CD purchases for the BCD1

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: CD purchases for the BCD1
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jun 2008, 01:15 am »
Cool. So the BCD-1 can get close to SACD?

bummrush

« Reply #21 on: 29 Jun 2008, 01:30 am »
Heres the deal if you have a halfway decent cd player like i said before redbook cd is more then fine,but not a good player ,equals not good sound.

vegasdave

« Reply #22 on: 29 Jun 2008, 01:32 am »
Cool, thanks.  8)

bummrush

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2008, 01:48 am »
I  cant afford new,but you rest assured if and even when any pop up used ,i will seriously be looking,it really does sound like a outstanding product,give em credit for not gouging the consumer,really even new the price doesnt seem bad,and i think we have all seen outrageous prices on mediocre products.Plenty of life left in redbook.

smerlas

« Reply #24 on: 29 Jun 2008, 03:33 am »
Oddly they do pop up used.  I have seen them on Audiogon from time to time but they go fast.

I am so happy with mine that I will probably pick another one up to cue up the next disk and as a backup.

You can't touch anything close to it for the cost of one new.  The only down side is the extra money you will spend expanding your CD library to take advantage of all it has to offer.  :lol:

I have a feeling picking up a second BCD1 will be down the road a little bit.  Right now I am wrestling with upgrading the 4BSST to either a pair of 7BSSTs or a 14BSST.  I am kind of hoping that if I ignore that little voice it will go away ............ however the reality is it usually wins.  :lol:

Mag

« Reply #25 on: 30 Jun 2008, 06:07 am »
Updated re-mastered list:

ELP- Show that Never Ends
ELP- Pictures at an Exhibition
Rush- Exit Stage Left
Rush- Hemisphere's
Rainbow- On Stage
Pink Floyd- Pulse
Deep Purple- Made in Japan
Deep Purple- In Rock
Iron Butterfly- In-a-godda-da-vida
Led Zeppelin- Song Remains the Same disc I
Iron Maiden- Powerslave

I processed Exit Stage Left and In-a-godda-da-vida a second time.
How good are these RM? Played back at 100 db 'C' weighted that's approx. 93-95 db 'A' weighted. I feel I've been transported back in time to the actual concerts, it's that good!
 :guitar: :drums: :guitar: :rock:

vegasdave

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jun 2008, 06:43 am »
So, all of these cds are remasters, true?

How are your speakers handling the high levels?

I'm listening to heavy metal right now! Iron Maiden-'Piece of Mind' On VINYL. heh. :icon_twisted:

The BP6P phono stage is superb!

What's great about Bryston equipment is that all genres of music sound good with it.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 30 Jun 2008, 10:24 am »

I'm listening to heavy metal right now! Iron Maiden-'Piece of Mind' On VINYL. heh. :icon_twisted:

What's great about Bryston equipment is that all genres of music sound good with it.

Hi Dave,

As an aside the review that is coming out tomorrow on the 2B SST talks about using the BP6 preamp as well.

"Along with the amp, I was sent the BP-6C preamp, a slim, single-ended beauty. If the amp is pretty, the preamp is her sexy sister. This was not for a formal review, but just to check out the synergy between the two products. With the generous help of Audience, I was able to obtain some unbalanced interconnects to use with the two.

"Soft loud" is a term I’ll coin to describe when you turn something up and it simply immerses you deeper into the soundfield. It seduces you into turning up the music even more. It's not that you have to -- you want to. "Hard loud" is when you turn something up and your ears signal, OK, that’s enough! The BP6C and 2BSST welcomed me to the world of soft loud. More volume was more thrill with no penalty. Here was real synergy! And while this wasn't a review of the preamp, I will say that I think it’s a little gem.

In combo I heard greater depth too. This was a world-class pair. Match these with the right source and speakers and you’ll be mighty, mighty happy."

« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2008, 12:15 pm by James Tanner »

Mag

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2008, 02:52 pm »

Restored would be a better word. Through the use of the BCD-1 the surface dirt & grim has been removed to reveal the painting underneath.

The speakers are being worked no doubt about that. But I'm only worried about my B&W DM601 S3 which I use as front main along with my Studio 100's. They are set to large and I have the bass routed to these as well as the sub. They haven't fried yet and have been in this configuration for quite awhile.

With my new Yamaha RX-V1700 I had to add the presence speakers back in to get the YPAO to work. So I'm back up to ten speakers plus a sub. My manual setting for MC stereo was almost identical to the YPAO adjustment. The YPAO however corrected the balance and speaker distance.

bummrush

« Reply #29 on: 30 Jun 2008, 03:18 pm »
What's great about Bryston equipment is that all genres of music sound good with it    If a component favors one type of music over another,I'd say its time to ditch the trouble maker,well this sounds good with ,and that only sounds good with this is nothing but bs.Top line from another poster i didnt get quotes in there like i should have.

vegasdave

« Reply #30 on: 1 Jul 2008, 12:24 am »

Hi Dave,

As an aside the review that is coming out tomorrow on the 2B SST talks about using the BP6 preamp as well.

"Along with the amp, I was sent the BP-6C preamp, a slim, single-ended beauty. If the amp is pretty, the preamp is her sexy sister. This was not for a formal review, but just to check out the synergy between the two products. With the generous help of Audience, I was able to obtain some unbalanced interconnects to use with the two.

"Soft loud" is a term I’ll coin to describe when you turn something up and it simply immerses you deeper into the soundfield. It seduces you into turning up the music even more. It's not that you have to -- you want to. "Hard loud" is when you turn something up and your ears signal, OK, that’s enough! The BP6C and 2BSST welcomed me to the world of soft loud. More volume was more thrill with no penalty. Here was real synergy! And while this wasn't a review of the preamp, I will say that I think it’s a little gem.

In combo I heard greater depth too. This was a world-class pair. Match these with the right source and speakers and you’ll be mighty, mighty happy."

Wow, nice review. Thanks for that, James. I would definitely agree with the reviewer. However, my speakers can get a little irritatiing at real high levels sometimes.

vegasdave

« Reply #31 on: 1 Jul 2008, 12:25 am »

Restored would be a better word. Through the use of the BCD-1 the surface dirt & grim has been removed to reveal the painting underneath.

The speakers are being worked no doubt about that. But I'm only worried about my B&W DM601 S3 which I use as front main along with my Studio 100's. They are set to large and I have the bass routed to these as well as the sub. They haven't fried yet and have been in this configuration for quite awhile.

With my new Yamaha RX-V1700 I had to add the presence speakers back in to get the YPAO to work. So I'm back up to ten speakers plus a sub. My manual setting for MC stereo was almost identical to the YPAO adjustment. The YPAO however corrected the balance and speaker distance.

Ok, that's cool. My speakers get a good workout too, with the 4B of course.

vegasdave

« Reply #32 on: 1 Jul 2008, 12:26 am »
What's great about Bryston equipment is that all genres of music sound good with it    If a component favors one type of music over another,I'd say its time to ditch the trouble maker,well this sounds good with ,and that only sounds good with this is nothing but bs.Top line from another poster i didnt get quotes in there like i should have.

I concur.

smerlas

« Reply #33 on: 1 Jul 2008, 01:22 am »

And there you have it  8) .................... why I am contemplating upgrading my 4BSST to either a pair of 7s or a 14.  Not for increased volume persay but to be "immersed deeper into the soundfield"

vegasdave

« Reply #34 on: 3 Jul 2008, 09:04 am »
I definitely would upgrade, but it's up to you of course.

The 4B is no slouch as you know.