Bugle power supply

jameshuls

Re: Bugle power supply
« Reply #20 on: 2 Dec 2008, 10:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply - I'll let you know when I am ready. As I am in Canada, I doubt free shipping would apply.

hagtech

« Reply #21 on: 5 Dec 2008, 07:17 am »
Free shipping is worldwide.  But I only send through post office.

jh

robertash

« Reply #22 on: 9 Dec 2008, 09:12 pm »
To the original poster, I too have noticed the exact same problem.  After 20 minutes of play, the sound distorts and fizzles out.  I am using the bugle power supply.  This just started happening last week out of the blue.  I've been using this setup for about four years now.  If I unplug the power supply and plug it back in, it's good for 20 minutes.  It also helps if I unplug the right channel + and - from the back of the cart, and put them back on...

I'm going to go over the Bugle and see if there are any cold joints, maybe replace what parts I do have on hand.  I just need to get my soldering gun back.  I'll report back at the end of next week.

Thank you,

Robert Mills.

hagtech

« Reply #23 on: 11 Dec 2008, 07:18 am »
Are you connecting the ground returns?

jh

robertash

« Reply #24 on: 12 Dec 2008, 06:27 am »
I'm not exactly sure if I know what you mean.  I'm using a Rega tonearm, so I don't have a dedicated ground.  I did notice I had the L and R ground's backwards on the cart, but I've corrected that.  Obviously something has changed.  I do have the tonearm wires soldered directly to the Bugle, (it's mounted on the bottom of my P2) maybe something has come loose.  I have time this weekend to go over everything, so I'm sure I'll stumble upon whatever's causing this.  I'll post what I find.

Thank you,

Robert Mills

robertash

« Reply #25 on: 13 Dec 2008, 02:29 am »
All right, I had three wires from the power supply to the Bugle, I added the fourth, and now everythings fine.

Thank you,

Robert Mills

jcg0322

« Reply #26 on: 13 Dec 2008, 02:31 am »
Robert,
Send me your power supply and I will send you a brand new one.
No charge.
Just pay the minimum shipping.
I will check it out and let you know.
Thanks,
Jack Gallagher

robertash

« Reply #27 on: 13 Dec 2008, 02:43 am »
Maybe I will, I'll get your information.  I'm getting 14.67 volts across the side I added the extra ground to, and exactly 15 on the other side.  When the issue was happening, I was getting 30 volts across the offending side.  Hmm. 

robertash

« Reply #28 on: 15 Dec 2008, 08:56 pm »
OK, well I'm simply going to replace the negative regulator.  I can get one at a parts store here in Winnipeg.

Again, I'll post what I find.