The future of the Bella Extreme 3205

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
The future of the Bella Extreme 3205
« on: 26 Jul 2008, 10:38 pm »
The Bella Extreme 3205 amplifiers have been very good to us over the years and continues to be a highly sought after product. As many have noticed and inquired about, we have been sold out of our 3205 amplifiers for some time and have not brought in any new chassis. There is a reason for this but I did not want to announce anything until I had full details.

The Bella Extreme 3205 as we know it now will change considerably. Other than the new MKII circuit design released in January 2007, this product has not seen much change since it's introduction back in 2000. During the time spent R&D'ing the new Musica Bella Musicale mono bloc amplifiers, we decided to incorporate much of the design into a new 3205 series.

I won't go into all the details in this post but the preliminary information is as follows.....

The new 3205 amplifiers will now be housed in a new custom made all wood chassis and use the same new transformers as used in the Musicale mono bloc amplifiers as well as going to 100% hardwired. No circuit boards. :thumb:

We will no longer offer an integrated version of the 3205. The only two options now will be a straight power amp or a single input going through a volume control. The volume control version was retained primarily for those who wish to bi-amp and want some control over the balance of the system as well as for those who will use only one source.

I am still undecided about keeping it under the "Bella Extreme' marque or bringing it over to the Musica Bella line-up along with our Musica Bella mono blocs and  preamps.

I am working on a new webpage and will post further details and pictures of the new chassis design as they develop. For those who have seen the Custom 3205 thread, the new amplifiers will look nothing like that so please don't make any cosmetic assumptions based on that thread.

Your questions are welcome.

pbrstreetgang

Re: The future of the Bella Extreme 3205
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jul 2008, 11:11 pm »
Awesome Bill, the 3205 is am awesome amp and worthy of taking to the next level. I think just the PTP wiring and wood chassis warrants a new product label, If it has an upgraded transformer then no reason I see why it cant transcend to the entry of the Musica Bella series.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: The future of the Bella Extreme 3205
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2008, 04:21 pm »
You are absolutely correct pbr.
 That being said, I will have new prototype mains transformers in the next few weeks. I figured if you're going to do something........go all the way. I want the next generation of these products to remain as popular as their predecessors have been for the past 8 years.