FS: EXtreme ASL Hurricane Amplifiers - Three Pair (6 mono blocs)

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
 Yes, you read that right.........I have a customer that has SIX (3 pair) Extreme Hurricane 200 watt tube mono bloc amplifiers that were built about 2 years ago (all at the same time). These are being run in his system along with 8 other tube amps. The electric bill is starting to get tough to deal with.

He is selling the 6 Extreme Hurricanes (3 pair). They are being sent to me first to give them a check-up before going to their new owner(s). These are the aluminum chassis version just prior to the latest MKII version. Pentode/Triode switch.

Original price was $11,000 at the time. Asking price is $8,500 pair or $24,500 for all 3 pair

They will be supplied with Valve Art KT88 tubes and come with the remaining warranty. About three years.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Big Red Machine

Anybody here have any experience with these?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
IMHO, they are about as good as they get for high powered KT88/6550 amp.  There is something special about the mids and highs that these amp can bring out of my VMPS ribbons.  I am a sucker for vocals and these will do voices and reproduce the vocal timbre just right.  I wouldn't listen to Callas on CD before these.  They do really well with full size electrostats (Soundlab) too.  I had the stock amps and they were good but the extreme mod put them into a very special category.  You can roll NOS 6SN7s to flavor the sound a little too.  Highly recommended.

Big Red Machine

IMHO, they are about as good as they get for high powered KT88/6550 amp.  There is something special about the mids and highs that these amp can bring out of my VMPS ribbons.  I am a sucker for vocals and these will do voices and reproduce the vocal timbre just right.  I wouldn't listen to Callas on CD before these.  They do really well with full size electrostats (Soundlab) too.  I had the stock amps and they were good but the extreme mod put them into a very special category.  You can roll NOS 6SN7s to flavor the sound a little too.  Highly recommended.

Thanks.  I have never owned a KT amp before so have no idea what it would do in my system.  I don;t mind the heat in my basement room and I love lots of power.  I'll have to give Bill a call.

Big Red Machine

ANy photos of the backside of the unit?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Do you see my avatar?  KT88's aglow in the dark!  You can get mesmerized just staring at the glowing tubes.  :wink:

Bill has pictures on his site.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Anybody here have any experience with these?

These are the big brother to Bella Extreme 100's and assuming they have the house sound (with improved dynamics, power, etc...) they are something special.

They are not the old lush and warm tube sound, but rather combine a very liquid and dimensional sound with a clarity and detail that is frankly outstanding!  Woodsyi is correct when he says that the amps will excel at vocals, but I also felt they were great across the board, especially in providing the layering and texture of the music.

I really couldn't find any weaknesses in the amps. 

I know the person who bought my Bella Extreme 100's is very happy.

George