Bryston Products Used by Others

Gary Listen

• Listen Law Office
Bryston Products Used by Others
« on: 3 Jun 2008, 09:06 pm »
James, I generally try to avoid mentioning products other than Bryston (or Torus) in this forum.  There are other forums available for that.  However, twice in the past 24 hours I have come across the Bryston name in use with or in connection with other products.  I sent you an email regarding the SE2 Labs ITC One, which uses Bryston surround sound processing.  I just read an article about Dolby Labs' headquarters in San Francisco.  It indicated that in their "codec killer room" (their specially designed room used for critical listening) that they used five Revel Ultima Studio speakers along with a Paradigm subwoofer and a "stack" of Bryston power amps to drive the speakers.

Would that be mono 7B-SST's or possibly 28B-SST's?

I find it very interesting to hear about the use of Bryston products by other well respected companies.  Do you have a list of such companies?  I think it speaks very highly about Bryston products.

By the way, I have had no problems driving my Revel Ultima Studio2s with my 4B-SST or 6B-SST (However, I generally only listen at moderate volumes).  I still want to get a pair of 7B-SSTs for that task though.

Thanks,

Gary

niels

Re: Bryston Products Used by Others
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2008, 09:32 pm »
There is this on the Bryston netsite : http://www.bryston.ca/user1.html

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2008, 09:45 pm »
James, I generally try to avoid mentioning products other than Bryston (or Torus) in this forum.  There are other forums available for that.  However, twice in the past 24 hours I have come across the Bryston name in use with or in connection with other products.  I sent you an email regarding the SE2 Labs ITC One, which uses Bryston surround sound processing.  I just read an article about Dolby Labs' headquarters in San Francisco.  It indicated that in their "codec killer room" (their specially designed room used for critical listening) that they used five Revel Ultima Studio speakers along with a Paradigm subwoofer and a "stack" of Bryston power amps to drive the speakers.

Would that be mono 7B-SST's or possibly 28B-SST's?

I find it very interesting to hear about the use of Bryston products by other well respected companies.  Do you have a list of such companies?  I think it speaks very highly about Bryston products.

By the way, I have had no problems driving my Revel Ultima Studio2s with my 4B-SST or 6B-SST (However, I generally only listen at moderate volumes).  I still want to get a pair of 7B-SSTs for that task though.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Yes the Dolby headquarters uses 4B's and 7B's.  In fact many of the engineers working for Dolby have our products in their personal systems.

Actually there are many, as you say, well respected companies using Bryston. The list on the website is a little old - I should do a better job of keeping it up.

Generally speaking in the professional world of audio - studios. soundstages etc. Bryston is considered the best of the best if (and this is a big if) sound quality is what your after. I believe we can hold our heads high because I think the more knowledgeable the buyer the more Bryston is considered to be the amplifier of choice.

Two areas where we are used that many may not be aware of is in the OMNIMAX theaters around the world and all of the Flight Simulators made by CAE.

james

smerlas

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2008, 01:09 am »
James,

I would encourage the updating of the list on the Web-site.  It was as instrumental, if not more so, than the reviews in my ultimate decision to pursue purchasing Bryston equipment.  I found the musician's on the list more interesting than the studios.  Bryston appears to have a large number of studios as well in the US.

It is one thing to read a reviewer's comments regarding accuracy for reproduction.  It speaks even larger volumes when musician's use the gear.

Smerlas

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2008, 01:35 am »
James,

I would encourage the updating of the list on the Web-site.  It was as instrumental, if not more so, than the reviews in my ultimate decision to pursue purchasing Bryston equipment.  I found the musician's on the list more interesting than the studios.  Bryston appears to have a large number of studios as well in the US.

It is one thing to read a reviewer's comments regarding accuracy for reproduction.  It speaks even larger volumes when musician's use the gear.

Smerlas

Point taken.

james

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #5 on: 5 Jun 2008, 08:43 am »
James,

Smerlas

I concur. It would be very interesting to see which of my favorite bands/artists use Bryston!

I think Ozzy Osbourne does, but I'm not sure...

Stu Pitt

« Reply #6 on: 6 Jun 2008, 06:28 pm »
What would also be nice is if the list was broken down into different groups.  Artists, studios, venues, etc.  Sorry to point to a different company, but ATC speakers does this and I think its far easier to read...

http://www.flatearthaudio.com/user_list.html