So......When are YOU getting a projector?

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: So......When are YOU getting a projector?
« Reply #40 on: 2 Jul 2008, 05:23 pm »
I know you're the moderator...  That was the joke!  Sure, my jokes may often be difficult to recognize since by and large I'm the only one amused by them, but still... :)
:lol: Understood. I have a sense of humor only I can recognize at times too. LOL

Dan, I agree that it doesn't sound like you've got an ideal situation/setting for a FP.
Maybe someday when the new house comes.  aa

Bob

nicksgem10s

Re: So......When are YOU getting a projector?
« Reply #41 on: 11 Jul 2008, 01:36 am »
Jeffrey,

That is the photo and it is stunning above our fireplace.  I get a lot of comments on the photo.  It is my favorite photograph in our home and one of the best photos I have had the pleaure of viewing.

I also wanted to ask you about the noise generated by your new Epson 1080.  Is it noticeable from where you are sitting during the movie?

That is one projector I plan on researching more when I make the next pj purchase.

There is no way I can be as involved with a film when watching it on a smaller screen.  I find using a large screen & high quality projector to be a completely enveloping experience that brings me into the movie and grabs my attention much more than on smaller displays such as my 57" rear projection tv in my family room.

It is also a huge plus that my wife loves watching movies on the big screen with me  :thumb:

Thanks,

Nick