Hot Day.... A Cool Drink....

Bemopti123

Re: Hot Day.... A Cool Drink....
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:41 am »
Easy recipe:

Fill a small "bullet" type blender with ice and add
brewed coffee from the coffee maker ( that is about a day old, or what you had from breakfast.)
Ice to fill
1/2 and 1/2 milk to taste
Add sugar to taste.

blend well.

Drink and chill.

A South American variation:

Same bullet container, add ice.
Then, instant coffee to taste.
Sugar.
Water.
Blend like hell.

It will be cool, it will have some foam that comes from the water and ice mixture, much like a latte without the cow factor on it.

By "bullet blender" I mean:

Enjoy.

Bemopti123

« Reply #21 on: 10 Jun 2008, 03:53 am »
Get 1/2 gallon of water, filtered please.
Bring to boil.
Turn off the fire. 
Get 5 tea bags of your preference....I did a "Ginko Biloba" leaf tea, that I felt was undrinkable warm.  I stepped it, to give the water color but not to overpower it with a bitter tea taste. 
Cool it.
Get a 1/2 gallon bottle, I used a container that had some Apple Cider on it, very well cleaned.  Filled the bottle with the tea in question. 
Put in the fridge.  When about to drink it, if I wanted it to be a tiny bit sweet, I put about a tablespoon of sugar/sweetener to about 16 ounces of tea. 
Now, try that in comparison to those "Fancy" organic/herbal tea bottles that sell for about $2 or more.  :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jun 2008, 04:05 am »
Thanks Paul... :wink:

I was checking out the Magic Bullet......what do you think of it? Thanks.... :thumb:

Zero

« Reply #23 on: 10 Jun 2008, 04:06 am »
*removes clothes*  *has a drink of ice water*

Your welcome.

pedrillo

« Reply #24 on: 10 Jun 2008, 04:32 am »
I am into health and would like to share what I have learned.
If craving for water is lost or water doesn't taste good it may mean low levels of minerals.
A good solution is celtic sea salt mixed with fresh squeezed lemonade.
Celtic sea salt contains more than 80 trace minerals that are not found elsewhere.
All salt at one time had these minerals until greedy industries took over the salt mines and sold off the trace minerals for greater profits at the expense of humanities' health.
Our salt craving shows up when we reach for potato chips, which doesn't satisfy our deficiency for the trace minerals.
Another way of determinig dehydration or mineral deficiencies is by the color of our urine. Clear urine is low minerals, brown or dark yellow is dehydration.
The celtic sea salt can be used with food or other drinks.
When I help friends with health, salt is probably the first and most important to learn, without those trace minerals our bodies suffer.
Sorry for the long speech. :duh:

mjosef

« Reply #25 on: 10 Jun 2008, 05:36 am »
After 6,000 years my grandfather said drink hot tea when it's a hot day.
Kinda like fight fire with fire.
The Logic: drinking anything cold (many degrees below body temp.) forces the body to boost its temperature to deal with the cold liquid invasion, which it has to heat up to the body's temperature before it can process it. So you actually make yourself hotter.
Inside: The blood flow decelerate away from the stomach, your hear rate drops.
Outside: The hot tea makes you sweat, which as it evaporates cools down the body

Mhnnn.... :argue:

JoshK

« Reply #26 on: 10 Jun 2008, 11:48 am »
Sangria for alcoholic drinks. 

I like iced americanos for non-al.   

SwedeSound

« Reply #27 on: 10 Jun 2008, 12:26 pm »
Chris,

This goes back to my days as a young boy working as a caddie on sweltering summer days in Minnesota. The golfers always grabbed a large glass of this at the snack shack between 9s and I started picking up on the habit:

"Arnold Palmer"
Fill a tall glass with ice
Fill glass halfway with unsweetened iced tea
Fill remaining half with fresh-squeezed lemonade
(some add a little sugar or a packet of favorite sweetener to taste)

Stir and enjoy!!!

-Jason

Bemopti123

« Reply #28 on: 10 Jun 2008, 12:48 pm »
Thanks Paul... :wink:

I was checking out the Magic Bullet......what do you think of it? Thanks.... :thumb:

I have got a Korean version of it, and it is very simple to use.  It grinds ice like a champ.  The catch, when you get it, you need to fill the container up to about 80% and then ensure that the blade part and the cup are well squeezed together.  If this is not followed, there is a possibility that part of the mixture can leak out and move down to the motor section.  This bullet type of mixers do not have a switch, they begin working or not by simply pressing the container against 3 switches that press back.  Then the motor actuates.

When I got some of the slew or mix out of the container and traveled to the switches, I had them stick, thus making the blender stay "on."  I opened it, unplugging it first, and cleaned sections with several q-tips.  Anyway, if you make sure that the blade part and the cup were well squeeze fit together and DO NOT OVERLOAD the cup, 100% of the times, you will be fine. 

This bullet blender is EASY to clean and very easy to use in all other culinary applications.  BTW, I threw out my old Oster blender with its bad engine and heavy glass jar a while back when I moved. 

Paul

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #29 on: 11 Jun 2008, 01:14 am »
Thanks Paul for the info... :thumb:

pedrillo

« Reply #30 on: 11 Jun 2008, 02:58 am »
Another thing to consider is the temperature nature of food. Based on chinese medicine which I found to be real, each food has a warming or cooling effect on the body or neutral. Each food also has a direction, it moves the chi up, down, inward or outward!
For summer months citrus fruits are defenitely the better choice,  while on the other extreme lamb is suitable for winter months because it is warming. Try eating lamb in the summer, if you listen to your body it will resist lamb. It's ba ba ba bad. While chicken is not as warming. And defenitely avoid citrus in the winter except in Florida
One way of easily determining which foods are suitable is by looking at the environment. You will never see citrus growing in alaska, and blubber in the tropics, actually blubber doesn't grow you see I proved my point!!!!!!!!
Also calcium is needed in northern climates to change the viscosity of blood to deal with the cold. That's why europeans eat cheese milk and yogurt in the north while the south does foods with vitamin c which thins the blood to deal with the heat!
This is what should be taught in our schools instead of history or religion(all designed to stir hatred & to distract us from the real enemy). Neutrality great mask!