BRYSTON BCD-1

drummermitchell

BRYSTON BCD-1
« on: 7 Jun 2008, 02:37 am »
Hi guys,just picked up  my BCD-1(19'BLACK).I didn't even play a whole track(Lee Ritenours,Bahai funk #8)
PUNCHY BOTTOM END,MORE SPACE,3D if you like.I was using a benchmark Dac-1 on my FMJ-139.the BCD-1 is way more analog sounding to me.The Bryston left that Dac on a backroad some where,and I've only had her for a couple of hours.The build quality is Superb,same with the remote.I'm totally impressed.I even auditioned
a Audio research CD-7(8300.00)and to my ears,I preferred the BCD-1,MUSICALLY and the price difference.
To me if the Cd-7 was way more musical,TO MY EARS,I would have bought her.I had a Symposium ultra that was pretty lonely,That's where the BCD-1 is perched now.Time to spin some more discs in to the wee,wee hrs. :D :D :D :D :D

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: BRYSTON BCD-1
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2008, 11:51 am »
Hi guys,just picked up  my BCD-1(19'BLACK).I didn't even play a whole track(Lee Ritenours,Bahai funk #8)
PUNCHY BOTTOM END,MORE SPACE,3D if you like.I was using a benchmark Dac-1 on my FMJ-139.the BCD-1 is way more analog sounding to me.The Bryston left that Dac on a backroad some where,and I've only had her for a couple of hours.The build quality is Superb,same with the remote.I'm totally impressed.I even auditioned
a Audio research CD-7(8300.00)and to my ears,I preferred the BCD-1,MUSICALLY and the price difference.
To me if the Cd-7 was way more musical,TO MY EARS,I would have bought her.I had a Symposium ultra that was pretty lonely,That's where the BCD-1 is perched now.Time to spin some more discs in to the wee,wee hrs. :D :D :D :D :D

Hi Drummer,

Glad your enjoying it- nice thing is give it a few more days of play time and it just keeps getting better and better!

james