BCD-1 Programmable functions

rob80b

BCD-1 Programmable functions
« on: 2 Aug 2008, 01:54 pm »
Just enjoying my new BCD-1, but I would like to now if three things could be programmed.
1.   Faster search times, I’ve a number of discs in which tracks are 30 minutes  or longer, my previous player could zip through them in a few seconds, I calculated the BCD-1 does about 1 minute in 10 seconds or 10x.
2.   Also I’ve noticed you cannot scan ahead when set to pause.
3.   On all previous players I’ve used quite often the A-B repeat function when analyzing a piece of music. This is where any segment of the disc can be repeated.

Robert
« Last Edit: 2 Aug 2008, 03:38 pm by rob80b »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BCD-1 Programmable functions
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2008, 02:01 pm »
Just enjoying my new BCD-1, but I would like to now if two things could be programmed.
1.   Faster search times, I’ve a number of discs in which tracks are 30 minutes  or longer, my previous player could zip through them in a few seconds, I calculated the BCD-1 does about 1 minute in 10 seconds or 10x.
2.   Also I’ve noticed you cannot scan ahead when set to pause.
3.   On all previous players I’ve used quite often the A-B repeat function when analyzing a piece of music. This is where any segment of the disc can be repeated.

Robert

Hi Robert,

Yes these are areas we will look at as we move forward. I believe most of them are do-able within the software.

james

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2008, 04:16 pm »
A similar feature that I always look for in a transport is the ability to rewind backwards from one song to the previous, so I can get to the end of a song more quickly than FF through a long track. Having multiple RR and FF speeds available by successive presses of the RR or FF button is valuable too.
Rich

rob80b

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2008, 03:04 am »
When the the LCD display is disabled it would be nice for it to illuminate for a few seconds when a function is pushed on the remote, for example time or any other function.
Another quirk I've found is when is that when fast forwarding on a single track that is longer than twenty minutes to get to section of music near the end the display starts substituting the numbers for letters and the BCD-1 will then freeze or produce an erratic behavior. I tried jumping to the next track and then fast rewinding but got similar results.

Robert
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2008, 12:07 pm by rob80b »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2008, 10:23 am »
When the the LCD display is disabled it would be nice for it to illuminate for a few seconds when a function is pushed on the remote, for example time or any other function.
Another quirk I've found is when is that when fast forwarding on a single track that is longer than twenty minutes to get to section of music ear the end the display starts substituting numbers for letters and the BCD-1 will then freeze or produce an erratic behavior. I tried jumping to the next track and then fast rewinding but got similar results.

Robert

Thanks for the feedback Robert I will pass it along to our software guy.

james