ModWright Transporter Tube Rolling Thread.....!

Tyrro

• 5th note design studio
Re: ModWright Transporter Tube Rolling Thread.....!
« Reply #780 on: 13 Feb 2009, 08:26 pm »
You're right, I do offer to try them but you have to buy them :) Sorry, can't do a free trial.

Well, I wasn't imposing with what/which tube it will compete, just offering some tubes for you guys to try - you decide with what it will compete.

If you are talking about trying them out, I am sure Ted, David, or me would take a pair to try out.  I can compare them to the best 6SN7's out there.

I thought you were talking about selling them, so that is why I made my previous post.

George

dmatt

« Reply #781 on: 13 Feb 2009, 08:28 pm »
Thanks for the info, George.  Good to know about Brent's reputation.  This is all good stuff for me to refer to when I get my Transporter modified.

David

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #782 on: 13 Feb 2009, 08:36 pm »
Yes, Brent is a good guy with a good rep, and a good ear.  I'm gonna be a guinea pig on these Russian boys from Tyrro (he and I PM'd).  I'll report back.  My VT-231 RCA's are 90-95% of the round plates (but that next 5-10% is pretty damn good!!).  I won't have the round plates to a/b but I remember well enough......who couldn't.   :D

mikel51

« Reply #783 on: 14 Feb 2009, 04:27 pm »
well I can't wait for the 6sn7 adapters to become available.  I did install the mesh plate, and even my wife dug it...she commented that this was one mighty good tube...she never did that before.

I have lots of 6sn7s that I have been collecting for my bat vk75se.  raytheons, sylvania 6sn7w variants, tung-sol mouse ears, tung sol 6sn7w, ken rad vt231--I'm not sure how I will listen to them all.  nor tung sol round plates (yet)

rydenfan

« Reply #784 on: 14 Feb 2009, 07:43 pm »
Just waiting on the info for payment from George (TubesUSA) and then I will be joining the EML crew  :thumb: I hope to have it by midweek.

Philistine

« Reply #785 on: 14 Feb 2009, 07:55 pm »
Just waiting on the info for payment from George (TubesUSA) and then I will be joining the EML crew  :thumb: I hope to have it by midweek.

Great news David - knew we'd get you in the end :icon_twisted: 
Have your TS 6SN7's arrived yet?

Bigfish

« Reply #786 on: 14 Feb 2009, 08:06 pm »

Sorry David!  I guess we hooked you on the EML Mesh 5U4G just as you, Ted and George have us all hooked on the 6SN7's.   :lol:

Ken

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #787 on: 14 Feb 2009, 08:10 pm »
Payback's a bitch!   :D

rydenfan

« Reply #788 on: 14 Feb 2009, 08:48 pm »

Great news David - knew we'd get you in the end :icon_twisted: 
Have your TS 6SN7's arrived yet?

Yes, my 6SN7's are here and I am just waiting on some adapters to put them to good use  :D

My EML is now ordered so I look forward to hearing it and comparing it against my HW GZ37  :thumb:

Wayne1

« Reply #789 on: 14 Feb 2009, 10:22 pm »
David,

Your adapters were shipped out yesterday. You get the first of the new design.

George and Ted's will be shipped on Monday.

I will tentatively say that adapters should be available for purchase by the end of the month.

Now which one of you want to try out a pair of Octal adapters with Bybees inside?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #790 on: 14 Feb 2009, 10:41 pm »
David,

Your adapters were shipped out yesterday. You get the first of the new design.

George and Ted's will be shipped on Monday.

I will tentatively say that adapters should be available for purchase by the end of the month.

Now which one of you want to try out a pair of Octal adapters with Bybees inside?

Wayne,

How the heck do you fit Bybees inside?

Which Bybees are you thinking of using?

George

Berto

« Reply #791 on: 15 Feb 2009, 12:04 am »
 Luv the Icon Zybar, are you getting ready for #27 World Championship and my buddy has season tix to new stadium, should be fun year. Now we just need a steroid that prevents A-rod from chokin in the playoffs..lol (d.letterman top ten)

Jammin to my new MWTP and yes was thin out of the box but 48hrs later of non-stop playing it is sounding more and more musical. Besides at the audio shows Ive never heard a audio source with such clarity/detail. Gonna give it a solid 200hrs or so before I do a serious comparison against stock unit.  Been listening to the stock unit for two months and regardless of sound differences Im just alot more drawn into and intoxicated by the music with the MWTP so far. I realized this when today listening to  Roger Waters Live At Berlin Wall and I threw my hands up in the air like I was at the show. The stock unit never got me that involved.

