Long awaited Musica Bella 'Musicale' mono bloc tube amplifiers

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Taken from our website:

After several years of success for the Bella Extreme 3205 stereo tube amplifiers, Response Audio has listened to the countless number of inquiries that have poured in over the years to come out with a mono bloc design. We have listened to our customers and went to work designing this soon to be released addition to the Musica Bella lineup.

Response Audio introduces to you the Musica Bella 'Musicale' mono bloc vacuum tube amplifiers.

The voicing for these amplifiers has been completed and now working on building chassis and determining pricing. Once this is complete, we will start taking orders. We do have to build a few pair first for beta buyers and a reviewer.

« Last Edit: 4 Sep 2008, 12:27 pm by Response Audio »

rpf

Looks very interesting, Bill. I think we're going to have to talk.  :)

Rob

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Thanks Rob and thanks for the custom 3205 comment.
 Just as a heads up, the Musicale amplifiers will have a much better and classier chassis design than the custom 3205 as seen in my other post. That chassis was actually designed for a different application but the size was just right for an amplifier so I figured.....ahhh, what the heck.

I will post pictures of some Musicale amplifiers soon enough.

pbrstreetgang

Awesome Bill, The other chassis looks really good to me and the P T P wiring is my preference. Ill be looking into these to go alongside my Bella which still impresses me!

PS I will send you a pm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Thanks pbr. Very glad to hear you are still enjoying your 3205 amplifier. PM response sent.

billc

Bill,

I love my 3205, and this looks much better.  It looks like you have a winner on your hands.

I agree with pbr - i really like the point to point wiring too. 

And the wood. 

And mono blocks to boot.  Very cool.

Now I'm gonna have to find a new home for my 3205 !   :wink:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Hi Bill,
 Nice to hear from you. Hope things are going well for you this summer. The Musicale amplifiers were a long time coming as I have been receiving inquiries for a few years now to produce a mono bloc set up along with our 'Musicale' phono and dual mono preamplifiers (which are also point-to-point as well :green:).

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
As an update on the Musicale mono blocs and to answer a few questions that have come along, we will no longer be using the Chinese manufactured transformers originally used in our 3205 amplifiers. The 3205 amplifiers have been a great success for more than 8 years now but with the new 3205 MKII circuit introduced in January 2007 and other circuit enhancements, we decided to start looking at the iron. Now after many months of testing and measuring, further refinements have been made.

So....what will happen to the 3205?  I will start a new thread about what is in store for the Bella Extreme 3205 stereo amplifiers as we know and see it now. Stay tuned. aa

rpf

Bill, do you have any info you can share yet on the new transformers? Where they're made, how many Joules of energy storage, and anything else pertinent?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
do you have any info you can share yet on the new transformers?

The Musicale amplifiers will be recieving new output transformers as I have found the mains transformers to be of exceptional quality. I will post further information a bit later.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Long awaited Musica Bella 'Musicale' mono bloc tube amplifiers
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jul 2008, 04:24 pm »
The Musicale amplifiers will be recieving new output transformers as I have found the mains transformers to be of exceptional quality. I will post further information a bit later.

Please disregard that last statement. I have been speaking with my transformer designer and decided the Musicale and 3205 amplifiers deserve new mains as well. I should have prototypes up and running in the next few weeks  aa

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
To update the progress on the Musicale mono blocs, our prototypes will be up and running soon. These will not have the new transformers yet as we are using this pair to finalize the internal layout of the new circuit.

Bill, do you have any info you can share yet on the new transformers? Where they're made, how many Joules of energy storage, and anything else pertinent?

I will release this information in thenear future. All I can say at this time about where they are made is that the designer is involved and works with other amplifier companies of the highest integrity.

We all know that transformers are the heart and soul of a great tube amp design and we are not cutting any corners.

The Purity stereo amp and Purity preamplifier are complete and we are ready to start taking orders.

Purity Stereo amp

http://www.bellaextreme.com/purity%20amplifier.htm

Purity Preamp. One thing to keep in mind is that the Purity preamplifier will have a back lighting on the control knobs and the level indicator for the volume is lower luminance light.

http://www.bellaextreme.com/purity%20preamp.htm