Tube Ampliflier Repair Shop in Dallas DFW

bkh

Tube Ampliflier Repair Shop in Dallas DFW
« on: 19 Jul 2008, 03:55 am »
I am looking for a reliable repair shop to service my Sonic Frontiers tube amplifier.

Any recommendation of high-end stereo repair shops in North Texas / Dallas area?

arthurs

Re: Tube Ampliflier Repair Shop in Dallas DFW
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2008, 01:14 pm »
I'd get in touch with Gary Dodd and see if he is doing repairs, he's pretty busy with his own line so you'll need to check on availability.  I doubt you'll find anyone more knowledgable in DFW on tube amps.

www.doddaudio.biz

bkh

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jul 2008, 05:13 pm »
Authurs - thanks for your recommendations.

My amp's standby light is out, and it should be a small and simple fix.  Instead of shipping the unit out to manufacturer (could cause more problems in shipping), I would prefer a local repair.   It would be nice to compile a list of reliable stereo repair shop so we audiophile in North Texas can share our experiences.  Thanks in advance. 

arthurs

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jul 2008, 05:24 pm »
If Gary is unavailable, Marvin Electronics in FW replaced a lamp on a Sunfire amp for me a few years back, cheap and quick.

PhenomeNhan

• PhenomeNhan Audio Video
« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2012, 12:20 am »
I was looking for someone in the DFW area.  I'm glad I found this thread.  I highly recommend Gary Dodd.  He is a true pro at this.  I had what I thought was amp and/or pre-amp issues, called Gary up, and brought my stuff over.  Gary did his thing quickly and thoroughly and found the central issue (was a bad cable in the chain somewhere in my setup).  I went home, plugged in the old set of cables, and I'm back in business.  I won't hesitate to use his services again!

Thanks for the recommendation, Art!  BTW, I forgot to tell Gary hi for you.  Between catching my breath while carrying 90+ lbs of amp and 60 lbs of pre-amp back and forth like a strong-man competition (for weaklings), and holding my breath in hope that $8K of gears were not damaged, I had forgotten to let Gary know :D

disco

• Industry Participant
    • Supra HiFi
« Reply #5 on: 30 Apr 2012, 05:41 pm »
Another excellent source in the D/FW area for gear repair is Frank Mufich of Mufich Audio. His phone # is (214)501-8496 and email is mufich@tx.rr.com. He does some great work, has some sweet test gear and is very knowledgeable.

nrenter

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2012, 03:19 am »
Frank has worked on 3 projects for me. Highly recommended.

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2012, 05:11 am »
Hey all, I am always available for repair work. Call me or email me anytime. Email is doddaudio@live.com or you can call me. Hm. 972-276-6865 or cell 214-682-9097.
I'll fix you right up. :thumb:
Gary

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2012, 05:22 am »
Another vote for Gary Dodd. :thumb:

mick wolfe

« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2012, 05:33 am »
Frank has worked on 3 projects for me. Highly recommended.

Frank recently did a very nice job updating  my CJ Prem. 3. Highly recommended again.

rcarlton

• Mr. Waddles listening to the K-horns.
    • Ron Carlton's webpage
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2012, 12:41 am »
Frank recently did a very nice job updating  my CJ Prem. 3. Highly recommended again.

Ditto...got my MAC1700 working again!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jul 2012, 01:19 am »
If Gary is unavailable, Marvin Electronics in FW replaced a lamp on a Sunfire amp for me a few years back, cheap and quick.
Stuart still running things at Marvin's?  As a retailer I think he was ahead of his time.  He was very young when he mastermined his dad into bringing on audio in his appliance store.  I think I read somehere that he is recognized in the business as a guru of sorts. 

brj

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jul 2012, 02:55 am »
Marvin's Electronics closed.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #13 on: 13 Jul 2012, 03:25 am »
Thanks, brj. 

Mills9000

« Reply #14 on: 15 Sep 2012, 05:27 pm »
I highly recommend Frank also.  He totally rebuilt my mc225. His rates are reasonable also.  He also has machinery for cutting/altering gear, besides test equipment.