn potentiometers used for precise bias adjustment

What you end up with is a brand new unit with only your original transformers and in some situations, your coupling capacitors being used.

-- Signature units with new SoniCap Gen II coupling capacitors: $1795
 -- Platinum units with new SoniCap Platinum Teflon coupling capacitors $1895
 -- Reference units with new V-Cap Teflon coupling capacitors: $2200
 -- Platinum and V-Cap: $1795 if we can use coupling capacitors currently in your existing amplifier.
 -- JPS Alumiloy input signal wire - add $25
 -- Noble Volume control - add $40
 -- DACT attenuator - add $225
 -- New Hammond output transformers - add $275