A glimpse at our new Musica Bella Chassis - Curly Maple & Bubinga

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
The chassis shown below is of a chassis shortly after the clamps coming off. It is constructed of 1/2" solid Curly Maple with the accents being Bubinga. It has not even been sanded yet. It will receive several coats of high gloss Urethane.

This particular chassis will house our new Musica Bella 'Purity' tube preamp. There will be no knobs on this preamp as it is receiving our new full function remote stepped attenuator. The only thing that will be found on the face is a blue lens for the LED readout. The top (which is Maple veneer at the moment) will have a few 1" holes for ventilation. This is a tube preamp afterall.

Similar chassis can be built for our Purity stereo amplifier as well as our Musicale phono preamp and Musicale mono bloc (which will be narrower and longer). Many different wood options and combinations are available.

Here it is shown next to a custom version of our new Purity stereo amplifier. Some of you may remember the thread regarding this amp. I wanted to give you an idea of the size of the new chassis.

Big Red Machine

Bill, PM me if you're not ready to start quoting prices yet, but I'm interested in a linestage pre w/o too much tubiness to it.  Timing/availability is of interest to me.

Thanks.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
As a quick note, when I mentioned the top being "Maple veneer at the moment", this was because I will be building a new top out of 1/2" Curly Maple as well as one out of Bubinga as they are removable. They will be flush with the top as well. The current top is simply 1/4" ply that I applied the veneer to as I do not have any half inch Curly Maple or Bubinga here as my wood order is on back order. I have a lot of veneers laying around and just happend to have a few sheets of Maple.

I will post updated pictures as the chassis is further along.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Some updates:

Here are a couple pictures of the chassis after further Bubinga has been added to the bottom. It still has the temporary 1/4" top plate until I can get the flush mounted 1/2" piece built.

You can also notice a bit more of the Curly Maple grain in these pictures which will really stand out after finish is applied. The last two pictures were submitted simply so you can see how these woods look before and after some gloss urethane is applied.

Before

After

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
And now we install the blue lens. behind this will be the LED readout for the volume. There will also be two blue LEDs on the front for power of the main circuit and remote system.
Time to start sanding.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
And now after a single coat of urethane. There still needs to be a few more coats applied. The next set of pictures won't come now till she is up and running in our system which will also contain our Audio Note Custom DAC 2.1 Deluxe that is outfitted with the Curly Maple / Bubinga face plate as shown above.