You guys got me buying rca 6sntgt v-231's and already shot a email for that EML as well. Eventually look into the TungSols but if I can get 90 percent from RCA for 60 bux a pair NOS that is acceptable for now. By end of the month when wayne is ready I will be all broken in , have compared and sold stock unit,  and then just enjoying the MWTP with fancy tubes and watching Yanks bully Red Sox like the good ole days :D

So in about 150 hrs or so I will give my two cents on the stock vs mwtp/w/stock tubes. Then im off to EML/6sn7 land.

valvesaglowin

• Industry Participant
  • Quality is no accident
    • TubesUSA
« Reply #792 on: 15 Feb 2009, 07:24 pm »
Folks, once again we are running down on our 5U4G mesh inventory. This will be the third shipment in the last month that we will have exhausted in very short order. If you have emailed us regarding us notifying you(we have), please contact us before it becomes first come, first serve. Our next shipment looks to be about a month away. Thanks for your support!

Best,

George
TubesUSA.com

mikel51

« Reply #793 on: 15 Feb 2009, 07:49 pm »
You guys got me hook, line and sinker  :?

I just purchased a pair of the tung sol round plates on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120375629452

Wayne1

« Reply #794 on: 15 Feb 2009, 09:27 pm »
George,

The Slipstream Purifiers will fit in the adapters, no problem. I can use the copper, silver or gold versions, as long as someone will pay for them  :D

mikel51

« Reply #795 on: 16 Feb 2009, 12:40 am »
George,

The Slipstream Purifiers will fit in the adapters, no problem. I can use the copper, silver or gold versions, as long as someone will pay for them  :D

do you use 8 of them? one for each pin? :green:

Bigfish

« Reply #796 on: 16 Feb 2009, 01:24 am »
Ted, George and David have created a furor amongst us about the sonic superiority of the 6SN7 tubes versus the 6CG7 types.  Many of us with early editions of the ModWright Transporters sent them back to Dan for the Turbo and Bybee Upgrades and realized sonic improvements from the upgrades.  The EML Mesh Rectifier has been another step-up in performance and now for most of us the future experimentation with 6SN7 Tubes.  When I am able to obtain a standard set of adapters to roll the 6SN7's I cannot imagine what might be next for the ModWright Transporter.  For me personally, I doubt it will be Bybees inside the tube adapters.  Anyway, if you go back to page 1 of the Tube Rolling Thread you realize there has been substantial sonic improvements made to a source that sounded pretty darn good from day one!  Thanks to Dan Wright for his genius in modding the Transporter and many thanks to Ted and David for sharing all of your tube rolling experience!

Ken

rydenfan

« Reply #797 on: 16 Feb 2009, 02:55 am »
My pleasure Ken  :D I look forward to your thoughts on the 6SN7's...

Audioclyde

« Reply #798 on: 16 Feb 2009, 12:16 pm »
My MW Transporter (full Plat. mods) is really rounding into shape nicely.  I'm probably at around 150 hours or so now, so from what you guys have experienced I'm likely not all the way there yet.  This weekend I rolled some Tung Sol blackplate 6CG7s in (I know these were too warm for some of you) and I'm really, really liking the sound.

Suffice it to say that I have no regrets and the Raysonic CD168 (which I really like as well) has been demoted and carted off to the bedroom system  :D.

Now I just can't wait for some of Wayne's adaptors to give my 6SN7 inventory a whirl!!

Randy

Berto

« Reply #799 on: 16 Feb 2009, 07:44 pm »
You guys got me hook, line and sinker  :?

I just purchased a pair of the tung sol round plates on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120375629452

I just went for it and got Tung Sol round plates as well from same seller,(seems like he has some great NOS 6SN7s and good prices as well) I wonder how long it will take too ship too NY from Greece but no rush since still breaking in and waiting for adaptors.  Also contacted George about the EML, (in case I had to wait on that as well) turns out he lives in next town over and is dropping one off this afternoon. I realize I'm rushing into things, partly due to my excitement of such an amazing and new source.  But from reading the thread the EML seems like numero uno rectifier and although only 100hrs on MWTP , it will be a no brain-er replacing the stock one. 
  Still plan on doing A/B test against stock eventually, but don't see that mismatch requiring a helluva lot of time.
  I do prefer the voluptuous sound/girl over less full sound/waif blond so hopefully I won't have to look back after I get the adaptors and just enjoy!