Mounting options for Panoramas

thugh

Mounting options for Panoramas
« on: 15 Jul 2008, 09:30 pm »
Long time since posting but the reason for that is that I'm so happy with my speakers I have had no reason to look!

So I moved into a new house a year ago and am finally getting to the theater.  My system is 6 Panoramas and a Essence Center with a Maestro and 2 Titans.  The surround and rear Panoramas are currently on custom stands but I'm looking to ceiling mount or wall mount them.  As you know they are heavy!  53lbs.  I've seen some commercial mounts that require a mounting plate or drilling into the cabinets such as those from Omnimount.

So the question is, is this a workable solution? Are the cabinets think enough (they seem it)?  Are their other options as I don't want to have to drill unless I have to?

Thanks!

DR

• The Man
Re: Mounting options for Panoramas
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2008, 11:34 pm »
Two Titans and a Maestro? Being in your theatre for a low frequency explosion might cause one to soil oneself.   :green:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2008, 12:15 pm »
Tom:

You can attach directly to the Panorama cabinets if you want. You should use 4 screw mounting into the rear of the cabinet. Use the largest screws that work with the mounting plate you choose.  Use 1" length.  There are also a number of designs that are more of a platform, some with clamping arrangement.  Because of the weight, you will need to make sure that the wall side of the bracket has enough holding power. That will likely be large screws directly into studs.

There are quite a number of on-line sources for various brackets, try googling "speaker brackets" or speaker wall mounts" etc. 

Yes DR, a Maestro and pair of Titans should provide some pretty serious low-frequency foundation :)

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2008, 12:37 pm »
Here's one that might do it, right at the weight limit:

http://www.btech-usa.com/bt77.html

thugh

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2008, 05:07 pm »
Here's one that might do it, right at the weight limit:

http://www.btech-usa.com/bt77.html

Awesome Mike!  Thank you very much!

Hope all is well.

thugh

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jul 2008, 05:10 pm »
Two Titans and a Maestro? Being in your theatre for a low frequency explosion might cause one to soil oneself.   :green:

It definitely does not leave me wanting at all!  And actually works extremely well with music as too.

The Maestro is set up for LFE and Titans are set up for left and right duty using Lexicon's stereo sub algorithms. Quite a treat!