New Policy! No International Sales of Subwoofer Drivers.

Kevin Haskins

I'm updating my policy.   I'm not shipping subwoofers across either ocean any longer, under ANY circumstance.     

Why?

Well.... it is pretty simple.  Shipping these things cost more than the price of the driver.   Lets say your $185 subwoofer, which you paid $150 to ship ends up with a warranty issue.   What then?  Well.... it certainly isn't cost effective to send it back so I can verify there is an actual problem.   Once you do, and I find there is either a problem (or not), then I have to turn around and send a replacement unit.   

This entire snafu can end up costing $600-$800 and I've had a situation where there is NOTHING wrong with the driver.   The customer had a problem upstream in the system.     

I'm just not in a position where this makes any sense.   I have a distributor in Australia if you are in NZ or Oz. (www.audiomarketplace.com)    I have another distributor in Sweden if you need product in Europe (www.streamingaudio.se

USE THEM!!!!  It is money well spent.   You won't save money by trying to circumvent them.

JohnR

Re: New Policy! No International Sales of Subwoofer Drivers.
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2008, 08:05 am »
Heh, normally the word "distributor" sends a chill up my spine because Aussie distributors traditionally have completely insane markups... however this one seems very reasonable considering the shipping costs :thumb:

Now about that 10" dipole on special - has it been tried in a "W" layout?

Kevin Haskins

Re: New Policy! No International Sales of Subwoofer Drivers.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2008, 02:09 pm »
Heh, normally the word "distributor" sends a chill up my spine because Aussie distributors traditionally have completely insane markups... however this one seems very reasonable considering the shipping costs :thumb:

Now about that 10" dipole on special - has it been tried in a "W" layout?

Stuart is a pretty good egg, I think you will find he is working with an entirely reasonable mark-up.    People don't realize the value of having bought from a local distributor until they need them.   

I'm sure someone has used them in a "W" but I've not seen anything out of the net or posted on a forum yet.